Ouro Prêto Travel Answers

change location
englishman007's Profile Photo

Ouro Preto

by englishman007 Online Now Mar 7, 2005 at 12:51 AM

I'm hoping to get to Ouro preto from Rio. I hear there is one bus per day direct?Any ieas which company and what time of the day it leaves Rio? I need to get to Ribeirau Preto after that- is there a bus from Ouro preto to Ribeirau Preto does anybody know?
ANy nightlife in Ouro preto?
many thanks
Mike

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • RE: Ouro Preto

by evertrip Online Now Mar 7, 2005 at 9:35 AM

Viação Útil is the company that run buses from Rio de Janeiro to Ouro Preto direct. No idea about the time it leaves Rio de Janeiro but I guess it is a night bus. Contact Viação Ùtil by phone : Rio de Janeiro: (55) 21 253-3884 or Ouro Preto: (55) 31 3551-3166.

There are no direct service between Ouro Preto and Ribeirão Preto. The best way to reach Ribeirão is by taking three different buses: Ouro Preto-Belo Horizonte, Belo Horizonte-São Paulo and São Paulo-Ribeirão Preto. There are many buses a day in each leg of this journey.

There must be also buses from Belo Horizonte to Ribeirão Preto direct, you can check this at the Bus Terminal in BH.

There is also Ouro Preto - São Paulo, buses leaving at 7h05, 8h and 20h (viação Vale do Ouro).
    In these cases you take only two buses.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • englishman007's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Ouro Preto

by englishman007 Online Now Mar 7, 2005 at 4:46 PM

thank you Evertrip so much

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines