Pakistan

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Family hotel with reasonable price?

Lahore Feb 28, 2015 at 11:14 PM

Stay in hotel like PC is not affordable for most, so is there any family hotels with address which have reasonable charges per day?

more
    • Any Kalash festivals in May

Pakistan Mar 26, 2015 at 8:34 AM

Hi,

I am a Pakistani living here in US, I am planning to visit Pakistan with my kids in May, then to Chitral/Kalash valleys, so I want to ask the experts on the board that are there any Kalash festivals in May ?

more
    • spudiemcmurphit's Profile Photo

Transport- pakistan

Gilgit Mar 11, 2015 at 3:12 AM

So the time is getting closer to travel to pakistan (two weeks). I have all my paper work in order but unfortunately there are no tours that I can find. Does anyone know how I can get around the North west region (Gilgit and Baltistan) without a tour or if there are any other reliable tour companies besides snowland that offer tours North of Islamabad. Is there reliable, safe and cheap public transport? Your help is much appreciated.

more
    • help needed

Pakistan Mar 9, 2015 at 2:37 PM

gotta plan my honey moon .. i have first 3 weeks of April...
      Please guide me which are the most butiful and safe places of Pakistan that i can visit in April ..
      and should i contact some tour planners?
      if yes then plz guide abt the economical ones
      if no then plzzz Guide me what plan should i go for to make it the most memorable...

more
    • tabrez603's Profile Photo

Neelum Valley family tour in june/july 2015....Help needed

Pakistan Mar 27, 2015 at 2:46 AM

Dear Friends,
      Plan to visit neelum valley in june/july 2015 with family. First time tour to neelum valley. Deatils to support answers,
      -Travel from Lahore by our own convyence (toyota 4x4 double cabin & toyota gli car from lahore+honda citi car will accompany from islamabad).
      -We will be children min age 6 years and older max age 65 years.
      -Total we will be children 5 and adults 12.
      -We are budgeted traveler families and emphasis on to see more in minimum possible time and money.
      -Tour will be for 7 days. The dates will be 1 to 15 June (any week before ramadan) or 20 to 30 July(any week after ramadan)
      -We do not like luxurious stay just liveable conditions are acceptable and just basic necessaties available for stay.
      -We are bit adventurist as well can trecking 2 or 3 hours. Very active and always have time targeted sleep and wake up in tours. Not so touchi for food, whatever is available is fine.
      -We like to see Peer Chanasi, Kutton, Arang Kel as well including off course the main rout places from Panjgiran till Taobat.
      So below are some querries,
      1/ Please advise the accomodation first because it will be peack season for tourists. Where are the AJK tourism resorts and which spots have Army Guest Houses or any other departments ???
      2/ Is there hotel, motel or rest house to stay at Peer Chanasi or near, Arang Kel, Taobat and Kutton ???
      3/ What will be rates for of private hotel and i wich places avilable ???
      4/ Should we go for advance bookings and how ??? please contact numbers and addresses ???
      5/ Which places needs must stay overnight ???
      6/ What is the complete rout distance in KM ??? Lahore via GT road to Islamabad to Murree Express way to Lower Topa to Kohala to Muzafarabad to main route along with neelum river till Taobat.
      7/ Can we do some camping at any place (bathroom or toilets must be there due to family) ???
      8/ Estimated cost including night stay and basic food 3 times day (exclud travelling fuel & shopping) ???
      9/ Advise any traditional clothes shopping places for ladies, children or home decor (cheap place with variety) ???
      10/ Can we go till Kel by cars and there we got Jeep for further travel ??? Where by car travel ends ??? Is there any place to secure parking of car ???
      11/ Anything further we need to consider while travelling, please advise ???
      Friends, asking too much but please help us out as tour is with families and big number which needs little confirmed things. Thanks in advance for great help. Special request to all friends special guru's Bokhari Bhai, Imran Bhai, Besal etc etc...Thanks.
      Muhammad Tabrez Khan

more
    • Beauty of Pakistan - Need Help Planning my First Trip

Pakistan Mar 1, 2015 at 1:39 AM

Assalam-o-Alaiqum,

There seems to be quite a tourist community. Looks good. How are you all?

I've always been eager to travel and endeavored to visit far sided areas of Pakistan to experience the real beauty within Pakistan. The time has finally come, looking forward to per-plan tricky parts of the trip and get valuable advice from backpackers and natural beauty lovers.

So just a quick question, which are the most beautiful places in Pakistan? I've heard about Naran, Kaghan, Shogran, Saif-ul-Mulk, Siri, Paya, Muree, Gilgit, Swat, Abbotabad and such areas all my life.

It would be interesting to know all the best places and see if I can cover them within 9 days. I don't want to hassle too much but I'll be willing to move out of comfort zone to experience the best.

How should I be starting my trip from Karachi? Karachi to Abbotabad first and then visit nearby areas and continue to Naran and others or do you have any suggestions?

Most important question of all, I am planning to travel by first week of June and to come back right before Ramadan, at maximum a 9 days trip. Is that a good time to travel? I've heard August is more suitable with respect to prices, is it really a huge difference? It would be convenient for me to travel in first week of June though due to a number of reasons. I am good at bargaining and making deals, would it make a big difference?

Where can I find reasonable priced rooms in Naran, Kaghan and others. I'd to experience water sports and such activities if the prices are reasonable. I've heard Khanpur is good for that, is it? Which are the most reasonable places for night stay?

Should I be travelling via Train to my first destination or Daewoo? Which is more comfortable?

How would you plan this 9 day trip and what budget to forsee?

Please name any activities that I must do if I visit Naran, Kaghan, Siri, Paya, Murree, Saiful Mulk. Activities such as horse riding, water sports, extreme sports and sky diving and all, if that's available in a particular areas you know of.

Well, let me sum up this message there with thanks to all of you who are reading my message and intend to guide. Looking forward to the optimistic and interesting responses. Those were some questions on the top of my mind, many more to go. Let's start a conversation that'd help many others like me, am sure there must be many people who have visited these places before. You're lucky guys!! :)

more
    • tabrez603's Profile Photo

Neelum Valley family tour in june/july 2015....Help needed

Pakistan Mar 27, 2015 at 2:46 AM

Dear Friends,
      Plan to visit neelum valley in june/july 2015 with family. First time tour to neelum valley. Deatils to support answers,
      -Travel from Lahore by our own convyence (toyota 4x4 double cabin & toyota gli car from lahore+honda citi car will accompany from islamabad).
      -We will be children min age 6 years and older max age 65 years.
      -Total we will be children 5 and adults 12.
      -We are budgeted traveler families and emphasis on to see more in minimum possible time and money.
      -Tour will be for 7 days. The dates will be 1 to 15 June (any week before ramadan) or 20 to 30 July(any week after ramadan)
      -We do not like luxurious stay just liveable conditions are acceptable and just basic necessaties available for stay.
      -We are bit adventurist as well can trecking 2 or 3 hours. Very active and always have time targeted sleep and wake up in tours. Not so touchi for food, whatever is available is fine.
      -We like to see Peer Chanasi, Kutton, Arang Kel as well including off course the main rout places from Panjgiran till Taobat.
      So below are some querries,
      1/ Please advise the accomodation first because it will be peack season for tourists. Where are the AJK tourism resorts and which spots have Army Guest Houses or any other departments ???
      2/ Is there hotel, motel or rest house to stay at Peer Chanasi or near, Arang Kel, Taobat and Kutton ???
      3/ What will be rates for of private hotel and i wich places avilable ???
      4/ Should we go for advance bookings and how ??? please contact numbers and addresses ???
      5/ Which places needs must stay overnight ???
      6/ What is the complete rout distance in KM ??? Lahore via GT road to Islamabad to Murree Express way to Lower Topa to Kohala to Muzafarabad to main route along with neelum river till Taobat.
      7/ Can we do some camping at any place (bathroom or toilets must be there due to family) ???
      8/ Estimated cost including night stay and basic food 3 times day (exclud travelling fuel & shopping) ???
      9/ Advise any traditional clothes shopping places for ladies, children or home decor (cheap place with variety) ???
      10/ Can we go till Kel by cars and there we got Jeep for further travel ??? Where by car travel ends ??? Is there any place to secure parking of car ???
      11/ Anything further we need to consider while travelling, please advise ???
      Friends, asking too much but please help us out as tour is with families and big number which needs little confirmed things. Thanks in advance for great help. Special request to all friends special guru's Bokhari Bhai, Imran Bhai, Besal etc etc...Thanks.
      Muhammad Tabrez Khan

5 Answers Yesterday
    • Any Kalash festivals in May

Pakistan Mar 26, 2015 at 8:34 AM

Hi,

I am a Pakistani living here in US, I am planning to visit Pakistan with my kids in May, then to Chitral/Kalash valleys, so I want to ask the experts on the board that are there any Kalash festivals in May ?

3 Answers Mar 26, 2015 at 11:26 AM

Transport- pakistan

Gilgit Mar 11, 2015 at 3:12 AM

So the time is getting closer to travel to pakistan (two weeks). I have all my paper work in order but unfortunately there are no tours that I can find. Does anyone know how I can get around the North west region (Gilgit and Baltistan) without a tour or if there are any other reliable tour companies besides snowland that offer tours North of Islamabad. Is there reliable, safe and cheap public transport? Your help is much appreciated.

3 Answers 23 hours ago
    • help needed

Pakistan Mar 9, 2015 at 2:37 PM

gotta plan my honey moon .. i have first 3 weeks of April...
      Please guide me which are the most butiful and safe places of Pakistan that i can visit in April ..
      and should i contact some tour planners?
      if yes then plz guide abt the economical ones
      if no then plzzz Guide me what plan should i go for to make it the most memorable...

4 Answers Mar 26, 2015 at 5:09 AM
    • Beauty of Pakistan - Need Help Planning my First Trip

Pakistan Mar 1, 2015 at 1:39 AM

Assalam-o-Alaiqum,

There seems to be quite a tourist community. Looks good. How are you all?

I've always been eager to travel and endeavored to visit far sided areas of Pakistan to experience the real beauty within Pakistan. The time has finally come, looking forward to per-plan tricky parts of the trip and get valuable advice from backpackers and natural beauty lovers.

So just a quick question, which are the most beautiful places in Pakistan? I've heard about Naran, Kaghan, Shogran, Saif-ul-Mulk, Siri, Paya, Muree, Gilgit, Swat, Abbotabad and such areas all my life.

It would be interesting to know all the best places and see if I can cover them within 9 days. I don't want to hassle too much but I'll be willing to move out of comfort zone to experience the best.

How should I be starting my trip from Karachi? Karachi to Abbotabad first and then visit nearby areas and continue to Naran and others or do you have any suggestions?

Most important question of all, I am planning to travel by first week of June and to come back right before Ramadan, at maximum a 9 days trip. Is that a good time to travel? I've heard August is more suitable with respect to prices, is it really a huge difference? It would be convenient for me to travel in first week of June though due to a number of reasons. I am good at bargaining and making deals, would it make a big difference?

Where can I find reasonable priced rooms in Naran, Kaghan and others. I'd to experience water sports and such activities if the prices are reasonable. I've heard Khanpur is good for that, is it? Which are the most reasonable places for night stay?

Should I be travelling via Train to my first destination or Daewoo? Which is more comfortable?

How would you plan this 9 day trip and what budget to forsee?

Please name any activities that I must do if I visit Naran, Kaghan, Siri, Paya, Murree, Saiful Mulk. Activities such as horse riding, water sports, extreme sports and sky diving and all, if that's available in a particular areas you know of.

Well, let me sum up this message there with thanks to all of you who are reading my message and intend to guide. Looking forward to the optimistic and interesting responses. Those were some questions on the top of my mind, many more to go. Let's start a conversation that'd help many others like me, am sure there must be many people who have visited these places before. You're lucky guys!! :)

11 Answers Mar 15, 2015 at 1:38 PM
    • Family hotel with reasonable price?

Lahore Feb 28, 2015 at 11:14 PM

Stay in hotel like PC is not affordable for most, so is there any family hotels with address which have reasonable charges per day?

2 Answers Mar 9, 2015 at 10:41 AM
    • Visiting Chitral in winter/ February

Chitral Feb 4, 2015 at 3:04 AM

Hello,
      Me and my friends are making a plan to visit Chitral in next week. I want to ask if the weather conditions are suitable? Can we travel by a car which is not 4WD? Places to visit in Chitral? What are the views about KAFRISTAN valleys during this season? Where should we have our main stay? What is the best route? What are conditions of road and is the tunnel open or should we take the pass?
      Thanks in advance.
      Cheers!!!!

2 Answers Feb 5, 2015 at 6:40 AM
    • SITUATION AT Gujranwala

Gujranwala Feb 3, 2015 at 1:56 PM

I WOULD LIKE TO VISIT A FACTORY IN THAT AREA
      IS IT SAFE? NOT DANGERS?
      CAN YOU ADVICE MORE INFO PLEASE

5 Answers Feb 28, 2015 at 8:35 AM
    • sjumani's Profile Photo

Philippines visa application

Karachi Jan 28, 2015 at 6:35 AM

Does anyone know where to apply for Philippines visa in Karachi? They have an embassy in Islamabad but I can't find any consulate or contact in Karachi.

3 Answers Feb 1, 2015 at 6:12 AM
    • Which time is better?

Naran Jan 21, 2015 at 11:42 PM

Assalam o Alaikum guys

I have to plan a trip to northern areas with about 8-10 people for 10-12 days. My target destinations would include Murree/Nathiagali, Shogran (including Siri Paya) and Naran (including Saif-ul-Maluk, Lalazar, Babusar if possible and Dudipatsar if possible.).

I need your expert guidance whether I should visit in second half of May or second half of August which would be better considering the cost and weather?

Regards

9 Answers Feb 28, 2015 at 8:36 AM

Solo Traveller Pakistan April

Pakistan Jan 21, 2015 at 1:46 AM

Hello Fellow Travellers,

I've long sought to travel to Pakistan and I will now have the opportunity in the first two weeks of April two weeks to travel there. I have not booked flights yet as I do not know what city to fly in to (Lahore or Islamabad). I have approximately 15 days for travel. Can anyone recommend where is most scenic and safe area in Pakistan to see. I will be travelling on my own. Are public transport and the cities safe? Are there any cheap hostels/ backpackers places to stay in? I have a passion for photography and would love to see some local traditions and people as well as stunning landscapes. Your experience and advice would be much appreciated.

4 Answers Jan 25, 2015 at 6:58 AM
    • Kalash Festivals in summers

Pakistan Jan 13, 2015 at 6:28 AM

Hi,

We're 3 friends from Pakistan, living abroad, we want to visit Chitral in the upcoming summers, any Kalash festival at that time.

Thanks in advance ..

3 Answers Jan 22, 2015 at 10:12 PM
    • SarfarazA's Profile Photo

Sindh not Sind

Sind Jan 2, 2015 at 6:02 AM

Anyone, who has authority to modify the name of this province of Pakistan, which is wrongly typed here?

The actual spelling is "Sindh" not 'Sind'. Please see this citation, and do everything within your power... theguardian.com/world/2013/f...

5 Answers Jan 5, 2015 at 11:25 AM
    • solo traveller - Lahore tour

Pakistan Dec 9, 2014 at 12:02 AM

Hi,

I would like to visit Lahore in January for sightseeing.
      Has anyone any experience of trying to join a tour with other people- booking either from France or Pakistan

Many of the tour companies online offer bespoke tours with a driver rather than the option of joining a group.

Any help appreciated!

2 Answers Dec 11, 2014 at 12:14 PM
    • British Regimental Insignias

Pakistan Dec 7, 2014 at 12:26 PM

I am 77 years old I am researching my late Fathers Army Career from 1916-1942, and the names of Landi Kotal and a Fort at Ali Mosque cropped up & i read about a cemetry for British Servicemen who fell in the 2nd Afghan War but its the British Regimental Insignias on the Valley Walls i am interested in, as hearsay in my Family mentions my Grandfather serving out in that area also? I would like to know if anyone has any ideas who i can contact to see if i can get photos of the Regimental Insignias? Thanks for any advice or help i get, Yours Jeff

9 Answers Dec 9, 2014 at 7:32 AM
    • 4 days in Lahore

Lahore Dec 3, 2014 at 5:16 AM

We will be visiting Lahore 15-19th of December. Do you think that 4 full days in Lahore are too much?

If yes, can you kindly suggest any place nearby which is worth visiting. Thanks in advance

4 Answers Jan 13, 2015 at 8:27 PM
    • FouzulA's Profile Photo

need invitation letter.

Lahore Nov 25, 2014 at 2:51 PM

I am a srilankan. My name is ameen. Currently living in saudi Arabia as work. In my vacation I want to visit lahore. I went to pakistan embassy but they asking invitation letter from lahore people. So I tired to get letter. Csn you help me for invitation letter?

4 Answers Dec 7, 2014 at 8:28 AM
    • Having thoughts on travelling to Karachi

Karachi Nov 25, 2014 at 8:44 AM

Does anyone know the current situation in Karachi? Whether is it generally safe or pretty dangerous etc... Are there loads of violence on a daily basis? Help me out!

2 Answers Nov 26, 2014 at 12:31 AM
    • AliJ30's Profile Photo

Snow fall murree

Murree Nov 19, 2014 at 10:07 AM

Can any one guide me about in which mounth snow fall starts in murree

2 Answers Jan 11, 2015 at 1:20 PM
    • AliJ30's Profile Photo

murree trip in december

Murree Nov 18, 2014 at 12:55 PM

can anybody tell me about hotel rates in murree for end of december.

3 Answers Nov 18, 2014 at 9:53 PM
    • Winter Trip 7 days

Gilgit Nov 17, 2014 at 10:55 PM

I am travelling to Pakistan in mid of December and want to travel the Northern side, do you know any tour operators who can arrange trip in this winter?

Also I heard about Chomos/Chaumos festival which is usually held in mid of December.... Do any of you have idea how much it will cost for 7 days?

Your prompt replies will be highly appreciable

1 Answer Dec 7, 2014 at 8:35 AM
    • Start visting point to end?

Lahore Nov 17, 2014 at 10:38 AM

we are three friends from rawalpindi and want to visit lahore for 3 days and 2 night .Please give the suggestion where we start our tour toward end diffrent places of lahore.our start point is lahore railway station

1 Answer Nov 17, 2014 at 9:12 PM
    • Any bus service from Islamabad/Rawalpindi to naran(Kaghan) for 2nd of November.

Naran Oct 28, 2014 at 11:46 PM

I'm from Lahore and will leave for Islamabad on Saturday afternoon Nov 1st with my partner. but I can't find any local transport or bus service for Naran from Islamabad/Rawalpindi on 2nd of November. Please if anyone know of any bus service that can take us from Isb/Pindi to Naran on 2nd November please share the contact details thanks in advance .

3 Answers Dec 26, 2014 at 4:02 AM
    • Trip to Nathia Gali and Murree in December 2014

Nathia Gali Oct 24, 2014 at 2:55 PM

How long does it take from Islamabad Airport to Nathia Gali and Murree and how much do they charge for transportation?
      Average fares for hotels during December between 22nd and 25th December? Reasonable Accommodation!
      Places to visit around that area and best way of traveling as I will be with my spouse alone.

Thanks,
      Habib

1 Answer Oct 28, 2014 at 9:31 AM
    • is it possible to visit kashmir nowadays

Pakistan Oct 10, 2014 at 8:22 AM

is it possible to visit kashmir nowadays..dates preferably november 1st week

4 Answers Oct 28, 2014 at 9:28 AM
    • 3 days trip

Muzaffarabad Oct 5, 2014 at 9:05 AM

hi...i wanna know that we 3 persons are deciding to visit neelum valley..we dont have our own convenience.
      1. kindly tell me what is best route to move from Islamabad to Nellam valley

2.what is the cost of travelling

3.expense of accomodation at hotels.(average hotels)

4.we have only 3 days to visit..kindly mention the best place at neelam valley.

5.the weather conditions there,,as we are planning to visit in october..

thanks a lot..
      (quick answers will be highly appreciated)

• AliJ30's Profile Photo

Swat or naran

Pakistan Sep 29, 2014 at 7:33 AM

I am planning to visit swat and Kalam in mid of October with my family but some people told me there is no good places for visit and they suggest me to visit naran .can anyone guide me about this and how many distance swat or kalam from Lahore and how many distance Naran from Lahore

1 Answer Sep 30, 2014 at 9:39 PM
    • AliJ30's Profile Photo

swat ant kalam valley

Naran Sep 28, 2014 at 12:49 PM

i am plannig to visit swat and kalam with my family.i am going to 1st time swat and kalam.i am planing to visit in mid of october.i have no idea about weather and places ,can anyone guide me about all these things.which is best hotles with thier rates and also normal hotles

2 Answers Dec 26, 2014 at 4:03 AM
    • AliJ30's Profile Photo

malam jabba

Naran Sep 22, 2014 at 12:28 PM

where is malam jabba .how many distance from naran.is this possible from lahore visit naran to malam jabba.is this same routes

3 Answers Oct 27, 2014 at 11:11 PM
    • Outbound travel trends in Pakistan

Pakistan Sep 10, 2014 at 9:11 PM

I can't find any information for outbound travel/ tourism trends among Pakistani on the net. Anyone can help me? Thanks in advance.

2 Answers Oct 4, 2014 at 2:16 PM