Pai Travel Answers

change location

Central Accomm in Pai?

by Jacquie23 Online Now Nov 9, 2006 at 12:30 PM

We would like to be centrally located to walk to restaurants. Maximum walk about 10 minutes from bus station. Nice garden setting. Shaded area outside. Covered deck attached to bungalow. Attached shower/toilet. We are going there to relax, so the accommodation and a nice yard - especially a tropical shaded area is important. Price 200B - 300B Thank you! JT

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • SKYE24's Profile Photo

RE: Central Accomm in Pai?

by SKYE24 Online Now Nov 9, 2006 at 5:50 PM

Another thing to add to your criteria, is distance from the nearest yard with roosters!! Pai is lovely, but I have memories of being woken at 4am by a pack of roosters crowing!
    It's very easy to find bungalows in Pai with lovely gardens. Pai is small, so nearly anywhere is probably within 10 minutes of the bus station (well, the car park where they stop).
    I'm afraid I can't remember the name of the places I went, but you'll have a great time.
    Make sure you get up to the public swimming pool there. It's fun to hire a tandem bike and ride around, or hire motor bikes and dine at Cafe Del Dar.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: RE: Central Accomm in Pai?

by Jacquie23 Online Now Nov 10, 2006 at 12:12 PM

Thanks Sky, Yes, you're right. The rooster criteria is important. I've been in those situations before, and having become an insomniac (like my mom), we sure don't need that. I Lao, I couldn't figure out why the roosters would crow at strange hours. 11:30p.m., 1:00a.m., various times like that. The Full Moon I discovered was one reason. We can't drive motorbikes and my mom will be 91, so cycling is out of the question. We're on foot, so I don't want to walk more than 10 minutes with our backpacks. Cheers! "We've got Sticky Pai too! HA! JT

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines