Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• TRAVEL FROM OVIEDO TO SALAS

by MakisT Online Now Jul 5, 2014 at 11:22 AM

How travel from Oviedo to Salas?

1 Answer Jul 5, 2014 at 2:33 PM
    • Weekend in Oviedo

by Jskib Online Now Mar 28, 2014 at 4:25 AM

I am planning to visit the churches in Oviedo over a weekend visit. Will things be open on Saturday and Sunday to do this, or should I extend to Monday?

3 Answers Mar 30, 2014 at 2:03 AM
    • household goodds

by caroline1964 Online Now Jul 27, 2013 at 9:09 AM

can i buy household goods (duvet,pillows,pots and pans etc) for my daughter who is going to university in oviedo for a year and we cant carry everything from dublin?

4 Answers Jul 27, 2013 at 2:39 PM
    • philosykos's Profile Photo

July weather in Asturias....

by philosykos Online Now Jun 29, 2013 at 11:48 PM

I know weather can be cooler..What to expect towards end of July?? Ok a light jacket...but ae long trousers needed and closed shoes? Or can I just get away with a cotton jacket and summer clothes???Many thxs!

8 Answers Jun 30, 2013 at 7:33 PM
    • Denisoi's Profile Photo

what's the best bar?

by Denisoi Online Now Jun 25, 2013 at 7:04 AM

What's the best barin Oviedo? Can anyone recommend a cool place for a small bachelorette party?

1 Answer Jun 25, 2013 at 12:51 PM
    • Private tour in Oviedo

by set1821 Online Now May 23, 2013 at 10:56 AM

Can anyone recommend a private tour company for June 2nd, 2013. I will be on a cruise and the cruise makes a stop in Gijon Spain but I havent had any luck finding a private tour for 2 people.

2 Answers May 23, 2013 at 1:31 PM
    • philosykos's Profile Photo

Hotels/Pensions near Av Buenavista....

by philosykos Online Now Feb 28, 2013 at 8:25 AM

Can anyone tel me he closest hotels/pensiones near the Av Buenavista? Near the big Mall there..near that area.Many thxs!

• Local guides in Oviedo?

by mangaldan2 Online Now Oct 4, 2011 at 6:57 AM

Are there local tour guides in Oviedo? Can you recommend one?

4 Answers Oct 4, 2011 at 10:34 PM
    • A day trip to Picos De Europa

by mangaldan2 Online Now Oct 1, 2011 at 10:19 PM

I only have one day reserved to see the Picos. Are there tour companies taking tourists for a day trip to the Picos from Oviedo? Or is this something I have to do on my own using the buses? Thank u for your help.

• nomad7890's Profile Photo

Car hire without problems - to Covadonga

by nomad7890 Online Now Apr 19, 2011 at 9:58 AM

I have been researching transportation from Oviedo to Covadonga. alsa.es has buses but we would have to stay there longer than we want to spend there - so am looking at renting a car. I rented a car via Hertz in Malaga before, but am looking into other companies. This is what we need:

- no hassles - I would like to pay all possible insurances so if I hit something I don't have any out of pocket expenses. I know, this is not optimal but I prefer it that way.

- pick up and return at reasonable hours. There's a Hertz and Avis right by the train station/bus station in Oviedo ... I am leaning in that direction except for the expen$e, but pick up is 9:30 am, so we will need to pick up late the date before. Anyone open earlier/later? The airport location is too far.

- need around 300 KM - we will only have the car for the 71 km. from Oviedo to the Covadonga sanctuary.

-no surprises - sometimes I'd rather pay more than have any car mileage or other surprise from a smaller rental.

I saw the other recommendations in this forum and did not care for the companies mentioned.

Any stable car companies or other suggestions? We just need the car for one day. I may just be renting from Avis and getting it over with - but if there is a better opiton I would welcome hearing about it. Thanks.

Martha

3 Answers Apr 20, 2011 at 7:52 AM
    • The Oviedo Sudarium (Christ's blood stained cloth)

by eugene.uk Online Now Jan 17, 2010 at 2:00 PM

Does anyone know whether the Sudarium of the Oviedo cathedral is on public display, or is it kept away from view? I will be in the area soon and would consider visiting Oviedo just to have a look, but only if it is on display for the general public. Just curious.

Thank you

5 Answers Jan 19, 2010 at 1:18 PM
    • GaryLondon's Profile Photo

Car Hire

by GaryLondon Online Now Oct 18, 2007 at 7:12 AM

Is there a local car hire firm I can use (other than the usual suspects)in Ovideo or near airport. I need the car for four weeks and would rather give my money to a local car rental agent than a mulit national.

Thanks

2 Answers Oct 21, 2007 at 8:10 AM
    • Estadio C. Tartiere tour?

by Montresta Online Now Mar 4, 2007 at 4:47 AM

Hi,

Is it possible to visit Estadio C. Tartiere for a tour in weekdays?

I mean in day where there isn't game for Real Oviedo.

1 Answer Mar 6, 2007 at 6:38 AM
    • Teaching English and other questions.

by Pedrofski Online Now Jul 20, 2005 at 11:55 AM

Hi there. I am thinking of moving to Oviedo in September to come and teach English. It seems like an interesting beautiful city with lots to do and see.

- Does anyone know anything about the TEFL scene there? Lots of private schools? etc.
      - Are there any mountains nearby? I like to walk and climb.
      - Finally, is there anywhere to play snooker in Oviedo? I love that too!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
      Mucho gracias, Peter.

1 Answer Sep 29, 2005 at 5:46 PM
    • Oviedo with the Elderly

by Volatile Online Now May 20, 2004 at 7:17 PM

Any suggestions for sightseeing with parents who are 78 and 86, and are adverturous but have little stamina? We are going for a wedding in early June, and will only have a couple of days. We are driving from Oviedo to Nice, so any advice on the route would be welcome too. Thanks.

1 Answer May 20, 2004 at 7:28 PM
    • TinyTuck's Profile Photo

Fiesta San Mateo

by TinyTuck Online Now May 16, 2003 at 12:28 PM

Hi there! Who can tell me when exactly the Fiesta San Mateo will be this year? Until the 21st or 28th of September??? Thank you, Steffi P.S. Who else will be there?

6 Answers Jul 26, 2005 at 3:13 PM