change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• capability's Profile Photo

old writers club in Little France

Strasbourg Jun 29, 2015 at 3:20 PM

As you walk towards Little France ( from ? NW) and just before the half timbered houses begin there is a vegetarian olde worlde cafe. There were pictures of some famous writers on the wall of the stairway leading to an upper floor. Apparently some rich benefactor had put forward money for a writers club to have its meetings there. I think this was in the 1800s or early 1900s but could be earlier. I can't remember the name of the place or the full history. Anyone help?

more
    • Base at Kaysersberg or Turckheim?

Alsace Jun 18, 2015 at 7:08 PM

Hi there!

My boyfriend and I will be travelling to Alsace region in the last week of November. We will be training from Paris to Strasbourg or Colmar, and work our way north or south. The places that we hope to visit are Strasbourg, Colmar, Villages (Eguisheim, Riquewihr, Kayersberg, Turckheim), Europa-Park and Frieburg. We have about 10 days, and will be renting a car from Strasbourg or Colmar (depending where we arrive from).

Our current itinerary is as follows:
      Day 1: Paris-Strasbourg (Arrive in noon)
      Day 2: Strasbourg
      Day 3: Strasbourg-Rust(Europa-park), arrive in the evening
      Day 4: Europa-Park
      Day 5: Rust-Frieburg (Arrive in noon)
      Day 6: Freiburg-Kayersberg/Turckheim (Arrive in evening)
      Day 7/8/9: Explore Egusheim, Colmar, Riquewihr
      Day 10: Colmar-Paris

Will the above plan be ok?

Also, will Kayersberg or Turckheim make a better base from Day 6-10? We are looking for a place hat is less touristy, has several restaurans and a market/grocery store nearby so that we can cook, and with friendly neighbours of course!

Thank you very much!
      Amanda

more