Paihia Travel Answers

change location
Shade420's Profile Photo

Paihia for New Years 2005

by Shade420 Online Now Oct 6, 2004 at 10:04 PM

I am going to be traveling in New Zealand during New Years and had heard Paihia was a good place to be. I found out about a concert held at Haruru falls each year but can not find anything about this coming new years. Could anyone tell me if it is still on for this year (sponsered by Export Gold i think) and where to find it. If not can anyone tell me if anything is happening in Paihia or where a better place for New Years would be. Thank you very much. I would appriciate any help i can get.

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • Re: Paihia for New Years 2005

by Kerikiwi Online Now Oct 7, 2004 at 11:49 PM

Kia ora Paihia is always packed over New year, and as far as I know, Haruru Falls is going to be happening again. It has been a great event since it started a few years back, and the location is perfect:. Shuttle buses are provided from Paihia to Haruru, and from Kerikeri.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer

by bike05 Online Now Oct 23, 2004 at 12:14 AM

Hi I am looking for the same event. Would you mind let me know if you got some info. Cheers Hormoz

by Natalie_nz01 Online Now Dec 21, 2004 at 12:57 AM

Hi, There's usually a New Year's Party up at Hururu Falls, Paihia (went there last year it was really awesome) but this year I think its at a different location Twin Pines, Paihia and it's called the Summer St Festival - New Years Eve 04/05 Party.60. Main Line up is The Feelers, Opshop, The Have, Evermore and heaps more bands. I think theres free overnight camping (there was last year). See www.ticketek.co.nz and click 31st Dec on the calender (bottom right hand corner of the page) for more details. Hope this helps ya. Have a great new year. Natalie

by Fi123 Online Now Oct 21, 2007 at 5:29 PM

Hi There!

Is the Haruru Falls concert normally an r18 event.
    Cant seem to find anything about it, but have heard it was one REAL good New Years event last year!
    Would be good if you could get back to me.Thanks :)
    Fi

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines