can i buy household goods (duvet,pillows,pots and pans etc) for my daughter who is going to university in oviedo for a year and we cant carry everything from dublin?
I know weather can be cooler..What to expect towards end of July?? Ok a light jacket...but ae long trousers needed and closed shoes? Or can I just get away with a cotton jacket and summer clothes???Many thxs!
What's the best barin Oviedo? Can anyone recommend a cool place for a small bachelorette party?
Can anyone recommend a private tour company for June 2nd, 2013. I will be on a cruise and the cruise makes a stop in Gijon Spain but I havent had any luck finding a private tour for 2 people.
Can anyone tel me he closest hotels/pensiones near the Av Buenavista? Near the big Mall there..near that area.Many thxs!
Are there local tour guides in Oviedo? Can you recommend one?
I only have one day reserved to see the Picos. Are there tour companies taking tourists for a day trip to the Picos from Oviedo? Or is this something I have to do on my own using the buses? Thank u for your help.
I have been researching transportation from Oviedo to Covadonga. alsa.es has buses but we would have to stay there longer than we want to spend there - so am looking at renting a car. I rented a car via Hertz in Malaga before, but am looking into other companies. This is what we need:
- no hassles - I would like to pay all possible insurances so if I hit something I don't have any out of pocket expenses. I know, this is not optimal but I prefer it that way.
- pick up and return at reasonable hours. There's a Hertz and Avis right by the train station/bus station in Oviedo ... I am leaning in that direction except for the expen$e, but pick up is 9:30 am, so we will need to pick up late the date before. Anyone open earlier/later? The airport location is too far.
- need around 300 KM - we will only have the car for the 71 km. from Oviedo to the Covadonga sanctuary.
-no surprises - sometimes I'd rather pay more than have any car mileage or other surprise from a smaller rental.
I saw the other recommendations in this forum and did not care for the companies mentioned.
Any stable car companies or other suggestions? We just need the car for one day. I may just be renting from Avis and getting it over with - but if there is a better opiton I would welcome hearing about it. Thanks.
Does anyone know whether the Sudarium of the Oviedo cathedral is on public display, or is it kept away from view? I will be in the area soon and would consider visiting Oviedo just to have a look, but only if it is on display for the general public. Just curious.
Is there a local car hire firm I can use (other than the usual suspects)in Ovideo or near airport. I need the car for four weeks and would rather give my money to a local car rental agent than a mulit national.
Is it possible to visit Estadio C. Tartiere for a tour in weekdays?
I mean in day where there isn't game for Real Oviedo.
Hi there. I am thinking of moving to Oviedo in September to come and teach English. It seems like an interesting beautiful city with lots to do and see.
- Does anyone know anything about the TEFL scene there? Lots of private schools? etc.
- Are there any mountains nearby? I like to walk and climb.
- Finally, is there anywhere to play snooker in Oviedo? I love that too!
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Mucho gracias, Peter.
Any suggestions for sightseeing with parents who are 78 and 86, and are adverturous but have little stamina? We are going for a wedding in early June, and will only have a couple of days. We are driving from Oviedo to Nice, so any advice on the route would be welcome too. Thanks.
Hi there! Who can tell me when exactly the Fiesta San Mateo will be this year? Until the 21st or 28th of September??? Thank you, Steffi P.S. Who else will be there?