Palawan Travel Answers

change location
no_tanlines's Profile Photo

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME, PLANNING A TRIP TO CORON-EL NIDO-PORT BARTON

by no_tanlines Online Now Feb 28, 2011 at 6:11 AM

PLEASE HELP ME. I DO NOT KNOW WHAT IS THE EASIEST WAY TO TRAVEL BETWEEN THESE THREE PLACES. SHOULD I LAND IN PUERTO PRINCESA-DRIVE TO PORT BARTON- BOAT RIDE TO EL NIDO , ANOTHER BOAT RIDE TO CORON?

OR FLY TO EL NIDO THEN BOAT RIDE TO CORON? AND FORGET ORT BARTON.

OR FLY TO EL NIDO THEN BOAT RIDE TO PORT BARTON THEN DRIVE TO PUERTO PRINCESA AIRPORT?

* NOTE, I ONLY HAVE 7 DAYS IN PALAWAN, FROM APRIL 11 TO 18.
I WILL BE FLYING IN FROM MANILA AND LEAVING ON THE 18TH TO HEAD TO BORACAY.
IS THIS DOABLE? I REALLY APPRECIATE ALL YOUR HELP IN ADVANCE! THANK YOU!

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • DSwede's Profile Photo

Re: CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME, PLANNING A TRIP TO CORON-EL NIDO-PORT BARTON

by DSwede Online Now Mar 2, 2011 at 10:13 AM

Now that the roads have improved, it is almost guaranteed that taking the jeepney or van on land will be faster and cheaper than taking a banca boat. Also, the banca boats are not guaranteed to run due to any factor such as weather, too few people, off season, etc.

If time is of the essence, you can fly between PP and El Nido. Sometimes you can also fly between those and Coron too, but these flights are seasonal and do not always operate. The boat between Coron and El Nido runs on very limited schedule and takes a full day.

Personally if you only have 7 days including travel time, I'd skip Port Barton.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • npamo's Profile Photo

by npamo Online Now Mar 2, 2011 at 4:23 PM

you may wish to check this site travel-philippines.com/locat... on travelling between the places you have mentioned.

• edwinic's Profile Photo

by edwinic Online Now Mar 10, 2011 at 5:58 PM

if you have 7 days, forget coron.

btw, pls do not post in all CAPs. it shows...

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines