Ottawa Travel Answers

change location

PLaces to stay with a kitchen

by hi09 Online Now Aug 2, 2012 at 11:26 AM

Hey folks, me and my family 4 adults + 2 kids want to visit Ottawa towards the end of August.

We want to make it a 3-4 day trip. As my wife is 4 months preg, and my elder mom who is not that easly mobile (can walk but not extremely long periods of time), i am trying to get some suggestions on what to do adn check out. We defo want to check out the parliment buildings, and go on the bus tour that goes into the water. But other then that can anyone suggest some ideas? are there any hidden gems?

from an accomodations point of view, what would be awesome is if we can find a chalet or some sort of residence with a kitchen....if anyone has any suggestions on that it would be great too.

we are just coming up from Toronto so not too far....thx

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • GrumpyDiver's Profile Photo

Re: PLaces to stay with a kitchen

by GrumpyDiver Online Now Aug 2, 2012 at 5:34 PM

I would suggest you google Ottawa Suite hotels; these will have kitchens and would suggest you stay in the downtown area; that will make the commute easier for your wife and mother.

Lots of Ottawa related things on my Ottawa and Gatineau pages:

"Ottawa - Canada's Capital" - Ottawa by GrumpyDiver

"Gatineau Quebec" - Gatineau by GrumpyDiver

I assume your children are fairly young, so a few things I haven't written up yet:

The Agriculture Museum at the Central Experimental Farm has heritage farm animals; ususally of interest to the youngers.

The Canadian Museum of Civilization has the Children's Museum, which is something my daughters loved when they were young.

Changing of the Guard starts at 10:00 every day through the end of August - certainly worth while watching if you are in town and links in nicely with a visit to the Parliament Buildings. There is a sound and light show on Parliament Hill at night as well.

There are also the Aviation Musuem, RCMP Stables, Museum of Science and Technology, National Gallery of Canada and War Museum, Currency Museum.

Lots of other things too for 3 or 4 days.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines