Padova Travel Answers

change location

Hostel Padova

by fungal05 Online Now Feb 15, 2012 at 1:08 PM

We will be staying at Hostel Padova in mid September 2012. When is the famous Padova Flea market in September?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • oriettaIT's Profile Photo

Re: Hostel Padova

by oriettaIT Online Now Feb 15, 2012 at 10:30 PM

Padova Flea Market is the third Sunday of every month. It take place in Prato della Valle and in the street that go from the same square to the center.
    There are other flea markets in villages and little town in Veneto in different weekend of the month, in my opinion the best one is by far in Piazzola sul Brenta and is is the last sunday of the month. it is less furniture and a lot more bric a brac.
    Happy travel

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • painterdave's Profile Photo

Re: Hostel Padova

by painterdave Online Now Feb 17, 2012 at 7:31 AM

I see you are coming in September. Will you have a car?
    There are many villages that have festivals during September because of the grape harvest. You are coming at a great time.
    Monselice, a small town has a fabulous medieval parade, for instance. It takes several hours...everyone dresses up in costume and they do this by neighborhood... For instance, one neighborhoood are the bakers.. one neighborhood are the priests... and it goes on and on. Included in this parade are weapons of war, like catapults and a huge contraption that shoots HUGE arrows...
    Go to this page I made on it.
    "Monselice, Just out of Padova" - Monselice by painterdave
    and take a look.
    There are other villages that have mock battles. ... and of course food stands, etc.
    The weather will be nice for you, too.
    Padova is a good place to train into Venice. You chose well.
    I live just outside of Padova...
    Dave

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines