Page

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• April 2015

Grand Canyon National Park Dec 23, 2014 at 1:22 AM

I would appreciate some advice. In April we are doing an LA road trip and this will include a visit to Vegas and the Grand Canyon. Our plan is to drive to the GC from Vegas and stay one night before heading back to LA via Phoenix. Can you advice what is the best Rim for us to visit at the Canyon and will one night be enough time or should we allow 2 taking into account the drive from Vegas. Also can you recommend accommodation.

more
    • things to do

Flagstaff Dec 8, 2014 at 11:48 AM

What is there to do in the winter? We'll be there christmas week.

more
    • gogaPutnica's Profile Photo

Tucson by bike

Tucson Dec 22, 2014 at 1:34 PM

Hi, I'm a single mom with 9y.o. son, we are from Europe. We'll be in Tucson for a week in April 2015. We'll have to connect Roadrunner hostel with: Hilton el con (Oro valley) - conference, and museums (desert, Pima air&space), and Flandrau observatory.
      As I prefer bike rental instead of car, my question is: are these routes feasible by bike? I like biking, I adore it. Thank you all in advance! Bye

more
    • wheretonext...'s Profile Photo

Pro Bowl Newbies

Phoenix Dec 11, 2014 at 2:39 PM

We will be coming to Phoenix for the Pro Bowl from Texas.
      Yes, we know it is in Glendale, however, having NEVER BEEN to any part of Arizona to vacation, I am needing to know:

What is the best area of Phoenix to stay in… Downtown Phoenix, or Midtown area or …
      We are looking to book hotels and would like to be able to do a bit of walking to dinner and such too!..
      2 couples, "young at heart"….

Thanks a bunch,
      whereonext…

more
    • Christmas Dinner

Flagstaff Dec 15, 2014 at 2:26 PM

Where can we order a Christmas dinner for takeout while we are there at christmas?

more
    • Travel from Tucson to Yuma To SanDiego on I-10 & I-8

Tucson Dec 3, 2014 at 9:17 AM

Need to know what precaution to take while driving on this road for my trip to Yuma and San Diego? Any Cell Phone reception duting the trip? Any robberies? Never been to this part of the country. Any Gas Station?? What precaution to take while driving? Day trip or night recommended??

more
    • camping on the lake

by FrankG24 Online Now May 2, 2014 at 6:35 AM

can i rent a small boat and camp anywhere along lake powell and explore on my own, or do i have to camp in designated areas?

2 Answers Jun 3, 2014 at 3:48 PM
    • kbl's Profile Photo

Transportation towards Page and the Antelope Canyons

by kbl Online Now Feb 2, 2014 at 7:18 AM

Hi -

Wat is best: to fly into Flagstaff or to fly into Las Vegas, to rent a car and visit Page and the Antelope Canyons. Or are there other options that make a short trip here easier?

thanks!

K.

2 Answers Feb 2, 2014 at 7:56 AM
    • MTBManiac's Profile Photo

US 89 Landslide

by MTBManiac Online Now Aug 19, 2013 at 10:24 AM

azdot.gov/projects/north-cen...

What is the best alternative way from Page, AZ to Grand Canyon Village due to the closure of US 89? What about the Indn 20 Route east of it?

I will be in AZ in spring 2014.

3 Answers Aug 19, 2013 at 11:23 AM
    • 9tigers's Profile Photo

when is the best time to visit page, AZ to do the tour of Antelope Canyon?

by 9tigers Online Now Jun 18, 2013 at 1:23 PM

and I read somewhere if I know where the head of the tour is I can drive over there and park there and then hire a guide right? where exactly is the parking lot? how to get there?
      also what time of the day is the best, I am planning to go in oct not too hot and not cold, last time we went to lake powell for the boat tour it was nov or so

13 Answers Jun 19, 2013 at 3:17 PM
    • boyfromoz's Profile Photo

Tours in the Page area

by boyfromoz Online Now Jan 27, 2012 at 2:37 PM

My wife and I will be in the Page area around midday and would like to see Antelope Canyon, Horseshoe bend and Lake Powell. Is it better to pre-organise a tour of them or would it be easy enough to do ourselves in our hired car. Any suggestions of tours (if needed) would be appreciated.
      We would like stay the night in the area and need to head off for Bryce early next morning. What is the best area to stay? Accomodation recommendations would be appreciated.

2 Answers Feb 21, 2012 at 4:29 AM
    • Oscar_Nonis's Profile Photo

Visiting Antelope Canyon

by Oscar_Nonis Online Now Dec 18, 2011 at 10:01 PM

Hello VTers,

I'm visiting Antelope Canyon for the first time on 22st December.

This is specially for fun and take photographs. Any tips are appreciated.

Hope to meet some VTers if possible

2 Answers Dec 19, 2011 at 1:55 PM
    • gapiffy's Profile Photo

antelope canyon in December

by gapiffy Online Now Sep 4, 2011 at 11:22 PM

would love to go to antelope canyon -- but i think i read somewhere that it is not much use going in winter because you don't get the light into it to take those great photos!-- we be going from gc to mon.v and thought we might go via page for the night to see them - i would love some opinions on whether it is worth the detour -- will go directly to mv otherwise. thanks

7 Answers Sep 9, 2011 at 11:05 PM
    • what?

by marciafez Online Now Apr 1, 2010 at 3:44 PM

What's the deal with the snarky comment under "tip about page? I was looking for info on Lake Powell Suites! Having trouble finding a really nice review on ANY hotels near Page!

4 Answers Apr 1, 2010 at 11:57 PM
    • michael89's Profile Photo

Coyotte Buttes/The Wave

by michael89 Online Now May 15, 2009 at 4:57 AM

I was planning this stop on my trip but I've seen that this place is highly restricted (10 visitors/day). Should I plan it anayway and take the chance that I get the permit or not? Also if I was to get the permit how easy is it to trek to The Wave (I read that there was no indicated trail to get there). This place look fabulous and I wouldn't want to miss it but I think it would be more disapointing to plan it and not being able to get there. I hope some of you can help me.

1 Answer May 23, 2009 at 4:56 PM
    • SandiM's Profile Photo

Antelope Canyon--2009 information

by SandiM Online Now Apr 21, 2009 at 12:45 PM

I will be in Page next week and want to visit Antelope Canyon. I visited in 2005 want to do it all over again with the proper camera! I seem to recall my mother and I simply drove southeast along Hwy 98 and pulled off the road into a parking lot. There, we paid20 and got loaded onto a flatbed truck by the guides and toted out to the canyon proper. There were no advance reservations etc etc. Is this still the same? I see that there are numerous websites saying that you need a guide and reservations etc etc, so what would happen if we once again simply drove off the road into the parking lot? Also, I wanted to do Water Holes Canyon in the same day--too much hassle? do I need a guide or is there a place to simply drive off the road, park, pay a fee and then see the Canyon? If so, can someone give me directions and I'll map it. Thanks!

5 Answers May 23, 2009 at 8:52 PM
    • A day at Page

by LeonEting Online Now Jun 18, 2008 at 5:45 AM

Hi all,
      I will be travelling with my daughter in July from Las Vegas to Zion, Bryce and the North Rim. Thought of spending a day at Page. What would be the "Best" thing to do at Page?
      Thanks,
      Leon

5 Answers Jul 11, 2008 at 1:55 PM
    • Help needed with hotels in Page, Az

by wderekjones Online Now Mar 8, 2008 at 9:36 AM

My wife and I will be in Page, Az in August 2008. A lot of hotels are sold out and we are considering staying at either the Quality hotel, or the Super 8 motel.

We've looked at some internet reviews, but most seem to have been written a while ago.

Does anyone have recent experience of staying at either of these motels?

Many thanks.

Derek

4 Answers Mar 11, 2008 at 12:47 PM
    • MariusG's Profile Photo

Page attractions

by MariusG Online Now Jun 2, 2006 at 2:55 AM

Greetings,
      I will be visiting Page area in about a week from now and I would appreciate some advises from you, fellow VTs:
      1. Can you recommend a local tour company for visiting the Antelope Canyon?
      2. I was told that Antelope Canyon is very crowded at noon and for appreciating the full beauty of such places, Canyon X should be preferred; is it true or just yet another marketing tale?
      3. For visiting the Rainbow Bridge, a reservation is essential or can it be done on spot - the same day or a day before? Any recommendations regarding the cruise and the last mile walk?
      4. Any other recommendations about Page area?
      Thank you,
      Marius

1 Answer Jun 2, 2006 at 7:35 AM
    • Horseshoe Bend

by helleborine Online Now Feb 9, 2006 at 7:29 PM

Not really a question!

I've just created a webpage with my photographs of Horseshoe Bend near Page, Arizona.

Horseshoe Bend

I am not sure if the link will work...

1 Answer Feb 9, 2006 at 7:30 PM
    • Antelope Canyon or Lake Powell

by galge Online Now Jul 12, 2005 at 7:32 AM

Thank you so much for your very helpful responses to previous question.

Since it doesn't seem that I can do Lake Powell and Antelope Canyon in combination (we won't get to Page until 5:00 pm and leave early next morning for raft trip), should I do a boat tour on Lake Powell or the jeep tour to Antelope Canyon. Would it be cooler on the water? The temps are suppose to be over 100 when we are there.

Thanks,

Gayle

1 Answer Jul 17, 2005 at 6:49 AM
    • Antelope Canyon Waterside

by galge Online Now Jul 11, 2005 at 1:26 PM

Has anyone toured Antelope Canyon from the waterside? Lake Powell Resort offers a boat tour of Antelope Canyon. Everything I have read about the canyon, talks about walking into it. I cannot find anything about seeing it from the water.

I'd like to know whether the boat tour will be sufficient for seeing the canyon. That way, I could see Lake Powell and the canyon in one trip.

Thanks,

Gayle

8 Answers Sep 18, 2005 at 3:47 AM
    • LV->GC->Zion->Bryce->LV

by sundarvk Online Now Apr 19, 2005 at 1:45 PM

All,

Posting it to the correct forum. Already posted in Las Vegas forum.

I am planning a trip towards memorial day with my wife and daughter. I wanted primarily to cover Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, Zion and Bryce. I am going to Zion from Grand Canyon via Page/kanab. I am going for 9 days with 3 days in Vegas.

This is a mere sight-seeing trip and no hiking/trekking.

Questions:
      - Is staying in Page for a day is enough to cover Rainbow Bridge and Glen Canyon.
      - Is there any other park nearby that I could cover
      - For Zion, which is the best place to stay?
      - For Bryce Canyon, Which is the best place to stay

Sorry for plethora of questions...Would appreciate any response.

Thanks
      Sundar

2 Answers Apr 22, 2005 at 2:45 PM
    • Diner Cruises ?

by bigsur1997 Online Now Apr 5, 2005 at 2:42 AM

Hi folks,

planning my trip to Page in Septmeber I want to know something about the Diner Cruise on Lake Powell. Is it worth do cruise and dine ?

Thanks to all VT members in Page, Arizona

Gerhard
      from Germany

1 Answer Jul 12, 2005 at 7:37 AM