Ouarzazate Travel Answers

change location

Taxi between Marrakech to Ouarzazate

by lisao49 Online Now Mar 16, 2009 at 3:02 PM

Can you take a taxi between Marrakech and Ouarzazate? Cost and length of trip? Tks

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • angiebabe's Profile Photo

Re: Taxi between Marrakech to Ouarzazate

by angiebabe Online Now Mar 17, 2009 at 3:32 AM

There are grande taxis that go from Marrakech to Ouarzazate - that is 6 seats - you could have the whole taxi to yourself and buy all the seats for probably about 600 dirham - generally taxis and drivers can be rented for 500-600 a day anyway with meals paid for - but otherwise grande taxis is a popular form of longer distance transport between cities and leave when all seats are sold.

I would recommend if you dont want the whole taxi to yourself that you buy both front seat tickets and have that space to yourself along with the best viewing area - I travelled once in the back seat and even though I had a window its still hard to get photos of the amazing scenery along that route and generally the window winders are taken off so you cant wind the back windows down!

so you should be able to get the 2 front seat tickets for about 200 dirham. the taxis generally stop at Taddert for a half an hour pit stop (its a village which is really a 24 hour truck stop for quick meals - buy a cheap tagine, or barbecued meat with cumin, and excellent coffee or mint tea - stopped there many a time with my connections and taken my friends there and never had any problems) so generally the trip takes about 3 to 4 hours.

Have a roam around our VT pages as well for more handy hints and pics.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines