Palau Travel Answers

change location
sdjaybird's Profile Photo

Rock Islands

by sdjaybird Online Now Jun 7, 2008 at 11:11 AM

Does anyone know the best way to actually get out to the Rock Islands? Do you have to take an organized boat tour or can you rent a boat and get there yourself? Isnt this the best are to snorkel and spend the days at the beach?
Can you hire a local to take you there for the day inexpensively? Are they too far distance wise to kayak yourself? Thanks

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Sergeyu's Profile Photo

Re: Rock Islands

by Sergeyu Online Now Jun 15, 2008 at 6:42 PM

I think the best way is to take organzied tour unless you comfortable with high budget - the distance there are quite number of miles, and teh boat which I was using on organzied trip was among fastest and most powerful speedboats I ever see, so to hire similar one I think will overall cost ca. 500-1000 USD/per day.

The trip I had with Sam's dive tour was really good, just 8 or 9 persons on teh board, we stopped among others at Jellyfish lake, but at the beach we were only on a "lunch island"- you shoudl aware, that Palau as South Pacific as whole is not strong with beach, unlike lagoons.

By kayak, of course , you can reach spart of islands, but I chosen the orgaiznes speedboat tour as it itinerary was much nicer, and without guide it is not always effecient just to look around.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Palau Travel Answer Locations