change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Kipling Subway station parking and Wilson Subway Station Parking

Toronto 4 hours ago

Hello
      I was wondering about the safety of the TTC subway station parking lots, especially the ones stated above. My family had been through a bad experience with a car break in (smashed window) and was wondering about if there are many car break-ins/thefts at these parking lots? Also are there security guards/police officers around these parking lots? I know people break into cars when they see something and I will try not to keep any valuables in my car and no item in plain sight.

more
    • Kipling Subway station parking and Wilson Subway Station Parking

Toronto 4 hours ago

Hello< I was wondering about the safety of the TTC subway station parking lots, especially the ones stated above. My family had been through a bad experience with a car break in (smashed window) and was wondering about if there are many car break-ins/thefts at these parking lots? Also are there security guards/police officers around these parking lots? I know people break into cars when they see something and I will try not to keep any valuables in my car and no item in plain sight.

Here are some links I've looked up

1. yelp.ca/biz/kipling-subway-s...
      2. thestar.com/opinion/columnis...
      3. forums.redflagdeals.com/psa-...
      more
    • Accommodations

Pelee Island Apr 11, 2014 at 10:36 AM

My boyfriend and I are planning to stay on Pelee Island for a weekend in May. What type of accommodation would you suggest ... one of the inns/motels or a cottage (we aren't really B & B people). If you have any recommendations that would be ideal for a couple, I would appreciate hearing from you.

Thank you!

Cin

more
    • Buses from Buffalo Airport to Toronto Downtown after 10 pm

Toronto Apr 6, 2014 at 10:44 AM

Hi,
      My flight will land Buffalo airport at 9.45 PM. And I need to come to Toronto downtown from Buffalo airport. The last greyhound bus from Buffalo to toronto is at 9.30 pm. And next bus is 3 am next day.

Cab you guys please suggest me what are the other cheapest option to come to toronto after landing buffalo at 9.45 pm?

Thanks in advance.

more
    • Jack5750's Profile Photo

YYZ - AHU - KUL

Toronto Mar 20, 2014 at 3:02 PM

Hi guys, how are all doing? Well I have a quick question as this is my first time flying in 14 yrs. I am going to Kuala Lumpur from Toronto. I am flying with Etihad Airways and it stops at Abu Dubai for 6 hrs.. Do I have to clear customs, and pick up my luggages when I land? What is the procedure in Dubai since the stop over is for 6 hrs? I appreciate all your help and as much answers would be helpful. Thank you all and have a nice day.

more
    • Layover in Canada

Toronto Mar 28, 2014 at 1:54 PM

I have a 1 hr layover at Toronto to connect my flight to Copenhagen, is that amble time to make my connecting flight?

more
    • Muslim Woman visiting Canada

Windsor Mar 23, 2014 at 11:18 AM

Hi! I'm a young Muslim woman from Dubai, UAE coming to Canada with my brother for approximately 15-20 days on vacation in June. I've never been to Canada before so I'm really excited but apprehensive at the same time because I wear the Islamic face-veil. (Although I've heard Canadians are nice people and are more open to other cultures) Windsor is one of our stops. Do you think I'll have a problem with wearing the veil in Windsor? I understand people might be curious and stare but I don't want to face any harassment. I plan to wear coloured ones to try and blend in a little.

Thanks! :)

more
    • Places to visit close to Ottawa

by TravellingCA Online Now Dec 29, 2013 at 6:28 AM

Hi guys,

I'm visiting Ottawa and was wondering if there are any nice places to visit close to Ottawa somewhere in nature. It would be nice to be by a lake at a cozy coffee place with nice views or something similar. Thanks in advance for your suggestions and happy holidays!

Cheers,

TravellingCA

3 Answers Dec 31, 2013 at 1:12 PM
    • Susan.14's Profile Photo

Pub for large group

by Susan.14 Online Now Sep 9, 2013 at 2:37 PM

Flying in from Seattle for a bit of a high school reunion. We are in our 50's and want to meet in a pub @ 4ish on a Saturday in October (not the long weekend). People will be driving in from all parts of the area like Orleans, Nepean, South Grenville. Looking for a place that has easy parking, easy to get to and good pub food. There will be 14 to 20 of us. I have tried Irene's but they cannot take a large group. Was thinking of Pub Italia or Prescot...suggestions are welcome. Prefer to avoid chain pubs.

Thanks,
      Sue.

5 Answers Sep 20, 2013 at 3:38 AM
    • Best time to travel by train to Toronto from Ottawa

by Micki5208 Online Now Jul 30, 2013 at 7:07 AM

In September, on which days are the Ottawa-Toronto trains the least busy and least crowded, where my chances of having no passenger next to me are highest? I assume Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays would be most busy, but perhaps Mondays as well? Thanks.

1 Answer Jul 30, 2013 at 8:27 AM
    • Best time to travel by train to Toronto from Ottawa

by Micki5208 Online Now Jul 30, 2013 at 7:03 AM

In September, on which days are the Ottawa-Toronto trains the least busy and least crowded, where my chances of having no passenger next to me are highest? I assume Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays would be most busy, but perhaps Mondays as well? Thanks.

1 Answer Jul 31, 2013 at 12:40 PM
    • jerseyboy88's Profile Photo

Toronto to Montreal Via Rail

by jerseyboy88 Online Now Jun 27, 2013 at 10:35 AM

Hey guys I am about to book a one way ride from Toronto To Montreal. I see a layover in Ottawa and see this as an option to see the city for a few hours before I continue to Montreal. Any suggestions on what to do to be able to have time walking around Ottawa? Maybe have lunch there? Thanks

6 Answers Jul 25, 2013 at 7:46 AM
    • Lost Car Key

by william22 Online Now Jan 2, 2013 at 10:06 PM

we start to travel with own car some times we lost our car key and trapped in lockout problem. we should know locksmith who can make duplicate car keys. which is best locksmith in ottawa area ?

7 Answers Apr 1, 2014 at 5:49 AM
    • Question about weather in Ottawa

by Fang258 Online Now Oct 17, 2012 at 2:29 AM

Hi,I'm a Chinese student. I wonder if the winter in Ottawa is extremely cold because I'm interested in entering U of Ottawa for undergraduate programs,but I heard that the temperature can be -40 degree(Celsius) in winter.....That's why I hesitate.....Plus,what about the winter in Calgary?Colder or warmer than that in Ottawa?Hope someone could offer me some information about this.Thx~ :)

8 Answers Dec 9, 2012 at 1:04 PM
    • getting around by taxi

by draymond Online Now Aug 24, 2012 at 10:17 AM

Hi,
      I will be in Ottawa for a few day to drop my son off to University. Is it a good idea to rent a car to get around, or is it easy to manage with taxi's and other public transport. Thanks in advance.
      DJR

3 Answers Sep 16, 2012 at 8:24 PM
    • PLaces to stay with a kitchen

by hi09 Online Now Aug 2, 2012 at 11:26 AM

Hey folks, me and my family 4 adults + 2 kids want to visit Ottawa towards the end of August.

We want to make it a 3-4 day trip. As my wife is 4 months preg, and my elder mom who is not that easly mobile (can walk but not extremely long periods of time), i am trying to get some suggestions on what to do adn check out. We defo want to check out the parliment buildings, and go on the bus tour that goes into the water. But other then that can anyone suggest some ideas? are there any hidden gems?

from an accomodations point of view, what would be awesome is if we can find a chalet or some sort of residence with a kitchen....if anyone has any suggestions on that it would be great too.

we are just coming up from Toronto so not too far....thx

1 Answer Aug 2, 2012 at 5:34 PM
    • where to buy movie DVDs in Ottawa

by jacksmith2012 Online Now Jul 4, 2012 at 3:39 AM

Hi,
      I will be in Ottawa next week for about a week. I would like to know a plce where I can buy movies DVDs esecilly foreign like Italian and French and Japansese DVDs.
      Thanks for your reply
      Jack

1 Answer Jul 5, 2012 at 12:26 PM
    • travellingtechie's Profile Photo

Things to do and places to see in Ottawa?

by travellingtechie Online Now May 18, 2012 at 3:22 PM

Hi All!

I will be in Ottawa tomorrow and the day after. Could you please tell some of the best places to see and things to do in Ottawa? I understand that the Tulip Festival and Parliament Hill tours are a few must-do's. But I dont know how the tulip festival works and if there are any particular gardens which need to be seen or are there tulips all over the city?

Also any suggestions about off-the-beaten-path things/places in Ottawa are highly appreciated!

Thanks so much!

TT!

8 Answers May 22, 2012 at 3:06 PM
    • Trip in May

by nannyy2k36 Online Now Feb 14, 2012 at 7:04 AM

We are planning a trip in May to Ottawa. We Would like to stay near the downtown area.

5 Answers Feb 14, 2012 at 12:50 PM
    • Neednwell located moderate cost hotel in Ottawa

by ekabl Online Now Jul 12, 2011 at 9:27 AM

Husband and I will visit Ottawa in August for the first time and want to stay close to the interesting things to see and do. If using public transportation is necessary, then we would also like to be near it.
      Please recommend moderate cost hotels and best things to do and see during 3-4 day visit.
      Thanks.
      MBL

3 Answers Jul 12, 2011 at 5:35 PM
    • pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo

A quick evening meet next week

by pieter_jan_v Online Now Jun 16, 2011 at 10:29 AM

Last minute news: I'll be in Ottawa again next week.

I could have a quick meet with locals on Tuesday-, Wednesday- or Thursday night.
      Tuesday may be the best option (looking at the weather forecast).

PJ

2 Answers Jun 16, 2011 at 10:11 PM
    • restaurant recommendation

by yanifah Online Now Feb 14, 2011 at 1:37 PM

I will be visiting Ottawa for the first time in a couple of weeks and I am looking for recommendations on places to eat. I'm open to most cuisines and love trying new things. Anything delicious will do! Unfortunately, I know very little about Ottawa, so I would appreciate any advice.

Thank you in advance!

13 Answers Feb 15, 2011 at 7:11 PM
    • Hotel rather than Driving for a 19 yr old

by Annie447 Online Now Jan 4, 2011 at 4:19 PM

DOes anyone know any hotels in Ottawa where you don't have to be 21 to book a room? My son who is turning 19 will be celebrating his birthday in Ottawa and that means no driving. But do you think I can find a hotel for hom to stay at !

Any ideas?

Thanks

3 Answers Jan 6, 2011 at 3:45 AM
    • explore4passion's Profile Photo

Ottawa - Living cost & General queries for an immigrating guy/couple

by explore4passion Online Now Nov 22, 2010 at 3:34 AM

Hello Friends,
      Please guide on following queries : either for a single man (or a couple) immigrating to Ottawa on work-permit/Visa, a 1st time traveler to Canada. Simple living, eating habits : Vegetarian, non-smoker, non-alcoholic but essentially seeking TV, NET & Mobile-phone connectivity!
      1). Cost of quality & hygienic living, may not be luxurious but a decent one.
      2). Please indicate accommodation-cost separately single-bedroom + 1 Living & Dining room apartment, both - furnished or unfurnished, within the reasonable limits.
      3). Public transport & Gym, in close-vicinity, would be a preference-criteria for apartment location.
      4). Medical facilities : Is buying normal medicines from local pharmacists & Chemist shops, without any prescription, is common or it's prohibited and only to be sold on prescription, as per local law.
      5). Which are essential utilities that are suggested to be brought along (other than dresses, etc.) - with a view point of avoiding both - hassles & expenditure within 1-2 months of arrival.
      6). How is normally the social, as well as, sex-life of bachelors in the city.

...Lot of questions, isn't it ??? Even your part-replies are most welcome.
      Thanks, in advance, for helping me out !!!
      CHEERS !

7 Answers Nov 24, 2010 at 3:00 AM
    • Travelling with kids

by miccau Online Now Nov 4, 2010 at 6:19 PM

Any suggestions for a good, reasonably priced hotel. We are travelling with 2 small kids (3 years and 1 year). Only need it for two nights. The Travellodge has a water park which sounds great but the reviews were not so good..

1 Answer Nov 5, 2010 at 1:42 PM
    • hotel with room fireplace/tubs/pets??

by catmom4560 Online Now Nov 2, 2010 at 3:04 PM

I am having difficulty finding an Ottawa hotel with a fireplace in the room, AND some type of tub in the room,even a regular bathtub but preferrably a larger one, small dog friendly a plus, thank you!!! Trying to plan a romantic winter weekend for me, hubby, and our little 12 pound doggy. doggy can stay home if needed, but he would love to go too. thanks again.

2 Answers Nov 3, 2010 at 10:33 AM
    • Memorial room / turning of the page

by frankiebr Online Now Aug 9, 2010 at 12:22 PM

How woul I ro where wqould i find this on the internet ? I was told that there is something on the internet about the turning of the page . It is about the sorldires that have lsot there lives serving Canada .

