Oulu

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Getting to Kilpisjärvi

Kilpisjärvi Mar 23, 2014 at 10:06 AM

Does anybody know what the roads from Tromso to Kilpisjärvi are like to drive on in March? Thanks :)

more
    • Train Travel centre

Varkaus Apr 15, 2014 at 11:30 PM

I booked a ticket in Vr.fi to travel. But i do not know where is the terminal to get into the train.

more
    • santa trip, from glasgow?

Finland Yesterday

Hi all,

we want to take our 5yr old to Lapland to meet Santa. All the companies seem so expensive, especially for the 1 day. Is there a way to do it independently from Glasgow?

Thanks.

more
    • Airport Transfer

Helsinki Apr 6, 2014 at 2:22 PM

Could you assist in best transfer from Airport, to Radisson Blu Seaside Hotel,Ruoholahdenranta 3, Eteläinen Suurpiiri, 00180 Helsinki

more
    • 10 days in Finland by car

Finland Apr 12, 2014 at 5:36 AM

Hello!

we're 4 adults comming to Finland on 30.5-9.6 (10 nights).

day 1: we are landing at the Vantaa airport at 13:00 pm and renting a car for all days trip.
      after taking the car we'r driving to Lappeenranta and going to stay there for 1 night.

day 2: road trip to Koli national park. and spending the night at Kajaani.

day 3-4: driving to Rovaniemi and stay for 2 days

day 5: driving to Tampere for one night

day 6-10: Espoo- we booked 3 night at Scandic Hotel. at day 6 we're going to Kivenlahti Rock Festivaali. we can drive from Espoo to Turku by car and also visit in Helsinki.

can you please tell me if the planned trip is ok? there is more places we should visit? we can change the trip destinations except days 6-10 (we have already booked hotel and bought tickets to the festival).
      it would be great if you can recommend for places to visit at the cities we're going to visit (sights, nightlife, resturants, cheap hotels, and more...)

thank you!!

more
    • Pascom01's Profile Photo

Wellington Boots and Snow and Ice

Rovaniemi Apr 9, 2014 at 3:55 AM

Hi, are Wellington boots sensible footwear during December/January in Rovaniemi. they are obviously waterproof but will they be warm enough (with socks and the like of course). I suspect they would be slippery on snow, would that be correct? Or should I look at other waterproof footwear - We are coming from Australia and I have never had to consider this in the past - Thanks and Regards -- Malcolm

more
    • Best time to Visit

Rovaniemi Apr 6, 2014 at 2:51 AM

Hi,
      We are from Malaysia (tropical weather all year round) and planning to visit Scandinavia this year.
      My kids are big fans of Santa Claus and they have seen the photos of Rovaniemi and they want to visit Rovaniemi for sure.
      May I know what is the best time to visit Rovaniemi that we get to see snow and Santa Claus?
      Considering we are from Tropical countries, is it tough to adapt to the cold weather there?
      What's the best mode of transportation?
      When it snows, is it still possible to travel by flight?
      Hope to get your reply as we need to start planning our vacation soon!

Many thanks!

more
    • train travel

Helsinki Apr 5, 2014 at 5:41 AM

Is it safe to travel from helsinki to Kuopio by train late at night

more
    • Travel from turku

Varkaus Apr 16, 2014 at 2:35 AM

I need to travel from Turku to Varkaus on 20-04-2014 morning.. could you please suggest me the fastest way and cheapest commuter (bus/train)

more
    • Pascom01's Profile Photo

Driving in Rovaniemi in Winter

Rovaniemi Apr 9, 2014 at 3:48 AM

We are an Australian family of 8 spending a white Xmas in Rovaniemi from 20/12/14 to 27/12/14. Considering hiring cars as we have booked accommodation at Muurola. Given the time of the year, can you still drive around or is the area snowbound. do you need chains. is hiring cars possible/sensible? - regards Malcolm

more
    • heading to helsinki next week

Finland Apr 1, 2014 at 12:54 AM

hi. i m heading to finland for 12 days next week. fly in/out via helsinki. haven't got any plan yet. not even a hotel room is booked! i m thinking to head all the way north w/ small stops in between. any suggestion? thanks!

more
    • april in Oulu

Oulu Jan 21, 2014 at 8:37 PM

What is the weather like in Oulu,  Finland in mid- April, will there be things to do at that time of year?

4 Answers Feb 22, 2014 at 8:42 PM
    • Transport to Vimpeli

Vimpeli Jul 1, 2013 at 11:55 AM

How could I get from Helsinki to Vimpeli

1 Answer Jul 1, 2013 at 12:46 PM
    • dolofan catering

Oulu Jun 8, 2012 at 10:06 PM

Hello, I would like to know if there is a place called Dolofan catering in Oulu.
      Could somebody tell me what kind of food you can eat there, and please , what is the address?
      Thanx

1 Answer Jun 9, 2012 at 7:13 AM
    • Travel to oulu

Oulu Feb 24, 2012 at 5:53 AM

I need to get to oulu from helsinki. Is there an unconventional way to do it such as bout or ferry?

• Traveling by bus from Joensuu to Sortavala (Karelia - Russia)

Joensuu Aug 7, 2010 at 7:59 AM

Hello,
      Is there a bus schedule available for traveling by bus from Joensuu to Sortavala (Karelia - Russia) for September 2010?
      Thanks.
      Katerina

4 Answers Aug 9, 2010 at 8:27 PM
    • about swimming in the beach

Oulu Apr 14, 2008 at 11:45 AM

hi everybody!
      I'd jusk like to know if there are some swimming beaches in oulu and if there are already availible in the middle of May

thanks at everybody!

ledjoumi

3 Answers Apr 23, 2008 at 2:13 PM
    • Plane or Train?

Oulu Feb 4, 2008 at 4:07 PM

I'm flying in from Dublin tomorrow (Tuesday) into Helskinki. I can get a flight tomorrow night to Oulu, OR I could wait until the morning and get a train. Should I fly or is the train journey worth taking?

• gubbi1's Profile Photo

Shops to buy fish for dinner

Oulu Jan 24, 2008 at 3:27 AM

Hi, does anybody know where to buy fish for dinner. I heard that there is a possibility in the Markethall, but I am looking for alternatives.
      Thanks, Christian.

4 Answers May 16, 2008 at 7:55 AM
    • gubbi1's Profile Photo

Something comparable to swedish Lucia?

Oulu Nov 29, 2007 at 5:42 AM

Hi there!
      Is there something comparable to the Swedish Lucia in Finland? I will be in Oulu the 13th of December and just curious if you celebrate the day aswell.
      Thanks! Christian.

3 Answers Nov 30, 2007 at 5:01 AM
    • gubbi1's Profile Photo

Pubs for darts in Oulu

Oulu Nov 28, 2007 at 12:34 AM

Hi,
      are there any pubs where it is possible to play darts? I play E-dart, so not with steel tips. But if there is none, I would also be happy with steel darts.
      Let me know if there are dart teams in Oulu...
      Thanks, Christian.

2 Answers Nov 29, 2007 at 4:03 AM
    • gubbi1's Profile Photo

Furniture

Oulu Nov 12, 2007 at 2:51 AM

Hi,
      as I will be most probably in Oulu for some time, I am now trying to find out how to organize the living. Even though it is not completely fixed yet, I hope to have it easier then when gathering information earlier.
      My question is again (see my other post) about renting an apartment. I found out where to get an apartment, but it seems that they all have no furniture. That's comparable to Germany. So now I try to organize furniture. Is there a place where I can rent furniture for a year?
      If this is not possible, it seems that I will have to buy a 'set' of the most important pieces. I have seen secondhand shops in Gothenborg selling furiture. Do you have such a shop in Oulu?
      Thanks in advance,
      Christian.

3 Answers Dec 14, 2007 at 8:00 AM
    • gubbi1's Profile Photo

One year in Oulu ... preparations

Oulu Nov 8, 2007 at 5:58 AM

Hi,
      it looks like that I will be staying in Oulu from mid February on for a year due to business reasons. This is almost fixed. So to start somehow I have two questions and hope you might be able to help me:

1) Where can I find a webpage about rental appartments?
      2) Are there any evening classes to learn finnish? I want to learn at least the basics...

I will be a week up there in December.

Thanks in advance!
      Christian.

2 Answers Nov 9, 2007 at 12:16 AM
    • train station of OULU at night and left luggage

Oulu Jun 12, 2007 at 11:23 AM

Hi, I have to wait in Oulu at night from 23:41 to 5:41 so I'd like to know if the train station is open the whole night, if it's safe and if they have left lugagge or anything like that open to drop my things there.

Thanks

2 Answers Jun 15, 2007 at 12:53 AM
    • Oulu with 3 little girls

Oulu Jun 5, 2007 at 5:52 AM

I will be in Oulu in July 2007 with my 3 little girls. Can you suggest things to do in Oulu. They are 4,5, and 6 years old, All ideas much appricated thanks

• Maria_75's Profile Photo

Beach picture from Kalajoki, Finland

Kalajoki Mar 29, 2007 at 3:00 PM

HELP! Is there anybody out there who have been to Kalajoki and have some nice beach pictures from there?

I am currently working on a brochure about the westcoast of Finland, and I am in desperate need of a nice beach picture from Kalajoki.

By the way, I have never been to Finland, even though my greatgrandmother was born there. But now I would love to go, I never knew it was so beautiful there! :)

Maria

1 Answer Apr 1, 2007 at 11:03 AM
    • Travel from Helsiki to Joensuu

Joensuu Dec 13, 2006 at 5:38 AM

You mentioned by air is the best method. what airline did you use? What is the flight time?
      thanks

• Oulu -> Haparanda?

Oulu Nov 9, 2006 at 8:17 AM

Oi! :)

ive posted in the haparanda forums - for the 1 way to oulu solution but im wondeirng is there a easy way to get to haparanda from oulu airport? and wise versa since im living in haparanda and dont have a car at my disposal. so any good word or hints would really be appriciated!.

Lars

1 Answer Nov 13, 2006 at 11:13 AM
    • Travelling from airport to train station

Oulu Oct 11, 2006 at 3:15 AM

I need to get from the airport in oulu to the main train station to travel to Kemi. What stop on the number 19 bus do i need to get off at and what is the main station called?

Thanks

• is the linnanmaa bus stop at the airport

Oulu Aug 16, 2006 at 8:46 AM

my daughter is flying into oulu and will be met at the linnanmaa bus stop. will she require a taxi to get from the airport to that bus stop?

1 Answer Aug 21, 2006 at 4:19 AM
    • BroadBand Internet Access for 1 month

Kalajoki Apr 30, 2006 at 6:43 PM

Is it possible to secure broadband interent access
      in or very close to Kalajoki this summer (2006)
      for around 1 month?

Thanks

3 Answers May 1, 2006 at 11:29 AM
    • daily words

Kuusamo Jun 9, 2005 at 1:14 PM

Good evening!

Can somebody tell me or give me the adress of a site where i can find how to say hello, thank you, please, one, two, bye etc in finland? Really hope so!
      Yesterday i've heard i got a possibility to go to Kuusamo near the Russian border. I only stay two days :-( but i always like to be able to say some easy words... I'm leaving saturday 8 in the morning - so i have to learn these words by heart quickly...
      Thanks!

6 Answers Jun 9, 2005 at 3:16 PM
    • elsebeth's Profile Photo

I really need a person from Oulu's help

Oulu Aug 13, 2004 at 11:34 AM

I had a friend from there some time ago. she was studying in denmark and we became quite close and i eeven got invited to her wedding. then we drifted apart, but she posted a message on my homepage asking if I still had her emailadress, which I didnt. so I found it rather weird question. so I was wondering if there is anyway of finding a person from Oulo? I was trying to search online but obviously I dont speak finnish. So if anybody can help me finding her I would be forever grateful..

2 Answers Aug 17, 2004 at 3:12 AM
    • Joensuu -> St Petersburg by train

Joensuu Jun 7, 2004 at 4:44 AM

Hi Is it possible to get from Joensuu to St Petersburg by train? If I look on a map, I see a train line, but all the travel guides on St Petersburg speak about Helsinki. Do I really first have to go from Joensuu to Helsinki and then to St Petersburg? If it is possible to get from Joensuu to St Petersburg by train, can I book online? If so, where? Thanks Ken

2 Answers Jun 10, 2004 at 5:29 AM
    • Laamala's history?

Laamala Oct 27, 2003 at 12:18 PM

What is the history abaut Laamala? What kind of place is it?

1 Answer Oct 28, 2003 at 1:30 AM
    • JOENSUU; AURORA BOREALIS

Joensuu Sep 26, 2003 at 7:16 AM

DOES ANYONE KNOW THE BEST TIME TO WATCH AURORA BOREALIS IN JOENSUU? MONTH? TIME? AND CAN IT BE SEEN EVERYWERE IN FINLAND?

2 Answers Sep 30, 2003 at 5:00 AM