Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Massage spas

Castellón de la Plana Nov 24, 2015 at 10:39 AM

Where can I find a massage spa in castellon, spain

• Camping out?

Canary Islands Nov 12, 2015 at 7:55 AM

Hi, my partner and I will be visiting the Canary Islands for two months over Christmas.
      We are really keen to camp out and have discovered a number of state run camp sites which sound great but hard to find much out about, I do understand you must get a permit to camp.
      Loving the outdoors and exploring, we don't mind a lack of facilities and being a bit out of the way.
      Any information about camping on Gran Canaria and Tenerife would be greatly appreciated!

We would also be very up for helping out on any projects, anything eco-minded, help with building, caring for animals, gardening and so on, especially if there is availability for camping!
      So if anyone can think of anywhere or anyone who could help, please get in touch!

Many Thanks

• Estadio olimpico - good view

Barcelona Nov 23, 2015 at 9:56 PM

I go to a concert in the Estadio olimpico in Barcelona. Can someone Tell me which are good places to See the stage well?

• Mobility scooters

Benidorm Nov 19, 2015 at 9:35 PM

Do buses in Benidorm have ramps for scooters

• AvinashV's Profile Photo

Number of days to stay in Majorca

Majorca Island Nov 8, 2015 at 5:48 AM

I am planning to travel to Majorca, Spain in december. Its a long holiday. I would like to have a full experience of the island. I want to know what is the ideal duration of the stay in the island and is the island ideal to spend the christmas day.

• Christmas dinner in Malaga

Málaga Nov 22, 2015 at 1:42 PM

Hi. My husband and I are travelling to Malaga for Christmas and we're looking for recommendations for restaurants for Christmas day dinner. Thanks

• December night life weather new yr 2016

Benidorm Nov 20, 2015 at 2:17 AM

Could someone tell me night life thinking ov going 27th Dec to 3Jan so want to now wht new yr like and weather

• Seaside walks

Valencia Nov 17, 2015 at 6:08 PM

Is there a dedicated walk along the sea? Something like the Promenade in Nice, France, perhaps?
      Thank you,

• Tickled_Pink's Profile Photo

Where to purchase Real Madrid Soccer Tickets to watch a game

Madrid Nov 10, 2015 at 4:08 AM

Whilst we are in Madrid we would like to attend a soccer match.
      Is there a website/s where can we purchase Real Madrid tickets?

Approx costs of the tickets

Which station is close to the stadium, is it in walking distance & any other tips you can provide

• Train station and bus service

Benidorm Nov 9, 2015 at 10:02 AM

I will be arriving at Alicante train station, does anyone know if a bus stops there for Benidorm, if not, is the bus station far from the train station and what number is the bus, or will the bus just say Benidorm.

• Restaurant

Villajoyosa Nov 19, 2015 at 3:40 PM

We are looking to book a nice restaurant in Villajoyosa for Christmas day (25th December) Any recommendations
      would be great. Thanks.

• Christmas in Almunecar

Almuñécar Nov 5, 2015 at 3:09 PM

Will supermarkets be open in Almunecar on Christmas Eve,will bars and restuarants be open on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day

• Barcelona for New years

Barcelona Nov 5, 2015 at 9:46 AM

Hello everyone:) My hubs and I are planning a european getaway this winter. We will be in Vienna for Christmas and are looking at visiting Barcelona from Dec 26 2015 - Jan 3 2016. It's our first time in Barcelona and we are looking forward to starting 2016 there! I would love to know which areas to consider to stay in/any hotels you recommend. We love exploring cute cafes, little streets, restaurants. Some partying, but not necessarily anything wild. Would love to hear your tips.

• gran canaria

Isla de Gran Canaria Nov 22, 2015 at 4:40 AM

is it safe to visit this new year

• Surfing in November?

San Sebastián Nov 19, 2015 at 2:05 AM

Is it warm enough to surf in san sebastian at the end of november? If so, do you have a recommendation of a specific company that won't rip me off?

• Getting to Tarragona from Barcelona

Tarragona Nov 12, 2015 at 10:38 PM

I'm a little bit confuse about getting to Tarragona. Read on the site that I can take the train from Passeig De Gracia? Isn't this station for the metro lines? Pls help. Thank you.

What is the best location to book our hotel?

Barcelona Nov 5, 2015 at 2:44 PM

Please provide the area/suburb/district that we should book our hotel when staying in Barcelona, taking into account the proximity of transport, sites, cost efficiency etc

Any other other tips when choosing the location of a hotel will be appreciated.

Thank You

Please suggest popular district to stay in Madrid?

Madrid Nov 5, 2015 at 2:42 PM

Please provide the area/suburb/district that we should book our hotel when staying in Madrid, taking into account the proximity of transport, sites etc

Any other other tips when choosing the location of a hotel will be appreciated.

• Barcelona Spain

Barcelona Nov 2, 2015 at 12:10 PM

Hi everyone, I'm taking a trip to Barcelona Spain in March...will more than likely be traveling solo :). Any advice? I already have flight booked but no hotel yet :(. I want a hotel that's centrally located, close to restaurants, bars, clubs, shopping etc. Let me know if anyone has any tips/suggestions.

• bzulu67's Profile Photo

Cruise port terminal for NCL ships

Barcelona Oct 28, 2015 at 6:59 AM

Hi all,

I depart on Sunday the 1st of November from Barcelona port on the NCL Epic.
      Which terminal will the ship depart from?
      Many thanks

• autumn time in bella medina

Benalmádena Oct 26, 2015 at 3:34 PM

whats it like in the autumn time ? is there much to do ?

• Oleg_D.'s Profile Photo

From Madrid to Toledo on December 31

Toledo Yesterday

I supposed to arrive at Barajas International Airport of Madrid at 17:00. I’m going to take a taxi and reach Puerta Atocha Railway Station. There I supposed to take a train and get Toledo.
      The problem is, all this should happen on December 31 and last train from Atocha leaves for Toledo at 18:50 hours. So, if my airplane will not be late then I will have enough time to catch this last train and get Toledo. But what should I do if my airplane will be late? What is the best option to get Toledo in case I miss that last train?
      1. Should I take a taxi at Barajas International Airport and ride to Toledo? How much it will cost (approximately)?
      2. Should I take ALSA bus from T-4 Terminal in Barajas? Does ALSA have buses to Toledo from T-4? Do they provide transportation till late evening December 31?
      3. Should I take a bus at Plaza Eliptica Bus Station? Do buses leaving from this bus station provide transportation till late evening December 31?

And in case I will succeed to get Toledo by train. Will taxi available in Toledo Railway stations late evening December 31 (about 19:00)?
      Thank you in advance. Answers of people living in Madrid and Toledo will be especially appreciated.

Lisbon, Madrid, Andalusia, Barcelona: Assist with 14 day itinerary & tips

Spain Nov 8, 2015 at 3:36 PM

With a 14 day trip planned.our itinerary is a follows for November 2015:

-->5 day Lisbon & surrounds -->3 days Milan & surrounds -->3 days Seville,Cordoba, Grenada, --> 21/2 days Barcelona & Monserat

We are planning to see as much as possible in a short space of time but don't want to short change ourselves in a particular place. Please assist in saving us time & maximising places. Also bare in mind we will travel with baggage between major cities.

----------------------Arrive Lisbon 08:15 (Thursday)
      day 1 Belem
      day 2 Amalfa
      day 3 ? Parque De Nacos (new buildings only not aquarium) ~Not sure about this?
      day 4 Day trip Sintra (Pena Palace closed now
      day 5 Day trip Cascais & Obidos
      day 6 7h00 flight to Madrid. Explore city
      day 7 Explore city
      day 8 Toledo /
      --------------------------------train to Seville / Grenada?
      day 9 Seville ?
      day 10 day trip Cordoba ?
      day 11 day trip Grenada ? (or night over)
      ------------------------------- fly to Barcelona
      day 12 explore Barcelona
      day 13 explore Barcelona & 1/2 day Monserat
      day 14 1/2 day explore Barcelona (flight departs 16:45)

Please supply your suggestions for the following

(1) Should we alter itinerary to have only 4 days in Lisbon & an extra day in Barcelona or other city mentioned above instead? If so where, how & why?

(2) How can itinerary be improved (removing, adding or changing based around your travel experience)

I/e. spending too much or too little time in one place.

(3) In Andelusia where should we night over and number of days (Eg stay over in Seville 3 nights or 2 nights one place & 1 night another, day trips)

(4) Mention best mode of transport for day excursions (I presume bus for day trips & between Cordoba,Seville, Grenada)

(5) Tips for city sightseeing

- Are hop on hop off buses recommended over public buses?
      - First must things to see/do

(6) Are shops completely shut down during siesta 2pm-5pm?

Does this include restaurants & public transport?
      What do you recommend we do during this period

(7) Is the train ride from Madrid to (Seville or Grenada) scenic?

What time (and most economical) do you recommend we travel to get the most out of our days in the cities?
      Other Advice

(8) Can we do all day excursions on our own without a guide, if so offer guidance or tips where you think possible & how to save with multi-passes etc

(9) Do EU passport carriers get any discounts?

Thanking You in Advance for your care, attention & expertise. So far you VT's fantastic offering much help ;-)

Best mode of travel between Madrid & Barcelona

Madrid Nov 3, 2015 at 9:52 AM

Is it better to travel from Madrid to Barcelona via train or aeroplane?

Please suggest:
      1) a reason why
      2) carrier names & possible links on how to book
      3) approx associated costs and any discounts if any when 2 ppl are traveling together
      4) Any other suggestions or tips you can offer

PS: what are the internal air carriers?

Thank You

Where should we spend more time: In Madrid or the outskirts?

Madrid Nov 6, 2015 at 12:27 PM

While I love exploring cities, I sometimes feel that the hidden gems are on the outskirts. Can anyone suggest places to visit around Barcelona, Seville & Madrid respectively?

• mag-pie's Profile Photo

by mag-pie Online Now Aug 25, 2014 at 3:22 AM

Hello, I'll be moving to Oviedo this week and am wondering if anyone is interested in doing intercambio? I'm a native English speaker and really want to learn Spanish. Thanks.

3 Answers Aug 26, 2014 at 4:01 AM

by MakisT Online Now Jul 5, 2014 at 11:22 AM

How travel from Oviedo to Salas?

1 Answer Jul 5, 2014 at 2:33 PM
    • Weekend in Oviedo

by Jskib Online Now Mar 28, 2014 at 4:25 AM

I am planning to visit the churches in Oviedo over a weekend visit. Will things be open on Saturday and Sunday to do this, or should I extend to Monday?

3 Answers Mar 30, 2014 at 2:03 AM
    • household goodds

by caroline1964 Online Now Jul 27, 2013 at 9:09 AM

can i buy household goods (duvet,pillows,pots and pans etc) for my daughter who is going to university in oviedo for a year and we cant carry everything from dublin?

4 Answers Jul 27, 2013 at 2:39 PM
    • philosykos's Profile Photo

July weather in Asturias....

by philosykos Online Now Jun 29, 2013 at 11:48 PM

I know weather can be cooler..What to expect towards end of July?? Ok a light jacket...but ae long trousers needed and closed shoes? Or can I just get away with a cotton jacket and summer clothes???Many thxs!

8 Answers Jun 30, 2013 at 7:33 PM
    • Denisoi's Profile Photo

what's the best bar?

by Denisoi Online Now Jun 25, 2013 at 7:04 AM

What's the best barin Oviedo? Can anyone recommend a cool place for a small bachelorette party?

1 Answer Jun 25, 2013 at 12:51 PM
    • Private tour in Oviedo

by set1821 Online Now May 23, 2013 at 10:56 AM

Can anyone recommend a private tour company for June 2nd, 2013. I will be on a cruise and the cruise makes a stop in Gijon Spain but I havent had any luck finding a private tour for 2 people.

2 Answers May 23, 2013 at 1:31 PM
    • philosykos's Profile Photo

Hotels/Pensions near Av Buenavista....

by philosykos Online Now Feb 28, 2013 at 8:25 AM

Can anyone tel me he closest hotels/pensiones near the Av Buenavista? Near the big Mall there..near that area.Many thxs!

