Travel Answers
Pakse

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Poling's Profile Photo

How to get to Wat Phu (Champasak) and Si Phan Don from Pakse?

Laos Jan 25, 2016 at 4:58 PM

I have checked tour arranging to go there for 2 days but it is very expensive (USD300+/pax) that is quite an incredible price, from my point of view, in the standard of Laos.
      I will arrive Paske from Vientiane by sleeping bus, is that possible to get to Champasak right away?
      My plan is to stay at Champasak so that I have time to visit Wat Phu.
      The next day I want to travel to Si Phan Don, then stay at Don Khone. How to get to Don Khone from Champasak?
      From Don Khone how to go back to Pakse?

more
    • PietroTravArch's Profile Photo

9 days - From Siam Reap to Vientiane

Laos Jan 18, 2016 at 3:43 AM

Hi everyone,
      I have to plan the last part of my trip that goes trought vietnam, cambodia and at the end laos. Basically i have 9 days in this february (from the 15 to the 25 morning, I have a plane departing from there) to reach Vieantiane from Siam Reap, I know that the time is short but I have no other options.
      i'm planning something like this:
      -15: travel from Siam Reap to 4000islands (Don Khon? or is better Don Dhet) with bus
      -16: Visit of the Li Phi waterfalls in the morning (I need to hire a morotbike?) and look for a swangthaew to reach Pakse in the afternoon
      -17-18 visit pakse the Wat Phu, two days beacuse i don't know if i can really find a swangtaew in the afternoon.
      -19 bus from Pakse to Vientiane
      -20-24 Visit Vientiane and around.
      I can book a flight to Pakse but it's quite expansive and i save one day only. (or nothing because plane leave at 5)

The other option is to take a plane 156 euro, not cheap but the only way, from Siam Reap to Luang Prabang and visit Luang Prabang and Vientiane, something like
      -16-17-18-19 Luang Prabang and around (suggestions?, Vang Vieng is a worth visit?)
      -19 night/20 day Travel
      - 21-22 23 24Vientiane and around (also here suggestion?)

In the first option i see more places but i actually don't know if is worth it i spend an incredible amount of time, what do you suggest me? basically i have to choose if is better visit Pakse of Luang Prabang.

more

Near Pakse

• Thai taxi from Ubon Ratchatani airport to Pakse without changing at he border, is it possible ?

by stickmansucks Online Now May 31, 2015 at 6:38 AM

Thai taxi from Ubon Ratchatani airport to Pakse without changing at he border, is it possible ?

Hello,

Any idea is there is a way to avoid changing my taxi from airport to Pakse ? Thai can cross the border by car, so why not a taxi ?

Thank you 3

2 Answers Jun 1, 2015 at 9:41 AM
    • servieres's Profile Photo

Ubon to Phnom Penh via Pakse?

by servieres Online Now Jul 6, 2011 at 8:01 AM

I'm planning to travel from Ubon in Thailand to Phnom Penh. I have a number of questions...

1. Is it necessary to go via Pakse?

2. Does anyone have experience of travelling by bus Pakse to Phnom Penh?

3. Timetable and Bus Company info, anyone? I know it takes 12+ hours.

4. Is there an alternative overland route to Phnom Penh?

Thanks guys. Any help or advice appreciated.

4 Answers Jul 8, 2011 at 11:39 AM
    • jettelarsen's Profile Photo

VIP bus from Vientiane - Pakse?

by jettelarsen Online Now Jan 19, 2009 at 1:03 AM

Does anyone have recent experience with the VIP bus from Vientiane to Pakse?
      Are there any overnight runs and would it be possible to catch some sleep?

How was it on a scale from 1-10 where 1 is "My kindneys was shaken loose, still ...sing blood and 10 "A treat, I slept like a baby"

5 Answers Jul 3, 2009 at 5:37 AM