Travel Answers
Padang

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Chyan's Profile Photo

How to go to Sriwijaya Archaeological Park?

Palembang Aug 10, 2015 at 6:36 AM

May i know how to go and how long does it take to travel by taxi from Palembang airport to Sriwijaya Archaeological Park?

more
    • Driver to Jakarta

Surabaya Aug 28, 2015 at 8:06 PM

I need to get from Surabaya to Jakarta tomorrow.
      Anyone know of private drivers ? The train is full and I cannot fly with my Visa.
      Please let me know. Thanks!

more
    • jeannetteb1's Profile Photo

Volcanoe disruption

Bali Aug 6, 2015 at 1:58 AM

Hi hoping someone can give me a little advice and support. We are due to fly out to Hong Kong this Sat with Cathay Pacific and then on to Bali on the 11th Aug. Does anyone know if Dragonair flights are being affected by the volcano ash? I can see lots of info for Virgin and Jetstar from Australian travellers but not a lot for other airlines. Cathay Pacific have very generic info on their website. I really don't know what to do, beginning to worry about flying to HK and getting stuck there! Booked everything ourselves, although insurance does at least cover us for the ash.
      Hoping for a little friendly support to stop me panicking!
      Thanks Jeannette

more
    • 10 days in Bali (+ Lombok/Gilli) over Christmas / New Year

Bali Aug 23, 2015 at 3:55 AM

Hi all,

I've spent quite a bit of time looking at suggested 10-day itineraries for Bali, but yet I still don't seem to have managed to find one that I feel works for me. I'm in Bali for 10 full days (11 nights), arriving on Christmas Eve and staying on until the 4th January. I will be arriving and departing from Denpasar

I'm not a big beach-goer or into surfing, though having said that, I would still like to fit in a couple of days at a quiet, relaxing beach. I will be travelling alone, and am in my mid-twenties. I don't drink, so I'm not looking for parties/bars/wild nights. I'm interested in exploring the history and culture, with a bit of down-time thrown in. I'm interested in the local life, scenery, food and exploration - so spending days at a beach resort is not too appealing - though some relaxation time on an authentic local beach would be lovely. I would also like to try and fit in Lombok and a couple of nights on one of the Gili islands - though I get the feeling that this might be trying to cram in too much.

At the moment, my rough itinerary is:

24/12 EVENING ARRIVAL

25/12 Bali (Ubud)

26/12 Bali (Ubud)

27/12 Bali (Ubud)

28/12 Bali (Ubud)

29/12 Lombok (Senggigi?)

30/12 Lombok (Senggigi?)

31/12 Gilli (Gilli T?)

01/01 Gilli (Gilli T?)

02/01 Bali (Sanur?)

03/01 Bali (Sanur?)

04/01 AFTERNOON DEPARTURE

I would be ever so grateful if you could share some ideas on which areas might be best for me to visit/stay for each of the proposed stops - as well as let me know if the itinerary is realistic. I would like the trip to be as comfortable as possible (I'm not a backpacker/hostel type), though, having said that, I will be on a budget (perhaps 3-star). As my trip is over the festive season, do you think that the date allocation for each stop is appropriate or should I make changes to the order that I plan to make each stop? I would also like the order of the itinerary to be appropriate and practical for departing for the next stop on my trip.

I have found that there are just so many variations and possible itineraries that cater for different interests, and I have just found it all very overwhelming, and not found a detailed itinerary that fully grabs me.

Thanks in advance!

more
    • Effects of Volcanic Ash in the city

Bali Aug 8, 2015 at 7:36 AM

I wonder if someone who is now in Bali can provide an update on the pollution level as a result of the volcanic ash. There was a report on BBC - August 7, showing damage to local crops and the thick ash on the crops and the locals using face masks. Would it be advisable to bring face mask for people going there in the next few days? In the hotels does the ash cover the surfaces...beds, tables, etc.? Just wanted to know what kind of an experience it is at this time. Thank you.

more
    • jeannetteb1's Profile Photo

Visas, payments and money exchange

Bali Aug 1, 2015 at 5:04 AM

Hi hoping for some up to date advice...

1) Am I correct that since June 2015 the visa-free policy is granted to foreign nationals of 30 additional countries and this now includes the UK so we will not now need to pay the US 35 dollar entry visa fee?

2) Is there a charge for departing the country as I have also read that the departure tax should be included in flight price. I'm getting confused reading advice to other people, on different forums on other sites. Any up to date advice would be great.

3) I know it is best to change to IDR there so would you take GBP travellers cheques or cash?

Thanks JB

more
    • What visa/permits do I need to visit Sorong?

Sorong Aug 5, 2015 at 9:55 PM

I'm planning to visit family in Sorong at the end of the year, but am unsure what visas/permits I need or where to get them. Could someone help me?

Thanks in advance for your help!

more
    • s.j86's Profile Photo

Phuket to Jakarta

Indonesia Aug 10, 2015 at 12:09 PM

Is there any ferry service from Phuket or any other part of Thailand to Jakarta or Bali or any other part of Indonesia? If yes, is it reliable?

more
    • Three weeks in Bali 27th February and Alcohol

Bali Aug 20, 2015 at 12:32 PM

My wife and I are due to spend about 3 weeks in Bali. We are both aged related pensioners and my last visit to a Muslim country was many years ago where alcohol was and is still prohibited. Not wishing to offend but like to have a glass or two of wine, especially with meals, I ask for advice. Not wanting to stay in 5 star hotels but prefer small guest house. Are there such places, that serve alcohol as in reasonably priced; Gin and Tonics, and wine ?
      Are there off licences/ stores where wines are readily available ?
      Can anyone advise on the best area for us to get a taxi to from the airport, to find such a Guest House, private facilities and hopefully a sea view. We will already have spent two months travelling so cost must be considered. We look for a; peaceful, tranquil setting but reasonably central for a few day excursions and site seeing.

more
    • Transportation from airport to Bukit Tinggi

by BHassan Online Now Mar 31, 2013 at 5:37 PM

Hi, is there any public transportation from Padang Airport to Bukit Tinggi?

Thank you.
      B. Hassan

3 Answers Apr 1, 2013 at 9:36 AM
    • Ruchei's Profile Photo

Interesting places to stay around Padang?

by Ruchei Online Now Mar 1, 2013 at 7:32 AM

Hello! I plan to stay a couple of days by the beach (Paradiso Village), but am wondering if there is anything else nearby which is nice and unique to Sumatra? Any boutique places you could recommend?

Many thanks!

5 Answers Mar 8, 2013 at 12:12 AM
    • AliaaShah's Profile Photo

transportation in padang

by AliaaShah Online Now Nov 23, 2010 at 6:52 AM

i'm planning to go to padang this december 4th 2010..i want to ask about the transportation in padang...is there any angkots that can bring us straight to Bukit Tinggi From the airport and how much would it cost??

1 Answer Nov 28, 2010 at 2:02 PM
    • traditional massage

by musaphir Online Now Jul 4, 2009 at 12:04 AM

hi
      can any member recommend traditional massage outlets in padang and bukittinggi?
      tks
      musaphir

• budget accommodation in bukit tinggi

by musaphir Online Now Jul 1, 2009 at 5:30 AM

hi
      can any member urgently suggest budget to medium priced conveniently located accommodation in bukit tinggi for two days. please provide email address or telephone numbers to enable contact those properties directly.
      regards
      musaphir

3 Answers Jul 11, 2009 at 3:13 AM
    • biaya paket 3hr 2mlm

by ReriIstipurwanti Online Now May 14, 2009 at 2:08 AM

Mohon informasi biaya untuk paket 3hr 2mlm dengan peserta k.l. 60 orang (jemput antar di Bandara Minangkabau) menginap di Bukittingi dan P.Sikuai, berkunjung ke beberapa obyek wisata di Ranah Minang.

2 Answers May 21, 2009 at 11:40 AM
    • travel service from padang airport to bt tinggi

by musaphir Online Now Apr 2, 2009 at 2:06 AM

hi
      can anyone confirm where we will be able to catch the travel from padang to bt tinggi and what are the current costs.sure comments as to how to reach the starting point of the travel service from the padang airport will be very helpful. please advise whether bus will be a better option.
      regards
      musaphir

7 Answers Dec 18, 2013 at 5:40 AM
    • interesting places in padang

by don_lh Online Now Nov 4, 2008 at 5:23 PM

salam..hye..!good day everyone..my friend n i are going to padang for 5days trip.can anyone suggest me any interesting places to visit in padang..?we r in grp of 25 persons..thanks!

4 Answers Nov 10, 2008 at 4:59 AM
    • interesting places in padang...?

by don_lh Online Now Nov 4, 2008 at 5:20 PM

salam...hye..!good day everyone..i'm going to padang for a trip with my friends for bout 5days.can anyone suggest me any interesting places at padang to visit?please...we r going in grp of 25people.thanks!

3 Answers Nov 6, 2008 at 10:57 PM
    • danishtraveller's Profile Photo

Car Hire

by danishtraveller Online Now Oct 10, 2008 at 5:44 AM

Can anyone recommend somewhere to rent a car in Padang? I am going for a long weekend (4 days) later this month. I do not need a driver.

1 Answer Oct 12, 2008 at 7:32 AM
    • gopeace's Profile Photo

Damri Airport Bus (MIA) timetable

by gopeace Online Now Sep 13, 2008 at 10:46 AM

Dear all,

May I know what is the timetable for Damri Airport bus to Minangkabau International Airport? Can I wait for the bus at Minang Plaza?

Thank you.

-gopeace

3 Answers Sep 17, 2008 at 4:28 PM
    • Vaccinations for Sumatra

by skello Online Now Jun 3, 2008 at 11:28 PM

Can anyone tell me if one would need any vaccinations when travelling to Sumatra? My son is heading off on a surfing safari & will spend only one day in Padang. Does he need to be taking maleria medication now, or have any injections?

3 Answers Jun 4, 2008 at 5:15 AM
    • miguel_es's Profile Photo

beaches for surfing around Padang?

by miguel_es Online Now Dec 29, 2007 at 6:08 PM

I´ll be travelling indo next feb /march. I´d appreciatte any informationa about that.

2 Answers Jan 1, 2008 at 11:58 PM
    • Trip to Medan & Padang

by nesya Online Now Nov 7, 2007 at 2:22 AM

Hi, im planning to to visit Medan & Padang, it will be a 6days trip on late January next year.
      1. Please recommend me how to spend that 6days effectively. Which interesting places both in Medan & Padang that worth a visit? And how to reach those places (considering im taking my mom & aunt, I think I need quite comfortable transportation).
      2. Any suggestion on where to stay (budget accommodation if possible)?
      3. I already purchased plane tickets from Jakarta to Medan and from Padang to Jakarta. But still wondering how the best way to go from Medan to Padang? By bus or plane or else? How long does it take to reach Padang?
      I appreciate any comment..

Thanx a lot!
      - nes -

10 Answers Mar 31, 2008 at 8:15 PM
    • Trip to Padang

by manja62 Online Now May 28, 2007 at 11:51 PM

Hi, I'm taking my family to Padang in mid dec. Eidul Adha (raya korban)may falls on the 19th or 20th Dec. Are shops, restaurants and tourist spots closed for this day? Thank you.

1 Answer May 30, 2007 at 12:47 PM
    • THLIN's Profile Photo

Is it safe to travel in Padang alone...

by THLIN Online Now May 29, 2005 at 1:32 AM

Hi there,
      I am a Taiwanese. I have a question...Is it safe for a Taiwanese
      to travel in Padang alone?! Because I've heard a lot about Indenisia,
      but I still think it's a nice place to visit...So can anyone give me some
      suggestion about travelling ALONE in Padang...
      Thanx

3 Answers Nov 29, 2005 at 10:30 PM
    • Cheap transportation from airport to town

by HanGJeBat Online Now May 21, 2005 at 12:24 PM

Hi all.. What is the cheapest transport to go to Padang town from airport ? Do they have airport couch or bus ? Thanks in advance.

2 Answers Oct 16, 2006 at 10:38 PM
    • yeikloen's Profile Photo

Diving In Padang West Sumatra

by yeikloen Online Now Feb 10, 2004 at 10:51 PM

Hi Guys, Does anyone know if there are any dive operator in Padang West Sumatra....?? Heard that is a great place for diving for fishes? Cheers, Loen

4 Answers Mar 29, 2013 at 9:55 AM