Padang Travel Answers

change location
Ruchei's Profile Photo

Interesting places to stay around Padang?

by Ruchei Online Now Mar 1, 2013 at 7:32 AM

Hello! I plan to stay a couple of days by the beach (Paradiso Village), but am wondering if there is anything else nearby which is nice and unique to Sumatra? Any boutique places you could recommend?

Many thanks!

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • lotharscheer's Profile Photo

Re: Interesting places to stay around Padang?

by lotharscheer Online Now Mar 1, 2013 at 8:16 AM

I am not shure about boutique places but Lake Maninjau and also Bukittingi are definately worth to go

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Interesting places to stay around Padang?

by uchiha Online Now Mar 2, 2013 at 12:52 AM

for souvenir or craft you can find it in sudirman street no 5, the store name is "Silungkang Pandaisikek". you can also find handmade fabric called "songket" (htttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Songke..., but be ware about the high price.
    and also if you have time, don't hesitate to go to bukittinggi, its a good place to go. (indonesia-tourism.com/west-s....

Be the first to rate this answer!

• yudhi's Profile Photo

by yudhi Online Now Mar 7, 2013 at 6:56 AM

maybe by the beach does not exist. but not far from the beach we can find it. almost every region in West Sumatra has a boutique, bukittinggi, pandai sikek, etc. hope u soon to go to padang. and fun waiting for you to enjoy. for more info email me yudhee4ll@yahoo.com. yudhi_k (twitter)

• pPamela's Profile Photo

by pPamela Online Now Mar 8, 2013 at 12:01 AM

Try Pagang Island - very primitive but exciting.
    Here is a link where you will find lots of info.
    tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic...

• Daihappydai's Profile Photo

by Daihappydai Online Now Mar 8, 2013 at 12:12 AM

I was in Padang a few years ago, found it friendly but steamy. The locals flock to the foreshore in the evening and there are great food stalls there. I would suggest only a few days in Padang itself.
    There are plenty of buses to Bukittinggi from Padang - a few hours? - it is considerably cooller as it is elevated. Lots to see both in and just outside the town, and Lake Maninjau, as suggested, is worth a visit, even for a day - beautiful scenery along windy roads as you approach the lake.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines