Travel Answers
Palawan

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Choice: Honda Bay & the Underground River OR Port Barton?

by maggc Online Now Apr 9, 2014 at 10:48 AM

Hello, my boyfriend and I are travelling to Palawan in mid-May, flying into Puerto Princesa and out of El Nido. We only have 8 nights there so to avoid the stress of trying to fit in too many different places, we need to make the decision: 3 nights in Puerto Princesa inc. day trips to Honda Bay and the Underground River or head straight on up to Port Barton and stay there for 3 night (perhaps camping for a couple at Thelma and Toby's).

What we want out of this holiday is a bit of beauty, relaxation and a dose of adventure... Port Barton seems to offer that but I can't tell whether it's foolish to miss out seeing some of the island's biggest attractions in favour of it.

Any insights would be very happily appreciated!

more
    • weather in october

by desiree92 Online Now Apr 7, 2014 at 10:44 PM

Hi, im planning a trip with my family to visit puerto princesa and el nido in mid october and I was just wondering what theweather would be like. I keep hearing ddifferent things from friends. Some say it should be fine others say that it will most likely be rainy. It seems like such a waste to go if it will be raining. What months are the best time to travel there?
      Thank you!!

more
    • Choice: Honda Bay & the Underground River OR Port Barton?

by maggc Online Now Apr 9, 2014 at 10:48 AM

Hello, my boyfriend and I are travelling to Palawan in mid-May, flying into Puerto Princesa and out of El Nido. We only have 8 nights there so to avoid the stress of trying to fit in too many different places, we need to make the decision: 3 nights in Puerto Princesa inc. day trips to Honda Bay and the Underground River or head straight on up to Port Barton and stay there for 3 night (perhaps camping for a couple at Thelma and Toby's).

What we want out of this holiday is a bit of beauty, relaxation and a dose of adventure... Port Barton seems to offer that but I can't tell whether it's foolish to miss out seeing some of the island's biggest attractions in favour of it.

Any insights would be very happily appreciated!

2 Answers Apr 9, 2014 at 1:54 PM
    • weather in october

by desiree92 Online Now Apr 7, 2014 at 10:44 PM

Hi, im planning a trip with my family to visit puerto princesa and el nido in mid october and I was just wondering what theweather would be like. I keep hearing ddifferent things from friends. Some say it should be fine others say that it will most likely be rainy. It seems like such a waste to go if it will be raining. What months are the best time to travel there?
      Thank you!!

3 Answers Apr 8, 2014 at 2:21 AM
    • traveling in July?

by globalirene Online Now Mar 4, 2014 at 11:20 AM

Unfortunately, July is the only time my husband and I are able to travel this year and we are thinking to go to the Philippines, particularly Palawan / Coron. I hate to bother you all with the typical question.. but wondering how bad does it typically rain... all day for weeks or just a couple hours a day.. Any thoughts/ tips would be appreciated! thanks!

5 Answers Mar 13, 2014 at 6:00 PM
    • Weather on Palawan

by Traveller1608 Online Now Jan 14, 2014 at 8:34 AM

We - a group of 4 people - plan to visit Palawan and would land at Puerto Princesa on Jan. 17th, 2014. On the next days we want to visit Sabang/National Park. Around Jan. 21st we plan to move to El Nido and spend a whole week there. However, we are very concerned due to the weather forecast of Palawan. Do you think we should change our plans and not come to Palawan? How is the weather there these days? Unfortunately the websites for weather forecasting differ in their predictions: Some predict constant rain, while others just short showers.
      We would appreciate your help a lot and are looking forward to getting your answer soon! Thank you very much!

2 Answers Jan 14, 2014 at 2:39 PM
    • how to get cheaper rates

by msawit Online Now Dec 25, 2013 at 10:09 PM

Any way to get cheaper room rates than rack rate at the El Nido Resorts in Palawan?

5 Answers Dec 26, 2013 at 11:08 PM
    • Trip to Palawan

by thingy123 Online Now Dec 22, 2013 at 2:02 AM

My partner and I are planning to go to Palawan next month.

Jan 23: Manila
      Jan 24: Manila-Puerto Princesa by air, stay overnight at Puerto Princesa
      Jan 25: Port Barton
      Jan 26: Port Barton (or Puerto Princesa?) to El Nido by bus
      Jan 27-28: El Nido tour
      Jan 29: El Nido to Coron by boat
      Jan 30: Coron tour
      Jan 31: Coron to Manila

We both are not super active persons, just want to enjoy the beautiful scenery, some relaxing moments on the beach, maybe trying out the diving once or twice...We wonder whether this schedule is too tight? Shall we only choose either El Nido or Coron, not both? Also we heard that Coron was affected by the typhoon before. Not sure whether we should go there. If you are familiar with the area, please give us some advice.

Thank you very much.

4 Answers Dec 29, 2013 at 9:59 PM
    • Taking a baby to palawan

by Belle001 Online Now Nov 25, 2013 at 5:35 AM

My partner,16 week old baby and I are going to Palawan,porta princess in December. Is it recommended and do we need immunization?

7 Answers Nov 26, 2013 at 12:13 PM
    • Travel to Palawan

by jass785 Online Now Nov 18, 2013 at 10:54 AM

Hello,

We have a group of 12 planning to head to Palawan early January. I heard that travel is not recommended due to the typhoon? Any updates or recommendations?

thanks!

6 Answers Nov 25, 2013 at 5:19 AM
    • firefly03's Profile Photo

Palawan in July

by firefly03 Online Now Nov 17, 2013 at 10:36 PM

Hi. I booked a flight to Palawan on July 2014. I know it is in the middle of the rainy season but that's only the available date. Is it safe to travel there?

8 Answers Jan 6, 2014 at 9:48 PM
    • How safety along the way to travel at night going el nido with private van?

by eyes_825 Online Now Oct 8, 2013 at 11:23 PM

We are going to have our trip from PP to el nido dis october. We are all GIRLS in a group.Our travel going to el nido schedules at night time around 10pm...just being worried by now if How safety along the way to travel at NIGHT going to el nido with a private Van? pls. we need ur help and proper info. regarding this trip. thanks all :)

2 Answers Oct 9, 2013 at 8:14 AM
    • Is Palawan safe for tourists?

by nomadbear Online Now Oct 2, 2013 at 10:18 PM

Hello, I'm planning to travel to Palawan in November and had a few questions. Most pressing is the terrorist/safety concern. I've read that Philippines is at an unrest and to avoid southern Philippines in particular if you are a tourist. How safe is Palawan in comparison?

And I'm looking at swimming with the turtles, does anyone know where to go in Nov? And a rather silly question, are there sharks in these areas? I want to snorkel but I'm not to keen on sharks.

Thank you very much!

9 Answers Nov 1, 2013 at 6:39 PM
    • star_sandoval2013's Profile Photo

Best Cheap Beach Resort in Palawan

by star_sandoval2013 Online Now Sep 12, 2013 at 7:51 PM

My friends and I are planning to go to Palawan in October. I hear the island has so many beautiful spots and we were planning to go backpacking to save on expenses but in the end, we decided we'd really like to find some nice beach resort where we can stay. But most of the resorts I've found on the net are quite pricey. :(

Does anyone know of a nice resort in Palawan(not so far from the airport) that's not so expensive?

If you could throw in some suggestions for great spots to visit, that would also be very much appreciated. :D

Thanks!

10 Answers Nov 1, 2013 at 6:59 PM
    • sheanbedi's Profile Photo

VT member in Palawan !

by sheanbedi Online Now Jul 17, 2013 at 4:21 PM

Hi, I will be visiting Palawan with family coming early august. Puerto Princesa is our touch down point. Hope to meet up local VT member for some advise or just to toast... cheers

4 Answers Jul 24, 2013 at 7:51 AM
    • How was Club Paradise

by bazzenz Online Now Jul 9, 2013 at 2:34 PM

How was Cub Paradise

1 Answer Jul 9, 2013 at 3:21 PM
    • travelera's Profile Photo

coron palawan this november anyone?

by travelera Online Now Jul 1, 2012 at 6:59 AM

Hi i have been planning my trip to coron palawan this nov 2012. My first time backpacking but somehow i still wanna have a travel buddy.. female/male..foreigner /local,. The place is absolutely awesome! I just wanna explore its beauty and have a good time! If anyone is interested pls. email me!thanks

7 Answers Sep 14, 2012 at 4:37 PM
    • sanggano's Profile Photo

Underground River

by sanggano Online Now May 1, 2012 at 5:34 AM

Can anyone please direct me to someone who does a decent Underground River tour? Need to arrange one for 1 June 2012. Thanks in advance!

4 Answers May 7, 2012 at 9:32 AM
    • Parkerdixon's Profile Photo

Driving - Puerto Princesa to Port Barton, then onto El Nido.

by Parkerdixon Online Now Feb 12, 2012 at 8:23 PM

I've always wanted to tour Palawan's stunning countryside.

Has anyone ever driven by private car (Toyota Rav4 in my case) from Puerto Princesa to Port Barton (on the NW coast), then from Port Barton to El Nido (in the north), and then back to Puerto Princesa.
      I plan to leave PP early on day #1, 2 nights in PB, then day#3 drive on to El Nido, stay 2 nights and then on day#5 drive back down to PP.

I'd like to know what the road is like once you turn off the national highway towards Port Barton, and then up towards El Nido.

I'll be travelling with my wife, our teenage son and 9 year old daughter.

Thanks for any advice you can give.

10 Answers Feb 23, 2012 at 10:57 PM
    • backpacking_buddies's Profile Photo

How safe it is to roam around Palwan by christmas season?

by backpacking_buddies Online Now Dec 5, 2011 at 9:32 PM

-Can somebody please tell me how safe it is to go to Palawan by christmas?
      -What place to stay in puerto princesa that will suit our budget as a backpacker?
      -Where to rent motorbike?

Me and my husband will planning to fly there this coming Dec22,2011 but still dont have ideas bout the place and where start first!
      Please can somebody help us!

8 Answers Dec 17, 2011 at 6:59 PM
    • Palawan questions

by magtgn Online Now Aug 20, 2011 at 11:37 PM

-How safe is Palawan for tourist now in 2011?
      Is there any Terrorist action going on there?

- Are there any areas unsafe to avoid?

Which parts of Palawan have night clubs and other activities?

Is there much nite life there?

Are there any reefs along shore line of beach for snorkeling?

Which part of Palawan has the clearest waters?

How bad are the Lamok in December?

Are there many restaurants along beach area?

Is there much American food available?

Is beach open or blocked off by private resort beaches as in Lapu lapu city?

Any good travel agencies based in PI that you reccomend

1 Answer Feb 28, 2013 at 3:25 AM
    • no_tanlines's Profile Photo

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME, PLANNING A TRIP TO CORON-EL NIDO-PORT BARTON

by no_tanlines Online Now Feb 28, 2011 at 6:11 AM

PLEASE HELP ME. I DO NOT KNOW WHAT IS THE EASIEST WAY TO TRAVEL BETWEEN THESE THREE PLACES. SHOULD I LAND IN PUERTO PRINCESA-DRIVE TO PORT BARTON- BOAT RIDE TO EL NIDO , ANOTHER BOAT RIDE TO CORON?

OR FLY TO EL NIDO THEN BOAT RIDE TO CORON? AND FORGET ORT BARTON.

OR FLY TO EL NIDO THEN BOAT RIDE TO PORT BARTON THEN DRIVE TO PUERTO PRINCESA AIRPORT?

* NOTE, I ONLY HAVE 7 DAYS IN PALAWAN, FROM APRIL 11 TO 18.
      I WILL BE FLYING IN FROM MANILA AND LEAVING ON THE 18TH TO HEAD TO BORACAY.
      IS THIS DOABLE? I REALLY APPRECIATE ALL YOUR HELP IN ADVANCE! THANK YOU!

3 Answers Mar 10, 2011 at 5:58 PM
    • no_tanlines's Profile Photo

EL NIDO TO PORT BARTON AND PORT BARTON TO PUERTO PRINCESA

by no_tanlines Online Now Feb 28, 2011 at 5:05 AM

WHATS THE BEST WAY TO GET TO PORT BARTON FROM EL NIDO? HOW MANY HOURS IS THE TRIP?
      AND HOW MANY HOURS IS THE RIDE FROM PORT BATON TO PUERTO PRINCESA AIRPORT? HOW MUCH IS THE FARE?

1 Answer Mar 2, 2011 at 10:08 AM
    • Palawan residency

by terrymate Online Now Feb 22, 2011 at 4:29 AM

I am planning to up sticks from the UK and go to Puerto Princesa in a few months when I sell my property.
      I chose PP because it is the biggest place in Palawan (medical, banking, infrastructure etc).
      I would eventually like to lease a property in Palawan (foreigners can't buy) and will probably go after residents permit.
      Any obsevations about living in Palawan ( nicest,cheapest places to rent/lease etc) would be welcome.

6 Answers Nov 11, 2012 at 7:19 AM
    • Palawan with 1 1/2 yr old baby

by cedricsmom Online Now Feb 13, 2011 at 8:27 AM

is it allowed or is it safe to bring along your 1 1/2 yr old baby in underground river and island hoping. tnx

1 Answer Feb 14, 2011 at 1:20 AM
    • buenababe's Profile Photo

is malaria prophylaxis needed?

by buenababe Online Now Feb 1, 2011 at 8:58 PM

2wks from now, we will be visiting palawan for 4 days and im quite aware that malaria is endemic there. to those who have already been there, did u take prophylaxis? if yes, what is commonly prescribed - doxycycline or chloroquine?

thanks!

