Ouagadougou Travel Answers

change location
LGG51's Profile Photo

Accomodation and bus

by LGG51 Online Now Sep 25, 2012 at 4:09 AM

Hi Anyone have a tip very the bus station from Lomé and to Niaemy is situated in Ougadogou. And a cheap hotel in Ouagadogou

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • lotharscheer's Profile Photo

Re: Accomodation and bus

by lotharscheer Online Now Sep 25, 2012 at 1:08 PM

One of the cheapest (central but not much comfort, have a look at my page) in Ouagadougou is Hotel Zaaka, Ave Yennenga, 2 blocks south of the Grande Mosquee. If you use a shared taxi give as direction first Grande Mosquee, then Hotel Zaaka (shared taxi in Ouagadougou, the first customer gives the general direction, the following passengers are taken if the detour is not too big, very reasonable).
    There are a lot of bus stations in Ouagadougou, and appearently the good bus companies have their own station. For Niamey Gare de´l Est, E4 and Rue 27.31, had only rotten buses, where Sonef (i think they go also to Lome, but maybe only once per week, there are few buses in that direction) has quite good buses and the station, much more central, 2 or 3 blocks north of the train station.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • LGG51's Profile Photo

by LGG51 Online Now Sep 25, 2012 at 1:15 PM

Thanks, very useful information.
    From time to time it seems I have to give brides to officals. What is the usual amount of money, in dollar?

• lotharscheer's Profile Photo

by lotharscheer Online Now Sep 25, 2012 at 3:43 PM

Last winter i went all over West Africa, the only place where we was asked for a bribe was in Nigeria (border to Benin), after some time of arguing neither me nor my travel companion had to pay (about € 10 was asked). In Ghana i was as well asked for money, but there they deserved it, quite a lot was stolen from me and i got back everthing.
    In case you drive with your own car, things are different, Senegal customs for instance wanted € 200 from some people.

• DAO's Profile Photo

by DAO Online Now Oct 1, 2012 at 1:10 PM

That is good advice. Please do not give any money/gifts/bribes. Burkina Faso doesn't get that many tourists and you wouldn't want to start that sort of culture. If you are ever asked for a 'gift', pretend to not understand or explain that you have hearing problems. If they persist explain you only have cards and need an ATM.

When I was waiting for my visa at the B.F. embassy in Accra, they played a video on the tv. To the sound of music the video sand about their stable government, lack of corruption and friendliness to Tourists. I found all the government officials there polite, professional and efficient. Not what I found at the last UK and USA borders I entered.

Have a great time.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Ouagadougou