Pacific Grove Travel Answers

change location
travelgourmet's Profile Photo

Gourmet Dining in Pacific Grove/Monterey

by travelgourmet Online Now May 19, 2004 at 4:36 PM

Part of the fun in trying new food dishes is going to new locations not tried before. Anyone out there know of a gourmet restaurant with new, different dishes to tease the palate, in the Pacific Grove/Monterey area.Thank you for any advice as to decor and menu.

Quote & Answer
12 Answers
  • erikatheskysailor's Profile Photo

Re: Gourmet Dining in Pacific Grove/Monterey

by erikatheskysailor Online Now May 19, 2004 at 4:57 PM

canneryrow.com/dining/index.... There are some really beautiful restaurants Iin Cannery Row; the views should be excellent as well! I walked past alot during the one afternoon I got to spend there, but I ate the less glamorous and inexpenseive Clawdaddy's. Fun place. :)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Robachu1's Profile Photo

Re: Gourmet Dining in Pacific Grove/Monterey

by Robachu1 Online Now May 20, 2004 at 3:59 PM

http://www.passionfish.net/ http://www.freshcream.com/ Marinus at Bernardus Lodge (Winery): bernardus.com/bl/bl2/index.h... My personal favorite......................... Pacific's Edge Restaurant at the Highlands Inn, Park Hyatt Carmel: highlandsinn.hyatt.com/prope...

• YVRDave's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Gourmet Dining in Pacific Grove/Monterey

by YVRDave Online Now May 20, 2004 at 4:28 PM

Larry, you may find this funny but, there is a little restaurant north of The Hyatt Monterey called The Mill ( I think). Very quaint old flour mill. I ate in the courtyard. It had beautiful hanging baskets every where. I had the Meatloaf with mashed potatoes and it was great. Sometimes you have to have comfort food. It was the first time as an adult I had ordered meatloaf in a restaurant. They also have seafood and other items. It is in a little vale with trees all around and it is quite a nice temperature

• travelgourmet's Profile Photo

by travelgourmet Online Now May 20, 2004 at 4:42 PM

Thanks for the info from all. Robert, I will take your advice and try out the Bernardus Lodge. The chef, surprise, was once in LA at Citrus, so I will go and say hello,. There is also a winery , called Bernardus as well, both owned by Ben Pon. I will have to visit with him and share my limited knowledge of grapes. Oh yeah, Griff, keep on singing, Lola. LOL

by YVRDave Online Now May 20, 2004 at 5:09 PM

I'm working on that free trip to Montreal.

by travelgourmet Online Now May 20, 2004 at 6:03 PM

Griff, Funny, I knew it! LOL

by YVRDave Online Now May 23, 2004 at 3:53 PM

That sound very tasty Palo.

by travelgourmet Online Now May 23, 2004 at 4:20 PM

Thanks PV. the Old Bath House sounds charming. I am a sucker for crab cakes and the Seared Ahi Tuna (makes me think of Hawaii) and rack of lamb blurbs, make my mouth water.. I will plan to take my wife to this romantic dining establishment. It is located only one block from where we are staying. Right under my nose and didn't even know about it. Thanks again.

RE: RE: Gourmet Dining in Pacific Grove/Monterey

by travelgourmet Online Now Jan 5, 2006 at 8:55 AM

Whew, went online before walking out the door just to see the parting shots on VT. Thanks for the tip, PV. Love the Barnyard shopping center, even got the shoes I'm wearing (SAS)at Barnyard. Yes, the Swiss, lower court, restaurant has been sampled by moi. Will be there in about 6 hours from now. Ta, Ta, Larry

by travelgourmet Online Now Jan 5, 2006 at 8:59 AM

Oh, I have a reservation in Carmel for Friday nite at Anton & Michel Restaurant and will again visit your tip of The Bath House in PG. Signing off till I return or get itchy for VT. lol

by travelgourmet Online Now Jan 5, 2006 at 9:03 AM

Thanks PV. Bye for now! TG

by travelgourmet Online Now Jan 18, 2006 at 12:15 PM

Hi, PV. Just returned from my California wine tour and went to the restaurant you mentioned at the Barnyard in Carmel. You give great suggestions. The name is Bixby's and Bill Quon Lee is the owner. He also owns Bahama Billy's Restaurant in the Barnyard complex as well at the gift shop across the way. I will be putting pics and script on my Carmel pages on all three locations. Had a martini or two at Bixby's and some stuffed olives. I gave Bill a few tips on lighting for Bixby's and he is going to follow up. Neat place. Aloha, Larry.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines