Palenque

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Tour Guide

by AEWALT711 Online Now Dec 5, 2011 at 7:42 PM

A small group (6)of us will be visiting Palenque in April 2012 and would like to arrange for a tour guide prior to our arrival. I have searched a number of webpages for names of personal guides, but have learned only that we can wait and get an official guide when we enter the ruins.
      Any help in finding a tour guide for one day will be greatly appreciated.
      Thanks.
      Arch

4 Answers Jan 19, 2012 at 8:56 PM
    • El Panchan

by shiranlevy3 Online Now Aug 18, 2011 at 2:14 PM

Hello!!!

My friend and i traveling in Mexico (backpackers).
      I'm going to be in Palenque in two weeks, and i have heard about El Panchan.
      1)Is this a good place to spend there 2 days, or something like that?
      we like live shows, nature, meet people all over.

2)Someone know maybe the price range there? we are staying in hostels most of the time with paying10usd per night so can i find something like that there?

Thank you all!

• colectivo from palenque to tikal

by kimedb Online Now Mar 20, 2011 at 10:44 AM

whats is the best to get to tikal from palenque? In palenque where can i find the information? Im planning a trip with friends to visit mayas ruins but my spanish isnt so good, so i dont want to get there and be stuck in palenque because i dont find the appropriate information.
      So, what is the easiest way to get to tikal, guatemala from palenque, chiapas?
      Thanks a lot
      kimedb

4 Answers Mar 20, 2011 at 10:50 PM
    • juniorista's Profile Photo

what to do after 1pm?

by juniorista Online Now Jun 12, 2010 at 8:23 PM

i'm taking a 7.15am bus from san cristobal, so i should be getting to palenque by 12.30pm, from what it sounds like here. i figure by the time i get a hotel and everything else taken care of it would be around 1.30pm. what should i do for the rest of the day--besides seeing the ruins? i figure i'll go there early the next morning so that i'm not rushed.

1 Answer Jun 13, 2010 at 1:27 AM
    • Chiapas Day Tour or Palenque only Tour?

by bingdan Online Now Feb 15, 2010 at 9:43 PM

I just booked a tour starting from 6 am from San cristobal to Palenque. It will take me to Agua Azul Cascades,Misol-Ha Cascade, and Palenque Ruins. However, i am still thinking, if it is worth to just spend one day in Palenque and not doing the other two stuff.
      My situation is, I only have two days in Chiapas. I decided to go to canion sumidero on the first day. So basicaly i only have the second day for Palenque. I will take the five oclock bus to cancun from Palenque.
      I do want to see more stuff in Mexico because i am from Asia and everything will be so different from where I live...But if the other two places are not that great, I think i will be willing to drop them. But i do need some advice. Thanks a lot!!

3 Answers Jul 12, 2010 at 3:37 PM
    • Best way to get to Palenque from Merida

by Brigettes Online Now Aug 4, 2009 at 12:56 PM

Hi I am looking to take a trip to Palenque from Merida. Can anyone suggest the best route to get there and prox driving time? Also are these toll or free roads?
      Thank you

2 Answers Jul 12, 2010 at 4:13 PM
    • Bus Schedule

by alphamail Online Now Feb 16, 2009 at 10:26 AM

In February "08," I caught an early bus from a PV/Zona Romantica street corner to Palenque. How can I get current info on schedule? TY

2 Answers Feb 20, 2009 at 9:03 PM
    • carloarg02's Profile Photo

Bus from Palenque to Chichen Itza? Autobus desde Palenque a Chichen Itza?

by carloarg02 Online Now Feb 1, 2009 at 11:57 AM

Hello,

Estoy tratando de ir desde Palenque a Chichen Itza por autobus nocturno. Estuve buscando en http://www.ticketbus.com.mx pero no veo ninguna manera directa de llegar. Hay un autobus desde Palenque a Merida, y despues tendria que tomarme otro de Merida a Chichen Itza, pero no es muy conveniente que digamos. ?Que me recomiendan? Mil gracias?

I'm trying to figure out if it's possible to get from Palenque to Chichen Itza by overnight bus. It doesn't look like http://www.ticketbus.com.mx has any way of getting there directly. It looks like I could take an overnight bus Palenque/Merida and then take a super-early bus Merida-Chichen Itza, but that's really inconvenient. There's an ADO leaving Palenque at 10pm getting to Merida at 6am, for example. Any better ideas?

Gracias / Thanks!

Carlos

2 Answers Feb 2, 2009 at 11:39 AM
    • Rental Accommodation in Palenque

by twoozamigos Online Now Jan 13, 2009 at 11:36 AM

Hola,

I am planning to spend a week or two in Palenque some time during the next 6 weeks. Would anyone know of a house for rent for two adults and two well-trained dogs?

Kind regards,
      Natasha.

• Itineraries from Palenqut to Flores, Guatemala

by wpjung Online Now Apr 15, 2008 at 10:10 AM

I am planning to visit Flores next month early this year. During go there from Paleque by public transportation, also wish to visit BONAMPAK, or YAXCHILÁN hopefully. But the time is not enough by geneal tour so I dream another itineraries as follows. First day : Early moring (about 06:00) walking the ruins of palenque After lunch go to FRONTERA COROZAL by combi or colotivo sleep at any hotel in FRONTERA COROZAL Second day : Go to BONAMPAK (by public transportation) or YAXCHILÁN (by boat) After some tour return to FRONTERA COROZAL Cross the river by boat to Bethel, Guatemala, ride bus to Flores My question are 1) Is this possible ? 2) Are there Any accomodations at FRONTERA COROZAL . 3) Always some travellers take their accomodations at FRONTERA COROZAL . 4) How much dangerous around FRONTERA COROZAL at nightlife. I am glad to receive any recommendation from a person experienced. Thanks.

1 Answer Apr 15, 2008 at 11:28 AM
    • stamporama's Profile Photo

Would it be practical?

by stamporama Online Now Mar 23, 2008 at 7:21 AM

Here's my situation: I already have flight & hotel reservations plus a prepared itinerary to go around the Yucatan ruins within 5 days this May. We will be based at Merida. But going over some back issues of National Geographic, I noticed that the Palenque ruins were featured more often and this made me rethink my travel plans. Is Palenque really that different and interesting enough to be worth the extra cost, time and distance after one has seen the ruins of Chichen Itza, Uxmal, Ek Balam? Thanks for your comments.

5 Answers Mar 25, 2008 at 11:28 AM
    • driving from palenque to tikal

by lakeisha Online Now Mar 21, 2008 at 11:55 PM

Is it possible to rent a car and drive from Tikal to Palenque? Thanks.

1 Answer Mar 22, 2008 at 3:30 PM
    • bussing it from mexico d.f. to palenque

by davidotter Online Now Mar 10, 2008 at 11:28 AM

i arrive in mexico city airport and would like to catch a bus to palenque. any help would be appreciated - where i catch the bus in relation to the airport, how long a trip it is, changing busses/connections, etc.

many thanks!

• XtravelloverX's Profile Photo

Closest Airport to Palenque?

by XtravelloverX Online Now Dec 24, 2007 at 10:40 AM

Hi!

I'm looking into a trip to Palenque and am wondering the best airport to fly into for proximity?

3 Answers Dec 26, 2007 at 10:36 AM
    • sammyboy312's Profile Photo

Roads to Palenque and San Cristobal de las Casas

by sammyboy312 Online Now Nov 19, 2007 at 2:13 PM

I planning on traveling this December around Chiapas. I was wondering if anybody knows how the roads are after the floods in Tabasco and Chiapas? Thanks for any info

6 Answers Nov 23, 2007 at 12:25 PM
    • sammyboy312's Profile Photo

Family hotels at Palenque

by sammyboy312 Online Now Nov 13, 2007 at 12:29 AM

I am traveling with the whole family (two young kids) and I was wondering about some decent hotels to stay in. They have to be AC and it would help to have a pool and we dont need to be in the most expensive one. Does anybody have a recommendation? Thank a lot

3 Answers Nov 14, 2007 at 1:38 AM
    • Palenque in November

by colleenbartley Online Now Jul 26, 2007 at 2:29 PM

We are planning a trip to Chiapas in mid-November. We are flying in to Tuxtla Gutierrez and then bussin to San Cristobel de las Casas, then Palenque, then Campeche and finally to Cancun from whence we shall fly back home. I understand that November is at the end of the rainy season in Chiapas and I have read about mudslides in the past that have made roads impassable from San Cristobel to Palenque. Is this the kind of hazzard we should expect in November or was it just a particularly bad year?

1 Answer Jul 29, 2007 at 5:46 PM
    • wilocrek's Profile Photo

Tulum to Calakmul to Palenque Travel

by wilocrek Online Now Jul 14, 2007 at 10:16 AM

I'm going to be staying in Tulum and was planning on driving from Tulum to Calakmul, visit the ruins, and then drive from there to Palenque and then back to Tulum. How long does it take to make that drive and what cities should I spend the night in to save the most time. How many days should I plan for? Also is it safe to drive route 307 and route 186?

• Oaxaca - Palenque

by bcmar Online Now Mar 28, 2007 at 5:51 AM

Hi,

I've booked flights for Mexico very last minute (from Scotland) and have less than a week to do research. Arriving at Mexico D.F. going to spend a few days then possibly hire a car, drive to Oaxaca down the non toll road to enjoy a contrast and see thigns a little off the beaten track.

After a few days in Oaxaca area am thinking of continuing to Palenque. Can't really find much info about the road - how long does it take driving in a relaxed way, and what exactly is the risk of robbery en-route which I seem to read about but am not convinced is too great a risk ?

