Ouro Prêto Travel Answers

change location
Traveler-from-NY's Profile Photo

Transfers from Belo Horizonte Airport to Ouro Preto

by Traveler-from-NY Online Now Nov 18, 2008 at 4:37 AM

I will be flying into Confins airport, and I need transfers to Ouro Preto. What are my options, and what is the approximate cost? I have decided against using my travel agent for transfers due to the fact they wanted to charge me 412.00 USD. I would prefer not to use the buses, but if the bus is my best option, will I be able to bring large suitcases on board?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Re: Transfers from Belo Horizonte Airport to Ouro Preto

by cassiovieggore Online Now Nov 18, 2008 at 9:42 AM

I had send some information to you but I realize now you got rid of it. Then I am suggesting another motion.
    Since you will arrive at Confins Airport, use a bus/taxi to be moved to Pampulha Airport (around 30Km far from Confins).
    Get a ticket in Pampulha Airport to São João d'El Rey.

voetrip.com.br/Voo.aspx?orig...

As you may watch on the upper link TOTAL is a brazilian airway that serves Belo Horizonte (Pampulha Airport) and São João d'El Rey.

http://www.total.com.br/

So, when you land on São João d'El Rey you may buy a bus ticket to Ouro Preto.
    UTIL serves both towns. I have called up to São João d'El Rey bus station and the clerk told me the timetable is: 02:50AM or 6:00PM and the fare is R$44,00.
    UTIL is a brazilian bus company. The clerk told me those UTIL buses will come from São Paulo city. That's why the hours are so surprising.
    Note: Most of brazilians don't understand english fine so if you have a reasonable spanish will be good for you. You will use conversation at the airports to buy tickets , and, on Ouro Preto/São João d'El Rey bus stations as well. São João d'El Rey is around 115Km far from Ouro Preto.

Good luck! Cassiovieggore

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Traveler-from-NY's Profile Photo

Re: Transfers from Belo Horizonte Airport to Ouro Preto

by Traveler-from-NY Online Now Nov 18, 2008 at 10:30 AM

Thanks for the responses so far. Another question. Has anyone used Tour Guide Brazil for a transfer. I found them on the Internet see link below.

tourguidebrazil.com/transfer...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines