Pacitan

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Speifics on Bromo

Surabaya May 18, 2015 at 4:15 AM

I've done my research on getting to Bromo or Cemoro Lawang from Surubaya now I'm looking for specifics for getting around the area. I'll be doing this independent of the tours and walking/hiking as much of it as I can so I'm trying to gather as much info on it as I can.

I will try to get a room in Lava View or somewhere nearby, from there I would like to know how far it is to the viewpoint which from what I have read is on or near Mt. Pananjakan. The only review or blog post I've read which mentions the time says it's somewhere from 20-40 mins walk up there, not sure how accurate that is or if that's even from Cemoro Lawang area or some other point.

From the viewpoint, how far is it back down to the entrance or the place where you pay the fee and then to the actual volcano itself?

Any other vantage points or tips on getting around sand sea and the temple would also be appreciated.

EDIT: I just read another post stating that the route the 4x4's take to the viewing area is different from the walking path, don't know if this is true or if there are clear markings along the way when I get there.

more