13 Answers Feb 7, 2011 at 1:55 AM
    • PP to El Nido

by Bouncing Online Now Jan 5, 2011 at 1:54 AM

What is best way to travel from PP to El Nido (and then back). I am thinking of renting a car, but have heard some pretty high prices so far.

The bus sounds like a long, tough trip and am looking for decent comfort plus relaxation. Anyone get suggestions on who to contact or better ways to get to El Nido aside from a 7 hour bus ride?

We got time on the trip so I am ok with breaking it up over a day or two if that helps. Or should we just stay closer to PP if don't want to make the bus journey.

Thanks!

5 Answers Jan 8, 2011 at 11:16 PM
    • partyjetsetgo's Profile Photo

Anyone traveling to Palawan this December?

by partyjetsetgo Online Now Nov 3, 2010 at 10:41 AM

Hi, looking for travel buddys to go to Palawan, was thinking of having a quick land at Puerto Princesa then off to El Nido to get my dive cert for say 3 - 4 days - can have boat tours on the side (coz they are amazingly beautiful, like insanely beautiful) - then if time permits a day or two at another island called coco loco, dive again :) then back to puerto princesa then manila .. sound swell? holler at me :)

6 Answers Nov 18, 2010 at 4:24 AM
    • julieann83's Profile Photo

Good Itinerary for 6 Nights 5 days in Palawan

by julieann83 Online Now Jun 21, 2010 at 11:15 PM

Hello fellow Vt'ers,

Could you please suggest a good itinerary for 5 days in palawan.
      I would be arriving in Puerto princesa on the 24th of July and will be flying back to manila on the 29th.

I'm just travelling on a tight budget and alone and I'm a little bit concerned with the cost of tours.

I hope some groups are also vacationing in Palawan the same date I'm there and I hope I can join to cut expenses.

Hoping to receive some good suggestions. Thank you very much..

3 Answers Jan 5, 2011 at 10:17 PM
    • Has anyone tried staying in Darayonan?

by bogwurst Online Now Apr 23, 2010 at 12:48 AM

Hi,

We're going to Coron in early June and planning to stay in Darayonan. Has anyone stayed in this place? Any feedback/reviews would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

1 Answer May 27, 2010 at 10:04 AM
    • utchie's Profile Photo

Coron Tour package

by utchie Online Now Apr 14, 2010 at 2:28 AM

Package cost is 3500 - is this okay?

Inclusion:

- Roundtrip land transfer via van (airport-hotel-airport) exclusively for the group only

- Lunch during island hopping tour

- Coron inland tour (private and exclusively for the group only)

- Two days of island hopping (private and exclusively for the group only)

- All entrance fees

- Permits and taxes

- Life vest

- Boatman and tour guide during the tour

NOTE: My entire package are exclusively for your group only, we don’t allow joining group even if your only 2persons it is still privately for your group only to have a privacy and relaxation during the trip.

Itinerary

Day 1 – airport pickup, transfer to your hotel and start the inland tour.

Coron Inland Tour (2:00-8:00pm or 2:30-8:30pm)

( San Agustin Church, Municipal Hall & Park, Mt. Tapyas, Souvenir Shop, Coron Cashew Harvest, Maquinit Hotspring ) all entrance fee

Day 2 – breakfast and start your whole day island hopping.

CORON LOOP PACKAGE (7:30am – 5:30pm)

(Kayangan Lake, Barracuda Lake, Twin Lagoon, Twin Peaks, Siete Pecados, Banol Beach, CYC Beach) all entrance fees, Boatman, Tour Guide and Life vest.

Day 3 – breakfast and start your whole day island hopping (u can choose between one destination below)

ISLAND ESCAPADE TOUR PACKAGE (7:30am-5:30pm)

(Malcapuya Island, Banana Island, Bulog Dos Island, Maloroyroy Island) all entrance fees, Boatman, Tour Guide and Life vest.

REEFS AND WRECKS TOUR PACKAGE (7:30am-5:30pm)

(Calumboyan island, Coral Graden, Lusong Wreck, Lusong Gunboat, Mangrove Trail) all entrance fees, Boatman, Tour Guide and Life vest.

Day 4 – breakfast, rest for awhile then pickup at the hotel/resort going to the airport.

10 Answers Sep 18, 2011 at 10:01 AM
    • worldsapart's Profile Photo

Holiday

by worldsapart Online Now Jan 18, 2010 at 3:39 AM

Hi

Can anyone suggest the best time to visit Palawan? i want to avoid the rain and really catch the sun ? also places to stay and any other advice would be greatly appreciated!!

ta

Cat x

6 Answers Mar 2, 2010 at 7:59 AM