3 Answers Aug 9, 2010 at 2:51 PM
    • list of YMC hotels lists

by Bhuban Online Now Aug 8, 2010 at 1:39 PM

please send me cheapest yms hotel lists of Ottawa wich is closet Carleton University.

Thanks

1 Answer Aug 8, 2010 at 2:13 PM
    • Car Rental at Train Station

by silorlando Online Now Aug 3, 2010 at 1:13 PM

Where is the closest car rental agency at the Ottawa Trenblay Rd. Train station

1 Answer Aug 3, 2010 at 1:41 PM
    • Changing of the Guard Parliament House Ottawa

by gannoni Online Now Jul 13, 2010 at 5:38 PM

What day, dates, and time does the Changing of the Guard ceremony occur After 9 Sept.

1 Answer Jul 13, 2010 at 6:26 PM
    • shaziafarooq's Profile Photo

Driving from Montreal to Niagara Falls

by shaziafarooq Online Now May 12, 2010 at 5:15 AM

After staying in Montreal for 3 nights in June, my husband and I are planning to drive from Montreal to Niagara Falls - I have not booked a hotel for the time we are on the road. Can anyone suggest good places to stop along the way. we will be on the road for two nights so any suggestions on where to stay the night.

I would like one of the hotels to be in Ottawa. - Where would be the best place to stay in ottawa?

Thanks in advance
      Shazia

5 Answers May 26, 2010 at 10:29 PM
    • Hello.. re: Train from Toronto to Ottawa

by Sedona22 Online Now May 7, 2010 at 11:24 AM

I plan to visit Ottawa in
      the summer some time
      June or July

Anyone here taken the train from Toronto
      Is it a nice trip and any tips

I will stay at a B and B
      downtown area

tks in advance

have not been to Ottawa in years

Sedona22

5 Answers May 9, 2010 at 12:40 PM
    • derekmacd's Profile Photo

few days in Ottawa

by derekmacd Online Now May 6, 2010 at 2:45 PM

I'm gonna be a few days in Ottawa in June. Wheres good to go at night for live music. Are there any places where Irish traditional music is played (session)
      Also can anyone tell me the best place to rent a bike for a few days.
      Many Thanks.

4 Answers May 7, 2010 at 3:23 AM
    • visiting Ottawa - please help

by realty Online Now Mar 19, 2010 at 8:17 PM

In mid-May my wife and I will spend one week visiting Ottawa and area. We'll be commuting by car from Cobden,
      approx. one hour North of Ottawa. Could you please suggest:
      * MUST NOT MISS (attractions, things to do, etc..)
      * Nice to see/do if there is time
      * Places to visit within 1 hour from Ottawa
      * Good-Value restaurants & typical dishes to try
      * Where to stay (hotels, B&B's, etc..)

I'm asking a lot. Thank you in advance.
      - gA

7 Answers Mar 20, 2010 at 5:18 AM
    • mcface's Profile Photo

Parking Downtown

by mcface Online Now Feb 2, 2010 at 9:09 AM

I will be in Ottawa from Friday Feb 12th to Monday the 15th. I will be staying at the Delta. Do i have any other options for parking downtown for the weekend to avoid paying the 26$ a day that the Delta charges? This trip will cost me an extra 104$ just to park my car that i will not be using.

5 Answers Feb 2, 2010 at 10:33 PM
    • Housing rental in/around Kanata

by mtandon Online Now Nov 14, 2009 at 11:13 AM

Hello All,

I am a student and will be moving to ottawa from BC in January for approx. a year. I will be working in the Kanata area, and would like to know if there are any areas around there where you would recommed I look for housing? I am looking in the MAX. upto600 dollar.

Also, is it better to just stay around there even though it might not have everything one might need, or go further away from the Kanata area but live closer to the central city: I understand there's a trade-off. I am not at all familiar with Kanata or Ottawa for that matter, so I could be incorrectly informed about the "Kanata might not have everything one might..."

Also, to look for housing: is craigslist the only tool or are there any other weblinks?

Thank you!

Mansi

7 Answers Nov 14, 2009 at 2:40 PM
    • The best rentals in Ottawa..Any suggestions!

by Edwin_Ruiz Online Now Sep 30, 2009 at 11:27 AM

Hi all, we are a group of young students who are planning to make a trip to Ottawa. None of us have been there and we do not want to be stranded in the city. We do have an option of hiring some professional travel agent, but as for now, can you please make some recommendations on the best places to stay there.
      Thanks in advance.

2 Answers Sep 30, 2009 at 1:39 PM