Pai Travel Answers

change location
stamoz's Profile Photo

visa run

by stamoz Online Now Jul 26, 2008 at 10:45 AM

hello everyone,

i'll be in Pai next january and i wanna know if it's possible to do a 'visa run' to Mae Hong Son at the border with Burma. I issue thai visa for 60 days but in the airport the immigration only stamps for 30; since I heard some foreigners do this process to get another stamp for an extra 30 days that's why i wanna be sure this can be done if i try , thanks

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • mim95's Profile Photo

Re: visa run

by mim95 Online Now Jul 27, 2008 at 3:00 AM

Unless you apply for a 60-day visa outside of Thailand, you'll only get a 30-day stamp at the airport. You can do a visa run at Mae Sai in Chiang Rai province, or Mae Sot, south of Mae Hong Song. Either way is a long journey and the border is subject to close dependant on the relationship between Thailand and Burma.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Mique's Profile Photo

by Mique Online Now Jan 21, 2009 at 10:52 PM

I ran into some people who say that nowadays you'll only get a 15-day visa if you come overland into Thailand. This was during the Christmas season. So maybe someone has more up-to-date info

• mim95's Profile Photo

by mim95 Online Now Jan 23, 2009 at 3:58 AM

That is very true. If you are coming overland from any of the bordering countries, you'll get only 15 days. But if you are flying in from the bordering countries, you'll still get 30 days.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines