Pai

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Hotel Name?

Phuket 23 hours ago

Can someone help me in finding out the name of this hotel? All I know is that it's in Phuket. Thanks.

more
    • phumecarol's Profile Photo

brazilian, malaysian hair

Thailand May 27, 2015 at 4:12 AM

hi everyone
      I am travelling to Phuket tomorrow, does anyone know where I can get weave ie Brazilian hair or Malaysian in Phuket? I will not be travelling to Bangkok unfortunately.
      your assistance will be highly appreciated

more
    • Elephant trekking on Phuket?

Phuket May 23, 2015 at 11:08 PM

Hi guys. Is "Phuket Elephant Trails" a good choice to do Elephant trekking on Phuket?

more
    • Money exchange in Koh Samet in Thailand

Ko Samet Yesterday

Can you change money there? Or do i take cash with me? Are there any bank automats?

more
    • how to plan my trip to phuket

Bangkok May 31, 2015 at 7:38 AM

I intend to visit Bangkok, Phuket and Karabi. I am planning my trip from 14th Aug to 21 Aug'15 from New Delhi, India.
      Please suggest me about the weather conditions at this time in Phuket etc. Is it the right time to visit. Which flights should I take from Delhi. Where to stay in Bangkok and Phuket. Please, suggest itinerary which will be most economical. Thanks.

more
    • Which western Gulf coast island?!

Thailand May 30, 2015 at 9:04 PM

We want to spend 4-5 days on one of the islands on the western Gulf Coast in late June. We'll be coming from Railay/ Krabi. I can't decide which island to go to -Ko Samui, Lo Phanghan, or Ko Tao. We are not scuba divers, but we like to snorkel. We don't want to heavy party scene of the full-moon party. (It seems like that's all any guide book mentions about Ko Phanghan. Are there nice beaches and towns there?) We would prefer a mellow scene with cool places to visit and a bungalow, rather than high rise resorts. Which island should we go to? Any recommendations for June? Also, what't eh best way to get there from Krabi at that time of the year. Thanks.

more
    • Phuket to Phang Nga to Railay

Krabi May 20, 2015 at 9:30 PM

Im in Phuket, I need to night stay at Phang Nga, have a photo shoot at James Bond Beach and then move to Railay. I just have 2 days to do that all. Please suggest about the transportation and Hotels.

more
    • chumphon at $am

Chumphon May 8, 2015 at 5:35 AM

Hi we want to take the night train from Bangkok to Chumphon and then the early ferry to Koh Tao. The train arrives in Chumphon at 4am and ferry oly leaves at 7 am. what can one do in the mean time, are there still restaurants/bars open and which are recommendable?

more
    • taxi fare to go swiss sheep farm+santorini park + plearn wan from hua hin

Hua Hin May 4, 2015 at 8:57 PM

hi would like to know how much taxi fare to go swiss sheep farm+santorini park + plearn wan from hua hin.

more
    • Jim Thompson SHIRTS

Bangkok 5 hours ago

Where can I buy Jim Thompson shirts? I need them to be shipped to Dubai - UAE. I have sent email directly to Jim Thompson company and no response as yet. Please let me know asap. Thank you.

more
    • Drayman151's Profile Photo

Accommodation Please !

Phuket May 31, 2015 at 11:53 AM

Please can anyone give us some advice on where to stay in January 2016 were looking for a good clean and nice place Not to Expensive please thanks

more
    • Planning a trip to Phuket

Phuket May 28, 2015 at 2:10 AM

Does anyone own a house they like to rent for a couple of weeks in Phuket? I am planning to visit between July 17th to August 10, 2015. Looking for a villa for husband and wife and two kids ages 12 and 14 years old. Prefer close to Patong by car 10-15 mins is doable. Anyone can recommend a car with a driver for the time period. Let me know. Regards/Happy

more
    • ulm168's Profile Photo

How to get to Samui from Phuket in One Piece

Ko Samui May 26, 2015 at 10:47 AM

Hello fellow VTers and thank you so much to Samui forum contributors davidjo, ossiecass, jamiesamui, erwinkoo, pfsmalo, popi (greekcypriot) whose answers to FAQs in the forum have been very helpful as I plan this holiday to South Thailand.

I booked a night's bed at Phuket Airport Residence early June. I notice the Airport Shuttle Bus to HKT town starts at 9AM while the Lomprayah Bus to Surat Thani (with connection to Samui on its fast boat) leaves their Phuket town office at 10am.

The best advise i gathered is to just head for Phuket Bus Terminal to have flexibility in travel arrangements.

The last ferry boat to Samui leaves 6-7pm, from what I have gathered in the forum.

Lomprayah quotes THB 1,300 for the HKT-SAMUI transfer, which I believe is not too bad. If HKT town is worth visiting, maybe I should be staying one night at least before heading for Samui? I manage 11 days.

Or maybe I should take advantage of the free bicycles at the Phuket Airport Residence to visit the town and find Lomprayah by bike to book my ticket for the transfer to Samui?

Any travel tips from those who have been there?

Really appreciate VT's service and hope to find friends in this forum too.
      I will pay forward the travel tips I get by writing about this experience and contribute
      my two cents worth of tips after my travel.

Mart (ulm168)

more
    • Ferry & Speed boats

Phuket May 21, 2015 at 1:21 AM

How is the sea in the month of July? Is operation of ferry and speed boats remain normal or completely stopped?

more
    • Car Hire or Taxi Service in Loei.

Loei May 19, 2015 at 3:37 AM

I am planning to fly into Loei at the end of June and I am wondering if there is a car hire or taxi service in Loei?
      I am travelling 50km north east of Loei on the road to Pak Chom to a village called Chom Charoen.

more
    • sheherezad's Profile Photo

Weather in June

Hua Hin Yesterday

Does it tend to be wet or dry over the first few weeks of June? Is Hua Hin affected by the NE or SW Monsoon? Appreciate any other weather-related advice e.g heat and humidity at this time of year. Thank you.

more
    • paddington28's Profile Photo

Internal flights

Thailand May 30, 2015 at 12:28 PM

Looking at flights for my Brother to Thailand,(last minute) looking at internal flights from the new airport or don muang,can anyone give the names of small carriers that may fly to Samui,i thought nok air did,but they dont!
      Many Thanks,

more
    • How much time do I need in Suvarnabhumi for a domestic flight transition?

Bangkok May 28, 2015 at 11:23 AM

Hello Friends,
      I'm planning to fly from Koh Samui to Chiang Mai with Bangkok Airways. There will be one stop in BKK. Then, I'll continue with the same company to Chiang Mai. How much time do I need to have in BKK for transition to catch the flight to Chiang Mai? And does the company transfer my luggage to the second flight or shoul I take & transfer it?
      Thanks

more
    • Is chatuchak market open everyday ?

Bangkok May 5, 2015 at 5:18 AM

I wanted to know if chatuchak is open all the days (Mon-Sun) . As I'm reaching Bangkok on this Monday and I don't wanna miss that market . Thanks

more
    • lawrenang's Profile Photo

Convert V8 to CD

Bangkok May 31, 2015 at 8:12 AM

Is there any shop that i can convert V8 to CD in Bangkok?

more
    • Why is this located in ''things to do

Pattaya May 19, 2015 at 4:49 AM

The Colonial Apartments, Pattaya
      1 Reviews

273/98 Moo 10, Soi 17 Pattaya, Chonburi 20260

more
    • stamoz's Profile Photo

going to Khao Yai

Thailand May 6, 2015 at 8:36 PM

Hi everyone,

I kindly want to confirm the following:

I heard it's possible to get to Khao Yai from Bangkok by taking a van departing from Victory monument. Is it also possible to head back to Bkk from Khao Yai? Or do I have to get first to Pak Chong from KY and then from there a bus all the way to Bangkok? Thanks

more
    • ulm168's Profile Photo

Phuket to Samui

Phuket May 23, 2015 at 8:42 AM

Got 10 days in South Thailand. Booked a flight to Phuket for 2nd week of June. Any suggestions where
      I should spend my time ? Thought of visiting Samui. Was told Phuket is not nice and Samui is better. May have to spend the night in Phuket before taking a bus then a boat to Samui. Any good advice? Many thanks!

more
    • pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo

Second hand record stores in Bangkok

Bangkok May 5, 2015 at 11:28 AM

Can anybody confirm there still are second hand record stores in operation at Charoen Krung Soi 9 and Soi 11
      (for what I see these are smaller shopping streets perpendicular to the Charoen Krung Road).

Thanks in advance,

PJ

more
    • Krabi monsoon season

Krabi May 4, 2015 at 3:39 AM

I will be travelling to Krabi in the early June. Will it be a good idea? Because I heard the monsoon season period is from may-Dec!

more
    • Smaney5's Profile Photo

Cheapest visa run from PAI

by Smaney5 Online Now Apr 23, 2015 at 9:53 AM

What is the cheapest option for a visa run from PAI? Tia

2 Answers Apr 23, 2015 at 2:30 PM
    • Drop in Yoga class in Pai

by NatS87 Online Now Jul 17, 2014 at 10:20 AM

Hi,
      Im in Pai a little over a week and was hoping to find a drop in class every day...any suggestions? Thanks

1 Answer Jul 17, 2014 at 3:57 PM
    • Looking for a driver...

by India97 Online Now Jan 2, 2012 at 5:12 AM

Hallo I wonth to reach Ko Kong from Pai to the Laos border and do the 2 days croucer for Luang Prabang.Aya service does that but the program is terribol for me:leaving at 8,30pm travelling in night time drop at 2 am in Ko Kong....So I'm looking for a driver that from Pai could drop me there at a resonable price.Anybodhy knows?Thanks Fausta

• How to get to Hotspring from Pai?

by semplice Online Now Aug 22, 2011 at 2:23 AM

I'm going to enjoy the hotspring in Pai.

But how to get there? I heared it's 8 km from the town. I can't ride a motorbike. Is that any bus to get there?

Thank you!

3 Answers Nov 8, 2011 at 1:38 AM
    • Melanie_Putra's Profile Photo

Night Dip at Hot Spring?

by Melanie_Putra Online Now Aug 21, 2011 at 10:25 PM

Hi!

I read from someone's blog that they went for a night dip at the hot spring near the town. Would anyone know which one is this? Is it safe? Easily accessible? We have a car. But wondering how illuminated is the pathway from the car park to the hotspring?

Mel

2 Answers Aug 22, 2011 at 4:21 PM
    • Melanie_Putra's Profile Photo

Laundromat In Pai

by Melanie_Putra Online Now Aug 21, 2011 at 9:53 PM

Hi!

Will be staying at The Quarters, Pai. Wondering where to find laundromat in Pai? We have car so distance is not really an issue but we would like to find a self service or 'drop off' laundromat which has quick service and doesn't charge hotel pricing.

Thanks,
      Mel

3 Answers Aug 22, 2011 at 12:38 PM
    • bill9786's Profile Photo

Hire bike with guide

by bill9786 Online Now Jun 20, 2009 at 4:14 AM

I'd like to know if I can hire a bike with a guide/rider instead of riding myself.
      In Vietnam this is common practice as foreigners can't rent vehicles there. Or can I get a taxi to go out of town? I want to do some volunteering or donating to rural schools.
      thanks

2 Answers Jun 26, 2009 at 5:14 AM
    • stamoz's Profile Photo

visa run

by stamoz Online Now Jul 26, 2008 at 10:45 AM

hello everyone,

i'll be in Pai next january and i wanna know if it's possible to do a 'visa run' to Mae Hong Son at the border with Burma. I issue thai visa for 60 days but in the airport the immigration only stamps for 30; since I heard some foreigners do this process to get another stamp for an extra 30 days that's why i wanna be sure this can be done if i try , thanks

3 Answers Jan 23, 2009 at 3:58 AM
    • dakgrl's Profile Photo

drugs

by dakgrl Online Now Jun 10, 2008 at 4:08 AM

Is there a big drug problem in Pai? Is it true they do random drug tests on tourists? Would like to know the crowd/atmosphere before i go.

Thanks!

4 Answers Jul 4, 2008 at 9:18 AM
    • dakgrl's Profile Photo

Lisu hilltribe

by dakgrl Online Now May 27, 2008 at 8:06 AM

Is anyone familiar w/ the Lisu hilltribe homestay in Sappong/Nong Tong- outside of Pai? They have a website, but id like to know if it is a reputable/ legitimate company. Thanks!!

• dakgrl's Profile Photo

treks

by dakgrl Online Now May 9, 2008 at 9:11 AM

Looking to do a trek-hilltribes/elephants. Better to book one out of chiang mai, or in Pai? looking for one more authentic- where preferably can interact w/ hilltribes-or get true sence of culture.
      If time is limited- should i stay in chiang mai and do a trek to Pai, or just also stay in Pai?
      Thanks.

1 Answer May 14, 2008 at 6:18 PM
    • dassi's Profile Photo

Visit to Pai.

by dassi Online Now Aug 27, 2007 at 11:30 AM

Hello all.
      Pai looks like a great plaace to visit .is october a good time to do so ? Can I rent a scooter there and is that a good idea?
      Would even like to stay there for a week or 2.
      Greetings
      Bragi

3 Answers Sep 3, 2007 at 5:37 PM
    • Central Accomm in Pai?

by Jacquie23 Online Now Nov 9, 2006 at 12:30 PM

We would like to be centrally located to walk to restaurants. Maximum walk about 10 minutes from bus station. Nice garden setting. Shaded area outside. Covered deck attached to bungalow. Attached shower/toilet. We are going there to relax, so the accommodation and a nice yard - especially a tropical shaded area is important. Price 200B - 300B Thank you! JT

2 Answers Nov 10, 2006 at 12:12 PM
    • fandonie's Profile Photo

from pai to chiang rai

by fandonie Online Now Nov 1, 2006 at 10:01 PM

Hello***
      what is the easiest way to travel from pai to chiang rai?
      want to go to laos and try to avoid to go back to chiang mai..
      thanks for ur help!!!

5 Answers Nov 14, 2006 at 1:20 AM
    • babybuddha's Profile Photo

Is the Yawning fields guest house still in business ?

by babybuddha Online Now Nov 1, 2006 at 4:52 PM

Is the Yawning fields guest house still in business ?

i loved staying there for a month 2 years ago,
      I'm on my way out again
      any one know ?

3 Answers May 31, 2011 at 6:43 PM
    • Laluna01's Profile Photo

Budget accommodation in Pai

by Laluna01 Online Now Jul 1, 2006 at 5:14 AM

Hi,

I planned to stay in Pai a couple week. Anyone have any suggestion of budget bungalows to stay? Around 100 ? 200 ฿ possible? Is it still risk for the flood? How about the weather there for July ?August?

Thank in advance for advice.

2 Answers Nov 9, 2006 at 12:24 PM
    • sezabell's Profile Photo

river park 'darling' bungalows

by sezabell Online Now Nov 15, 2005 at 4:40 PM

does any body know how Annie is from the river park bungalows is after the floods in october and if her place is still there.

4 Answers Nov 11, 2006 at 12:55 AM
    • Accomodation in Pai

by tbkiang Online Now Jul 7, 2005 at 9:44 AM

Hi, I am planning 2 days 1 night in Pai during my Chiang Mai trip this month.
      Anyone have any suggestion of hotel/resort to stay?
      Should I book in advance and who should I book through so needed to?

1 Answer Jul 29, 2005 at 12:19 AM