Ouarzazate Travel Answers

change location

Traveling from Marrakech to Ouarzazate

by princessch Online Now Jan 29, 2007 at 8:06 AM

I am traveling to Morocco in March. I will first be in Marrakech, then plan to travel to Ouarzazate, then Fes, then back to Marrakech. Can anyone give advice on the best way to travel between the cities? Particularly for the long distances like Ouarzazate to Fes? It is my understanding that hiring a chauffeur will be very expensive, and I don't feel comfortable renting a car and driving myself.

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • RE: Traveling from Marrakech to Ouarzazate

by flypeg Online Now Jan 30, 2007 at 3:03 PM

My husband and I are planning a similar trip the end of March. We'll be leaving Marrakech in the morning and traveling through the mountains, stopping in Ouarzazate for lunch and then on to the Dades Valley where we'll spend the night. The next morning we'll be travelling to Merzouga to spend the night in the desert, then on to Fes the following morning.

I figured hiring a driver was going to be the best way to do this...I too am not interested in driving (I hear it can be a little nerve racking on some of the roads) I've looked into the cost of a driver, and from what I can tell, it will be around 100 dollars/day Canadian. The cost can be split if you have others in the vehicle with you..although I'm somewhat reluctant to do that as I want to be able to stop for pictures, lunch, sightseeing etc. along the way and I don't want to be stuck with a rigid agenda.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: RE: Traveling from Marrakech to Ouarzazate

by flypeg Online Now Jan 31, 2007 at 9:58 AM

I would like contact information for an English speaking driver if you've got it....also, is this something that needs to be booked ahead of time?..or can I just make arrangements from our riad in Marrakech?

• JamalMorelli's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Traveling from Marrakech to Ouarzazate

by JamalMorelli Online Now Jan 31, 2007 at 10:54 AM

Hello Trvel poeples,

I have friend one driver for me no too badly. He is cute luxurious and englsh speaker, Moha.

If want for me one friend, I love helping people blond black or any luxury. As you like.

email me at hamar1500@yahoo.fr for pricesing.

• JamalMorelli's Profile Photo

by JamalMorelli Online Now Jan 31, 2007 at 10:59 AM

I'd thought I'd pass the above post along - just doing a friend a favor.

OP: Take the CTM from Ouarzazate to Marrakesh.
    Then take the train from Marrakesh to Fes. (1st class)

Fes - Marrakesh: Train.

Essentially, everything that ashille said above.

Don't drive, don't hire, don't bother with renting. Do the above - the train is a lovely ride, and the Supratour or CTM ride is completely enjoyable.

• aegialichick's Profile Photo

by aegialichick Online Now Feb 1, 2007 at 3:11 PM

i was also thinking of doing this trip,Jamal, I hope everyone in Morocco has your humour, thanks

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines