Palanga Travel Answers

change location
infinity-syndrome's Profile Photo

How to get from Palanga to Riga

by infinity-syndrome Online Now May 22, 2012 at 10:57 AM

Hello!

I would like to travel from Palanga to Riga in August. I guess there should be direct buses, but I can't find any schedule. I also need to know if we should buy tickets in advance (a day, a week?) or can do it just before the departure. Can I buy tickets via Internet somehow?

Thanks!

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • Re: How to get from Palanga to Riga

by brrr Online Now May 22, 2012 at 12:51 PM

Departs form Palanga at 9:00.
    Can buy a ticket via internet at www.autobusubilietai.lt , though whether it is necessary or not depends on season. August is a high season.
    There are more options if you go to Klaipėda and take a bus to Riga from there - there is another route which avoids Palanga.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • remigia's Profile Photo

Re: How to get from Palanga to Riga

by remigia Online Now May 24, 2012 at 12:11 AM

Hello

Acctually, there might be some extra busses during summer time. You can check on:
    www.klap.lt
    Another possible variant is going from Palanga to Liepaja aand then taking some local Latvian bus to Riga.
    And there might be problems with tickets so better buy in advance. Still if you want to buy them now it's little bit too early, do it in just about a month from you visist time.
    Good luck:)

• aterola's Profile Photo

by aterola Online Now Jun 15, 2012 at 12:19 AM

There is also a flight from Palanga to Riga - www.airbaltic.com
    If you will need any help when buying buss tickets as Remigia advised one month before trip, you can contact me.
    Have a nice day!
    LORETA

• aterola's Profile Photo

by aterola Online Now Jun 15, 2012 at 12:23 AM

Do you have a fixed time when you have to go Riga, do you go to Riga airport or center? There are few busses going from Klaipeda to Riga and to Riga airport, I wll tell you more details when I know what is your plan.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines