Palanga Travel Answers

change location
CoolB's Profile Photo

Palanga this weekend (1st in June)

by CoolB Online Now May 29, 2006 at 12:52 AM

Hi,

Coming to Palanga this first weekend in June and have a few questions:

1, What's the weather like out there? The forecasts I've seen on the net are confusing.
2, Are people at all in town this early?
3, What's the entertainment scene like, are pubs and clubs open.
4, I understand that Klaipeda is less of a resort town than Palanga, what is the distance between the two? Easiest way to travel between the two town and how much would it cost.

Cheers and thanx!
:-)B

Quote & Answer
7 Answers
  • RE: RE: Palanga this weekend (1st in June)

by davesea Online Now May 29, 2006 at 1:43 AM

Hi,

Nice choice. But personally I would recommend you to visit Palanga a little bit later than 1st of June, cause now it is still a little bit cold there, but then I was there on this weekend some pubs and clubs were already opened (met some hotties there:))
    If talking about Klaipeda, I can mention that on this time of year you will find more opened clubs and pubs there and the distance between Palanga and Klaipeda is about 35km. The easiest way to travel between these towns is by bus or taxi (and prices really don't bite).

Any way, have a nice weekend.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • aterola's Profile Photo

RE: Palanga this weekend (1st in June)

by aterola Online Now May 29, 2006 at 7:06 AM

Hi,
    Palanga is already getting crowded, so don't worry - there are people there ;-) I was there on Saturday - it takes already summer life pulse. But it is too early to the beach ;-) Today there is +12 degrees Celsius only.
    But the first weekend of June is very nice time to be in Klaipeda - we have famous jazz festivall without tickets - just three evenings of famoust jazz stars from many countries - they are playing in the old town in Theatre squere. You can check www.jazz.lt You will see, how wonderfull atmosphere can be during the festival. Don't miss it...

by aterola Online Now May 29, 2006 at 7:09 AM

Best way to get from Palanga to Klaipeda and back is to take so called "Marshrutka" - small buss ( van) from buss station. Price will be about 1 Euro one way. In Palanga you will see writen "Klaipeda" and folow the others. From Klaipeda buss station you can take the van just in from of entrance to station - there is always van waiting for travelers and when it is getting full - it goes...

by aterola Online Now May 29, 2006 at 7:11 AM

Pubs and clubs? Only Klaipeda... In Palanga there more like temporary places to eat and to drink, but nightlife is better in Klaipeda.

• CoolB's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Palanga this weekend (1st in June)

by CoolB Online Now May 29, 2006 at 1:02 PM

Aterola,

Thanks a million. I have been many a place all over Europe just for the jazz festivals. But this trip to Palanga wasn't really planned and I thought that I'd just find a place where I have never been to relax. So the info about the festival is a big bonus for this trip. I have checked out the festival website and the program does look very interesting (I've got African roots and see that they've got some from out there playing on Saturday). I'll try and attend as many concerts. Already booked a hotel room in Palanga and I guess it'd also be too late to try and find something in Klaipeda and so I'll be travelling to and fro.

Thanx also to the Davesea for the feedback.

Cheers!
    -:)B

by aterola Online Now May 29, 2006 at 10:57 PM

You are welcome...
    few advices - the festival is under sky - take umbrella or rain coat if it is raining. Leave valuable things in hotel save box, because where is crowded event, there are also these, who want to steel something. In Lithuania you don't need to have your passport with you when walking, better leave it in safe place. I am almost sure that you will take more than one drink in this atmosphere, so it is better not to have important things not to loose them ;-) One more advice only for you - near the squere there is Kurpiai restaurant - on the upper floor there is jazz festival coordination point and in this building after festival there will be jamm session. Your dark skin is same like entrance ticket to this place ;-) Use it and you will see ;-) You just go inside and thet's all. Everybody will be sure, that you are one of musicants from festival, because we don't have in Klaipeda African orig. You will have a lot of fun in jamm session there ;-) Ussualy it continues untill morning, so you can get to Palanga in the morning by van ;-)

• spooker's Profile Photo

by spooker Online Now Jun 1, 2006 at 8:59 PM

:D lovely

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines