Pakistan Travel Answers

change location

Daewoo bus schedule

by nosy_robot Online Now Oct 9, 2005 at 12:08 AM

Asalam u alikum and Ramadan Karim!

I am Chinese and I am going to Pakistan at the end of October to meet some friends. They are located in Rawalpindi-Islamabad, Abbottabad and Lahore, and my flight will arrive at Islamabad airport. I was told by my friends that the best and cost-efficient way to go from Rawalpindi to Abbottabad and Lahore is by Daewoo bus. I have tried to do a search on Google and Yahoo for information on the bus schedules but no luck so far.

I know it is Ramadan there and as I am travelling there near the Eid, there will be a big crowd and I need to reserve my seat well in advance. I will greatly appreciate anyone's help in providing any information on the bus schedules and the fares for my intended trip from Rawalpindi to Abbottabad and from Rawalpindi to Lahore.

Thanks very much in advance to anyone who can help me.

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • guiguette's Profile Photo

RE: Daewoo bus schedule

by guiguette Online Now Oct 9, 2005 at 12:48 AM

well i won't be much help, but that's a start : rawalpindi-lahore is 500 roupies. and i found the service the really good. for the rest, you'll need someone else, sorry :(

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: RE: Daewoo bus schedule

by nosy_robot Online Now Oct 9, 2005 at 2:00 AM

Thank you, Mr. T and Ms G. I will try. It can be frustrating to wait for information to finalise my travel plans. :)

• besal's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Daewoo bus schedule

by besal Online Now Oct 9, 2005 at 5:43 AM

Daewo has a vast netwrok in Pujab from Multan to RWP/ISB to Muree. I think they also have a service to Peshawer as well. Buses depart every hour or so for the main cities such as RWP/LHR/MUL, and you should be able to book your seats usually the same day, or 1 day in advance. They even have night services but not that frequent. When ever you arrive, call there office and make your booking.

• ifam's Profile Photo

RE: Daewoo bus schedule

by ifam Online Now Oct 11, 2005 at 7:37 AM

w salam.well, luckily i still remember some details about my travel there last september.u should first get to rawalpindi daewoo bus centre, get a cab from rawalpindi to this bus station for only less than 100 rupees( bout 80 to 100). then for the fares, from rawalpindi to abbottabad is only about 140 rupees ( or was it 130 rupees). fares from rawalpindi to Lahore is about 400 rupees.the security is also good.they serve light snacks on board and the service is very good.

Bus schedule is so frequent from rawalpindi to abbottabad, about 1 to 2 hours intervals, but if u hv specific time, u can go and book in advance. If u are coming back from abbottabad to rawalpindi then u shd note their earliest morning trip.If u miss the 9 30 am, u hv to wait for 11 30am, means bout 2 hours gap.If u are going to mansera, u hav to get d van service, bout rupees 30 perperson in a 12 to 14 passenger van. hv a pleasant trip.

• ifam's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Daewoo bus schedule

by ifam Online Now Oct 11, 2005 at 7:40 AM

oopss...sorry..also schedule is very frequent from rawalpindi to lahore,bout every one hour or so, jus that u hv to plan when u wana travel and should go early to d station to get d ticket bcoz so many people travelling to lahore.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Pakistan Travel Answer Locations