change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Ideas for something special to do for a birthday in Venice

Venice Apr 15, 2015 at 1:23 PM

Hi,
      Just posted my first question but can't see that it has registered so I'll try again.

I had planned to take my partner on a helicopter flight over Venice for his birthday next Wednesday but didn't get a reply to 3 emails to Heliair, based at the Lido airport. No answers to phone calls at their Lido office either. Eventually got a number via the hotel concierge where we are due to stay. only to call and be told they are not running helicopter trips this year due to a 'family catastrophe'. So my plan has fallen apart - though of course I am sorry for the family catastrophe. So with less than a week to go I am looking for something interesting, unusual or special to do for him. I plan to take him for cocktails on the terrace of the Gritti Palace hotel in the afternoon so can still do that but
      ANY other suggestions would be welcome.
      Thanks
      Debra

more
    • John3554's Profile Photo

Traveling between Venice and Florence

Venice Apr 12, 2015 at 4:46 PM

I have several questions in preparation for my upcoming trip to Italy.
      We land at Marco Polo airport. What is easiest way to get to the Ghetto district, where are apartment is?
      After a week, we plan to take train from Venice (Santa Lucia station?) to Florence. Then returning to Marco Polo airport a week later for trip back to Canada. Looks to me like I should take train from Florence to Venice Mestre station and then a shuttle bus to airport. I'd appreciate any words of wisdom regarding these travel plans, thank you

more
    • how to get bus from the airport to padova

Venice Apr 8, 2015 at 12:23 PM

i need help there are many bus ,,but where is it outside the airport

more
    • Vogalonga and Itinerary questions

Venice Apr 7, 2015 at 3:24 PM

I am traveling to Venice with my mother by train Saturday mid morning or early afternoon on Saturday, May 23. We are leaving Venice by plane on Tuesday, May 26 at 1 in the afternoon, so we have 2 full days and a half day. I'm hoping for some advice or thoughts on my itinerary. I found out after we booked that the Vogalonga is on Sunday.

Saturday: Get familiar with Venice, probably do the vaporetto on the Grand Canal and see some of Venice in the evening after the tourists are gone by Piazza San Marco. Our hotel is by Rialto bridge/San Marco area.

Sunday/Monday: Vogalonga is from 9 am to about 3 pm, but I don't know that my mother and I will want to watch the whole thing. I've read from previous years that I should watch the start, and maybe around 11 or noon move to a different location to see them coming back around to the end. I've read up already on a few good viewing places such as Cannaregio, Campo San Vio or the Dogana. I imagine we'd want to watch for a half hour to an hour but I don't know that we'd want to watch for 4 hours or more.

Are there quick things to do or sights to see in the meantime? Do we need to arrive early Sunday morning to get a good spot to view? Should we not bother seeing the start, or the end?

We want to do the secret itineraries tour, but I know that is only in the morning at certain times, so if we watch the vogalonga, we will not be able to do that on Sunday. However, I also was hoping to visit one of the islands. Is it possible to visit Burano and/or the cemetery island in an afternoon on Sunday, or Monday afternoon after the secret itineraries tour, or do we need a whole day?

I doubt we'll have time to do much Tuesday before we leave, but perhaps the market? I understand the fish market is closed Sunday/Monday. Does that seem feasible if the flight leaves at 1:25?

more
    • Hotel Pesaro Palace or Bauer Hotel for parents 70th birthday trip?

Venice Apr 6, 2015 at 8:17 AM

Hi All!
      We are a group of 8 travelling in Venice June 5-7. I would like to book a hotel in a great location to minimize walking (will have 4 70 year olds with us) as well as a luxury hotel as it's a special birthday trip for my parents. Any thoughts between the two hotels below? Thank you!

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review...

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review...

more
    • Buses to Padova

Iesolo Apr 6, 2015 at 5:31 AM

Which buses go from Iesolo to Padova? and I would like to know about prices of vaporettos Iesolo - Venice. thanks

more
    • Leanj's Profile Photo

Lazise Markets

Lazise Apr 4, 2015 at 9:20 AM

Hi, when are the markets on in Lazise? I hear they are worth a visit?

more
    • Where can I rent a wheelchair?

Verona Apr 3, 2015 at 10:24 AM

I recently broke my ankle and would like to rent a wheelchair for two weeks. Any ideas?

more
    • oRi_5's Profile Photo

Garda with 3 and 1 year old

Garda Apr 1, 2015 at 3:16 AM

Hi

We are planning a holiday to Garda in mid September. We will be flying in to Milan linate and thinking of staying at Del Garda village and camping. Any reviews on this accommodation in September? Also what would be the best way to get from the airport to here as it's a 1.5 hr drive. Is there a bus/ train? If transport is safe and reliable then we won't bother renting a car to avoid hassles of car seats etc as we won't be exploring that much. We were thinking of visiting Gardaland for sure.. Is one day enough or could we do two? We were also interested in the aquarium as our sons love it....but saw a comment they don't allow pushchairs in! Is this true??

They would also love Parco natura viva....but do you need to have your own car to visit?

Where else would you suggest? We are staying 5 nights.

any answers to all my questions are appreciated!! :)

more
    • Vaporetto price

Venice Apr 6, 2015 at 5:38 AM

What is the price of vaporettoes from Lido de Jesolo (or Jesolo) to Venice?

more
    • Travel to Burano Island with Luggages?

Venice Apr 11, 2015 at 9:46 AM

Hi, we are going to disembark the cruise ship in early morning and have an afternoon flight on the same day. If I would like to go to Burano Island in the morning before we heading to the airport, how can I handle my check in luggage with me? Is there any places for luggage storage or any tours that can take care of the luggage? Many thanks in advance!

more
    • Beardedglass's Profile Photo

Our 3 Full-day Venice Itinerary (First time in Italy - Need advice)

Venice Apr 8, 2015 at 5:48 PM

This is our first time in Europe and we decided to go ultra adventurous by planning everything on our own. We're on a budget trip, so we might skip the restaurants and eat at the cicchetti bars, vaporetto rides instead of gondolas, San Giorgio's belltower instead of San Marco's bell tower, and other stuff I've read online that are much better alternatives to the tourist traps.

We'll arrive 10pm in Venice airport, so that'll just be spent sleeping, and on our 5th day we're off early morning. That means we have 3 full days in Venice. Our hotel is beside Ponte della Costituzione by the way and it has breakfast, so no problem there.

Without further ado, here is our detailed itinerary for our 4-nights 5 days trip to Venice. Comments, suggestions, criticisms, advice needed:

Day 1

• Grand Canal tour (by vaporetto 1) from Piazzale Roma to San Marco
      • Basilica di San Marco (before 9:30)
      • Palazzo Ducale (before 11:20) "Secret Itineraries"
      • Lunch at Dal Moro's and Suso Gelatoteca
      • Ponte di Rialto and its shops
      • Ca' Pesaro and Museo di Storia Naturale
      • Dinner at Quanto Basta and Cocaeta
      • Get extremely lost

Day 2

• Morning walk down to Dorsoduro area
      • Gallerie dell'Accademia
      • Lunch at Gia' Schiavi or Al Squero
      • Peggy Guggenheim
      • Santa Maria della Salute
      • Ca' Rezzonico
      • Gelato at Gelateria il Doge
      • Dinner at Colpo De Mato
      • Get extremely lost

Day 3

• San Giorgio Maggiore (by vaporetto 2)  and its campanile
      • Biblioteca Marciana
      • Museo Archeologico
      • Museo Civico Correr
      • Lunch and gelato at Ponte di Rialto area
      • Casa di Carlo Goldoni
      • Scuola di San Rocco
      • Dinner at Giardini Papadopoli area
      • Get extremely lost
      more
    • Beardedglass's Profile Photo

Can you recommend a good 'Food Tour' in Venice?

Venice Mar 29, 2015 at 11:56 PM

We're going to stay in Venice for 4 full days and I wish to surprise my wife with a (half day or full day) culinary tour while we're there. We saw a video about the various local cicchetti we could try that are really affordable and delicious. But we don't speak Italian and we're from Japan so we have no idea about tipping at all. So a guided tour about things to eat in Venice and wine to sample would be amazing.

Do you have any recommended or tried & tested food tours in Venice we could do?

more
    • transfers from Treviso airport

Venice Mar 31, 2015 at 10:40 AM

how would you recommend getting from Treviso airport to Hotel Adriatico Cannaregio on a sunday night about 21'40

more
    • travel from railway station

Peschiera del Garda Mar 26, 2015 at 12:15 PM

We will be arriving at Peschiera Railway station and we are staying in the San Marco Hotel on the Lake. Anyone out there give me info on how to get from the station to the hotel, preferably not by taxi. Is there a bus or how long to walk?

Thanks

more
    • from airport Venice marco Polo to Padova

by bietango Online Now Oct 11, 2014 at 1:32 AM

next week on friday 17 october, I arrive at the airport Venice Marco Polo at 15.40h and I have to go to Hotel le Sorgenti, Bolzano Vicentino, near Padova. The hotel suggested to take a train to Vicenzo and then a bus (5 or 51). But I wonder if there is no direct bus- connection from Venice to Padova.
      grts,
      bietango

7 Answers Oct 13, 2014 at 10:40 AM
    • transporttion

by philomema Online Now Jun 23, 2014 at 7:11 PM

cost of a private car from Padua to Verona?

1 Answer Jun 24, 2014 at 4:53 AM
    • Bus stop near St Anthony's

by dgreeney Online Now Mar 19, 2014 at 12:45 PM

I understand I could take the bus from the Marco Polo airport to Padova Autostazione , however I'd like to get closer to Hotel Beludi 37 near St Anthony's. Can it be done?

3 Answers Mar 20, 2014 at 11:01 AM
    • patp1946's Profile Photo

Daytrips from Padua in May

by patp1946 Online Now Feb 27, 2014 at 11:57 AM

I will be in Padua for 9 days in late May 2014. Any recommendations for daytrips? I will not have a car. I do plan 2 day trips to Venice.

4 Answers Mar 2, 2014 at 12:23 PM
    • mamajoa9's Profile Photo

Transport from Venice to Padua

by mamajoa9 Online Now Dec 18, 2013 at 12:45 AM

How do I get from Venice to Padua.? I am arriving by train at 6.35pm on Dec 26th. Its my first time. Feeling very excited but at the same time very lost :(
      Please help.!

17 Answers Dec 21, 2013 at 3:20 PM
    • Montegrotte Terme over Christmas

by aj_mexico Online Now Oct 9, 2013 at 8:22 PM

I'm going to be stay at

Hotel Mioni Royal San

p.le Stazione 10
      35036 Montegrotto Terme

I'll be staying over Christmas. I would love any comments on what to do while in Italy. I plan on only taking the train and would love to hear suggestions for day trips.

Thanks in advance.

3 Answers Oct 11, 2013 at 11:45 AM
    • university of Padua safety

by worriedmomj Online Now Oct 9, 2013 at 10:47 AM

Would you send your child to study abroad at the university of Padua?
      I have real safety concerns and also how good is the school?
      What companies are really big names and offer internships?

9 Answers Dec 9, 2013 at 1:16 PM
    • agathi's Profile Photo

names of tram stops

by agathi Online Now Sep 9, 2013 at 9:32 AM

I would like to know what is the name of the tram stop that i have to reach each time I want to use it. I'm interested
      a.from the train station to the eremitani piazza,
      b.from Piazza eremitani to santo,
      c.from prato della vale to scroveni
      d.from palazzo bo to the station.
      when i look at the google map, i can't understand which stop is for going towards or returning from a place to another. Thank you very much for your help.

7 Answers Nov 2, 2013 at 10:05 AM
    • agathi's Profile Photo

Transport in padova

by agathi Online Now Aug 18, 2013 at 9:01 AM

I would like someone to tell me what is the fastest transportation in padova, since i will not have much time and i will just see the basic sights. Buses or tram? because even the 10 minutes that i will have to wait in the stop, are valuable. So i want to know which arrives more frequently. Thank you very much.

16 Answers Aug 19, 2013 at 6:39 AM
    • Verona to Padua at night by bus or train

by ayepdaily Online Now Aug 11, 2013 at 8:01 PM

Can I get from Verona to Padua at night by bus or train?

1 Answer Aug 11, 2013 at 8:30 PM
    • Best way to get to Padova from Treviso Airport

by Bap9901 Online Now Jun 21, 2013 at 10:08 AM

There is a better flight schedule from Barcelona to Treviso. Plane arrives @12:40 Sunday. What is the best way to get from airport to Padua. Thanks Beth

3 Answers Jun 21, 2013 at 1:11 PM
    • What is the best way to get from Marco Polo Airport to Padova

by Bap9901 Online Now Jun 21, 2013 at 9:01 AM

I am flying from Barcelona to Marco Polo on Sunday June 30th. I will be staying at the Sheraton in Padova. I would really appreciate any advice on how to get from the airport to the hotel. Thanks. Beth

5 Answers Jun 21, 2013 at 3:48 PM
    • airport Marco Polo

by Natalyca Online Now Apr 21, 2013 at 5:19 AM

Hello!
      I want to get to a Hotel Al Santo ( Via Del Santo 147, Padova) from airoport Marco polo. Please, tell me which bus stop in Padova should I go out?

7 Answers Apr 22, 2013 at 9:37 AM
    • English langauge in theathre???

by sixfoot5 Online Now Apr 19, 2013 at 2:11 PM

Is there any movies cinema show English language movies?

2 Answers Apr 19, 2013 at 11:00 PM
    • Airport

by lydia_lydia Online Now Apr 14, 2013 at 11:36 AM

What's the closest airport to padova? Preferably, close to the Anfiteatro Camerini. thanks!

4 Answers Apr 15, 2013 at 8:30 AM
    • jimjansen's Profile Photo

Italy Traveler

by jimjansen Online Now Dec 23, 2012 at 4:12 PM

We will be in Padova for 17 days next year. Are there any senior citizen discounts on transportation tickets, museums, etc. in the greater Padova area. I know in France seniors can ride the bus from city to city for 1 Euro.

7 Answers Dec 24, 2012 at 8:29 AM
    • classic english men's shoes in Padova

by a6316 Online Now Dec 16, 2012 at 12:20 PM

Is in Padova places to buy classic men's english shoes (C&J, Cheaney, A.Sargent, Edward Green, Church, etc) ?

5 Answers Dec 17, 2012 at 3:16 AM
    • tucha's Profile Photo

Train ticket Padua-Venice.

by tucha Online Now Apr 12, 2012 at 3:17 AM

Could someone tell me , please, how much is the cheapeast fare of a train ticket (each way) departing Padua to Venice??

I know that are several train tickets with diferent prices, could you describe them and the respective prices??

And which are the best way to travel from Marco Polo Airport from Grand Italia Hotel, near the railway station in Padua???

Thanks in advance.

6 Answers Apr 12, 2012 at 4:20 AM
    • shoe shopping

by marijadjurovic Online Now Apr 9, 2012 at 11:30 AM

Can you please tell me if the market in Padova for big shoe shopping is working only on Saturdaays? I will be in Padova 16.04.2012 and that is Monday. Can I hope for some nice cheap italian leather shoes? Is there some market working every day? Where is it located?

13 Answers Apr 26, 2012 at 3:27 PM
    • scubamonica's Profile Photo

Location of train station and hotel to go to Venice

by scubamonica Online Now Apr 3, 2012 at 3:38 PM

Hi
      Im going to Padova this year (2012) and from here I'll take the train to Venice. Where is the train station (name ?) and do you think i'll be able to find an hotel close to this train station ?
      Advice please.
      Thanks

7 Answers Apr 4, 2012 at 11:36 PM
    • Hostel Padova

by fungal05 Online Now Feb 15, 2012 at 1:08 PM

We will be staying at Hostel Padova in mid September 2012. When is the famous Padova Flea market in September?

2 Answers Feb 17, 2012 at 7:31 AM
    • Should we stay in Padova or better of staying in Venice?

by skripalani Online Now Feb 5, 2012 at 10:53 AM

Hello - We are going to be visiting the Venice area for 2 days in late March, driving in from Munich and driving back via Salzburg. Our current plan is to stay at the Sheraton Padova and drive into Venice for the day however I wanted to get some perspective from past visitors and locals. It seemed like a good way to see Venice but also enjoy the flavor of a less touristy Italian village. Is this a reasonable approach or are we better off staying in Venice?

7 Answers Feb 8, 2012 at 1:37 PM
    • Padova card and hop on hop off bus

by Dottie2011 Online Now Aug 20, 2011 at 11:41 PM

If one purchaces these on line can we have them delivered to our hotel or does one have to go to a tourist office to collect. We are arriving on a Sunday afternoon and it seems that none of the offices are open then and we want to start using the transport Sunday evening and early on Monday morning

6 Answers Aug 21, 2011 at 7:53 AM
    • Padova card and hop on hop off bus

by Dottie2011 Online Now Aug 20, 2011 at 11:41 PM

If one purchaces these on line can we have them delivered to our hotel or does one have to go to a tourist office to collect. We are arriving on a Sunday afternoon and it seems that none of the offices are open then and we want to start using the transport Sunday evening and early on Monday morning

1 Answer Aug 21, 2011 at 12:10 AM
    • Need help finding a place to stay while visiting Venice!

by micheleflo Online Now Apr 28, 2011 at 11:02 PM

I am looking for a decent place to stay, without spending too much, and am not sure what area around Venice would be good. All of the accomodations in Venice are sold out and I have 6 people to find rooms for. We are coming in 3 days early for a cruise on June 3rd. The Sheraton in Padova has a good rate but I'm not sure how much effort it will take to get there from the VCE airport and then into Venice. Does anybody have advice on a hotel/b&b or even which town to stay in? Hotel rooms are also available in Mestre. I can use ANY HELP I can get!!! Thanks!

5 Answers Apr 30, 2011 at 1:24 AM
    • Need help finding a place to stay while visiting Venice!

by micheleflo Online Now Apr 28, 2011 at 11:02 PM

I am looking for a decent place to stay, without spending too much, and am not sure what area around Venice would be good. All of the accomodations in Venice are sold out and I have 6 people to find rooms for. We are coming in 3 days early for a cruise on June 3rd. The Sheraton in Padova has a good rate but I'm not sure how much effort it will take to get there from the VCE airport and then into Venice. Does anybody have advice on a hotel/b&b or even which town to stay in? Hotel rooms are also available in Mestre. I can use ANY HELP I can get!!! Thanks!

2 Answers Apr 29, 2011 at 10:15 AM
    • Buses from Padova to Rome

by Remediaf Online Now Mar 16, 2011 at 9:18 PM

Hi,

Are there any buses which commute between Padova and Rome? We would prefer it they were late evening or overnight type as long as we reach Rome by 6 AM.

Thanks

2 Answers Mar 17, 2011 at 12:37 AM
    • Redang's Profile Photo

Verona Airport to Padova

by Redang Online Now Feb 22, 2011 at 11:53 PM

Does anybody know if there are buses from/to Verona Airport to/from Padova/Vicenza?

Thanks.

• roberta2011's Profile Photo

Longer-term Apartment

by roberta2011 Online Now Jan 31, 2011 at 6:54 PM

I am planning to base myself in Padova for 6-8 weeks (late April through May) and was hoping to find a longer-term apartment or similar type rental and am wondering where to look as English touristy sites seem to advertise places that are both too large and too expensive. I just need a small studio apartment with minimal cooking facilities, but hopefully a washing machine and internet connection. I'll have no car, so also need to be within 20 minute walk or bus ride from the train station. And I'd like to keep it to500 euros or less/month with gas, electric, etc. Any ideas? Thanks in advance for your assistance.

17 Answers Feb 25, 2011 at 3:14 PM
    • hotel and restaurants in padova

by stignani Online Now Jan 17, 2011 at 5:25 AM

We will be in northern Italy for a week in February and are considering making Padova our home base. Searching for moderately priced hotels and restaurants.

Many thanks,
      Bill

4 Answers Jul 28, 2011 at 1:06 AM