• Local guides in Oviedo?

by mangaldan2 Online Now Oct 4, 2011 at 6:57 AM

Are there local tour guides in Oviedo? Can you recommend one?

4 Answers Oct 4, 2011 at 10:34 PM
    • A day trip to Picos De Europa

by mangaldan2 Online Now Oct 1, 2011 at 10:19 PM

I only have one day reserved to see the Picos. Are there tour companies taking tourists for a day trip to the Picos from Oviedo? Or is this something I have to do on my own using the buses? Thank u for your help.

• nomad7890's Profile Photo

Car hire without problems - to Covadonga

by nomad7890 Online Now Apr 19, 2011 at 9:58 AM

I have been researching transportation from Oviedo to Covadonga. has buses but we would have to stay there longer than we want to spend there - so am looking at renting a car. I rented a car via Hertz in Malaga before, but am looking into other companies. This is what we need:

- no hassles - I would like to pay all possible insurances so if I hit something I don't have any out of pocket expenses. I know, this is not optimal but I prefer it that way.

- pick up and return at reasonable hours. There's a Hertz and Avis right by the train station/bus station in Oviedo ... I am leaning in that direction except for the expen$e, but pick up is 9:30 am, so we will need to pick up late the date before. Anyone open earlier/later? The airport location is too far.

- need around 300 KM - we will only have the car for the 71 km. from Oviedo to the Covadonga sanctuary.

-no surprises - sometimes I'd rather pay more than have any car mileage or other surprise from a smaller rental.

I saw the other recommendations in this forum and did not care for the companies mentioned.

Any stable car companies or other suggestions? We just need the car for one day. I may just be renting from Avis and getting it over with - but if there is a better opiton I would welcome hearing about it. Thanks.

3 Answers Apr 20, 2011 at 7:52 AM
    • The Oviedo Sudarium (Christ's blood stained cloth)

by Online Now Jan 17, 2010 at 2:00 PM

Does anyone know whether the Sudarium of the Oviedo cathedral is on public display, or is it kept away from view? I will be in the area soon and would consider visiting Oviedo just to have a look, but only if it is on display for the general public. Just curious.

Thank you

5 Answers Jan 19, 2010 at 1:18 PM
    • GaryLondon's Profile Photo

Car Hire

by GaryLondon Online Now Oct 18, 2007 at 7:12 AM

Is there a local car hire firm I can use (other than the usual suspects)in Ovideo or near airport. I need the car for four weeks and would rather give my money to a local car rental agent than a mulit national.

2 Answers Oct 21, 2007 at 8:10 AM
    • Estadio C. Tartiere tour?

by Montresta Online Now Mar 4, 2007 at 4:47 AM

Is it possible to visit Estadio C. Tartiere for a tour in weekdays?

I mean in day where there isn't game for Real Oviedo.

1 Answer Mar 6, 2007 at 6:38 AM
    • Teaching English and other questions.

by Pedrofski Online Now Jul 20, 2005 at 11:55 AM

Hi there. I am thinking of moving to Oviedo in September to come and teach English. It seems like an interesting beautiful city with lots to do and see.

- Does anyone know anything about the TEFL scene there? Lots of private schools? etc.
      - Are there any mountains nearby? I like to walk and climb.
      - Finally, is there anywhere to play snooker in Oviedo? I love that too!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
      Mucho gracias, Peter.

1 Answer Sep 29, 2005 at 5:46 PM
    • Oviedo with the Elderly

by Volatile Online Now May 20, 2004 at 7:17 PM

Any suggestions for sightseeing with parents who are 78 and 86, and are adverturous but have little stamina? We are going for a wedding in early June, and will only have a couple of days. We are driving from Oviedo to Nice, so any advice on the route would be welcome too. Thanks.

1 Answer May 20, 2004 at 7:28 PM
    • TinyTuck's Profile Photo

Fiesta San Mateo

by TinyTuck Online Now May 16, 2003 at 12:28 PM

Hi there! Who can tell me when exactly the Fiesta San Mateo will be this year? Until the 21st or 28th of September??? Thank you, Steffi P.S. Who else will be there?

6 Answers Jul 26, 2005 at 3:13 PM