Palau Travel Answers

change location

Will Sept be good diving season in Palau?

by KennyIp Online Now May 31, 2007 at 8:01 PM

Hi,

I'm planning to Palau for a diving trip in Sept.
However, some websites mentioned July to Oct may not be good season for diving in Palau (because of trade wind)... could someone please give me some advise on it? Many thanks

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Niksen's Profile Photo

Re: Will Sept be good diving season in Palau?

by Niksen Online Now Jun 15, 2007 at 2:06 PM

I was on Palau in February which is the best time, im not too sure about september but i think its a risky time to go. water visibility could be bad due to heavy rainfall. I was told that in some periods thay can have massive rains for a long time, sorry not sure when exactly.

Also, be ready to use your credit card, Palau is expensive!!! to dive.

120$ for 1 day trip with 2 dives, and watch out for where you are going next day before putting your name on the list. Some of the dive sites are really not worth the money and the 1-2 hour trip each way, e.g. the iwo wreck, visibility about 5 meters in that area.

The cleaning station in the german channel was nice, but not a single fish in site anywhere.

The blue hole and blue corner (can be visited on same dive) is another story, some of the best dives i ever did, with nice sharks all over the place and not least hooking into the reef with reef-hooks. awesome!!

I have pictures online if interested.

brgds Nicolai

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Palau Travel Answer Locations