Ouarzazate Travel Answers

change location

TRAVELING FROM MARRAKECH TO OUARZAZATE

by redmarsh Online Now Feb 28, 2007 at 6:59 PM

TRAVELLING FROM MARRAKECH TO OUARZAZATE.
We are travelling from Marrakech to Ouarzazate and would like to fly or have an English speaking driver. Can anyone provide details of how long it would take in a car and the cost or what airline would fly between the 2 cities? What timetable and cost.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • JamalMorelli's Profile Photo

RE: TRAVELING FROM MARRAKECH TO OUARZAZATE

by JamalMorelli Online Now Feb 28, 2007 at 10:33 PM

Hello - as I said in my PM. I don't recommend a driver - And it's pointless as you can either rent a car, take the CTM or taxi. It would be like having a personal driver between Pittsburgh and New York.

Check Royal Air Maroc for the flights.

and the travel details on time, money, etc. can be found in their completeness on www.triotours.com which is a non-tourist site that offers travel info.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • angiebabe's Profile Photo

Re: TRAVELING FROM MARRAKECH TO OUARZAZATE

by angiebabe Online Now May 2, 2007 at 12:10 AM

Unless you want or need to be in Ouarzazate in a hurry with an agenda such as work without wanting to see one of the best drive routes then i would also like jamal recommend a car and drive so you can enjoy one of the best scenic routes in morrocco
    ouarzazate itself is not such a destination - its the locale around it that makes it an attraction - the ait benhaddou kasbah nearby, telouet a bit further which is along the road from marrakech and has its links with the taourirt kasbah in ouarzazate, and the tizintickha pass near there, the kasbahs and palmeraie around the skoura area, but surrounding ouarzazate is an interesting variety of attractive landscapes.
    it takes about two hours to drive marrakech to telouet and another hour and a half to ouarzazate.there are daily buses to telouet and from telouet grand taxis to ouarzazate.
    other than being an important centre for the district plus the film indistry theres not really a lot in ouarzazate itself other than the film studios, the taourirt kasbah, and some good cafes and shops to relax or meander around.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines