Palembang Travel Answers

change location

Palembang To Bandung by train

by jinx888 Online Now Nov 7, 2012 at 3:40 PM

How to go to Bandung by train from Palembang?and how many hours it will take?anybody who knows the easiest way pls help..Thank you so much.

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • theo1006's Profile Photo

Re: Palembang To Bandung by train

by theo1006 Online Now Nov 7, 2012 at 4:34 PM

Palembang and Bandung are on different islands, Sumatra and Java. There are no trains between them. You could go part of the way by train, that becomes rather complicated: train Palembang - Tanjungkarang, bus Tanjungkarang - Jakarta (including ferry), train Jakarta - Bandung.
    I would rather fly.

Theo

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Fiktor's Profile Photo

by Fiktor Online Now Nov 7, 2012 at 5:13 PM

Hi,
    I have to agree with Theo, they are on different islands, and whilest close, they are seperated by the Sunda Straits. There is no train and even going by road involves a ferry crossing. Both are large cities and have major airports. The easiest way by far would be to fly. From Bandung you'll be able to catch the train to most parts of Java.
    Cheers,

• Re: Palembang To Bandung by train

by jinx888 Online Now Nov 11, 2012 at 8:09 AM

Thank you so much for the info i needed to know.Yup, i will just book a ticket fr Palembang to Bandung.Thanks to all of you guys.you all are a big help.

• lleonyus's Profile Photo

by lleonyus Online Now Nov 17, 2012 at 3:23 AM

Hi, I think there is no way trip by train from Bdg to Palembang.. It's better if you go by plane. By plane you need 1,5 hours.. You can check at "utiket.com" for the price, if you use train I think you need 24-36 hours, because different island from Bdg to Palembang.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Palembang