Partner and I are very fluent in Spanish, and we are considering using bus in place of hire car but don't want long journeys via bus. Is it better to perhaps get bus to Oaxaca and fly to Palenque or what ? Any suggestions most welcome - I'm doing non stop reading and research at the moment to get the most out of our trip next week.

Thanks!

6 Answers Apr 3, 2007 at 12:11 PM
    • Is it safe in Villahermosa, Mexico and Palenque

by jjxray7154 Online Now Jan 24, 2007 at 7:14 PM

We always travel to cancun and the other ruins in the Yucatan. My wife is concerned about the safety factor in these two areas.

Are there other things to see in Palenque area other than the main ruins?

Can this be done in one day with a return back to Villahermosa, Mexico
      that evening?

I plan on flying from Cancun to Mexico city to Villahermosa, Mexico.
      What is the best way and the costs to get from Villahermosa, Mexico
      to palenque.

Thanks for the input.
      JJ

2 Answers Jan 27, 2007 at 4:28 PM
    • Palenque

by louisbeck Online Now Jul 1, 2006 at 6:27 AM

How much time do I need to see the ruins properly?

4 Answers Jul 5, 2006 at 9:53 AM
    • Bus Palenque-Flores/Tikal

by evaswede Online Now Nov 16, 2005 at 10:50 AM

Hallo,
      I´m planning to take a bus between Palenque and Flores/Tikal in Guatemala. Have you tried the busride after the latest hurricane? Was it OK, any problems at the border? How much?
      Evaswede

4 Answers May 18, 2006 at 9:32 AM
    • Getting There Help!

by ArthurRex Online Now Aug 9, 2005 at 8:44 PM

I am trying to put together a trip to Palenque. I would be flying from Dallas to Mexico City to Villahermosa. How does one sugest getting from Villahermosa to Palenque? Are there bus services? A professional travel company in Villahermosa? Must one rent a taxi for the 89 mile journey? I do not speak spanish and am apprehensive about this part of the trip. Would appreciate any help from other travelers.

2 Answers Jul 11, 2006 at 2:17 PM
    • e-katarina's Profile Photo

Leaving Palenque for Tulum

by e-katarina Online Now Jun 9, 2005 at 5:58 AM

Does anyone know which is the best bus to take from Palenque to Tulum? They say its not a good idea to travel in Chiapas at night cos of high road robberies, so was thinking like an after-noon bus so as to travel by day in Chiapas and by the time night falls be in Yucatan? Any suggestions? Thoughts? Ideas? Thanks to everyone..

Oh also, does anyone know the price of this trip?

2 Answers Jun 11, 2005 at 7:09 PM
    • risk of malaria

by jeff12585 Online Now Mar 21, 2005 at 2:38 AM

Have there been recent reports of malaria outbreak in the Palenque region? Am visiting next week and was wondering about what protection to take.

1 Answer May 18, 2006 at 4:34 PM
    • Flights from Palenque to Tikal

by noahs Online Now Dec 26, 2004 at 9:47 AM

I have seen various references on different websites about flights from Palenque to Tikal, but I have not seen any references to the specific airline that offers these flights. The only flights I have seen offered are flights to go from Palenque - Mexico City - Guatemala City - Flores, but I am looking for something more direct. Can anyone help me with this ? Thanks

3 Answers Jun 10, 2005 at 4:03 PM
    • ArtMeg's Profile Photo

Palenque to Xpujil by Bus

by ArtMeg Online Now Nov 4, 2004 at 1:06 PM

My fiance and I will be traveling from Palenque to Xpujil during our two week trip in Guatemala and Mexico. We have a day set aside for traveling between the two places, but have a hotel reservation for the evening near Xpujil. So, we would like to travel primarily during the daytime. The TicketBus website is not giving us any help on this leg of the trip. If anyone knows what busline, what times, or what method of travel would be best, let me know! Meghan

1 Answer Nov 5, 2004 at 9:12 AM
    • sadie_sq's Profile Photo

Safety traveling from Palenque to Tikal

by sadie_sq Online Now Mar 15, 2004 at 7:42 AM

I am considering traveling from Palenque / Agua Azul to Flores / Tikal. Maybe I worry too much, but I am concered about safety regarding taking an overnight bus. Is there a better way to travel between these two locations? I will be going in late May. Any advice or comments on the safety of this travel will be wonderful!! Peace, Suzanne

3 Answers Jan 27, 2005 at 1:53 PM
    • saliha's Profile Photo

palenque cheapest hostels

by saliha Online Now Jul 4, 2003 at 7:39 AM

I'm staying in Palenque with a friend for 2 nights, the 4th and the 5th of july. We're looking for a cheap hostel or bed and breakfast. Can you help us?

4 Answers Nov 25, 2004 at 12:05 PM