Otok Krk Travel Answers

change location

Where to go?

by olgao Online Now Aug 12, 2006 at 1:25 PM

Hello,
My husband and I are arriving at Rijeka airport late on 15th September and don't really want to go to Rijeka- we'd rather stay on Krk. Any recommendations on where to go and how to get there? We would like to take an appartment, is our late arrival going to be a problem-I think we'd arive around midnight?
Many thanks

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • nani80's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Where to go?

by nani80 Online Now Aug 16, 2006 at 4:09 PM

Hi,

I don't think that would be problem, because you can stay in Omisalj or Njivice, which are situated just few kilometers from the airport.
    You can take a taxi or rent a car from the airport wherever you want to go.

But, you should try to find an apartment before your flight, on the internet, or somehow (maybe I can help you with that when you decide where do you want to stay). Even though you may find someone who will rent you an apartment, try to reserve one before, just to be sure that you'll have a place to sleep :-)

Hope you'll enjoy staying on island Krk!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: RE: Where to go?

by olgao Online Now Aug 17, 2006 at 5:18 AM

Thanks, I think I'd like to go to Malinska-visited there in May. Have found a lot of appartments on net, do the owners tend to wait for you to give you the keys?

• nani80's Profile Photo

RE: RE: RE: Where to go?

by nani80 Online Now Aug 17, 2006 at 6:18 AM

Well, they will probably wait for you, if not, they'll just leave the key in the door :-)
    But make sure to tell them you're arriving late; i'm sure they'll be friendly and full of understanding...

I'm sure you'll have wonderful time. In my opinion, September is the best time in the year to visit Krk - it's not crowded with tourists, the weather is usually still warm and sunny....

well, if you still have some questions, just ask!

Greetings from Rijeka!

• RE: RE: Where to go?

by olgao Online Now Aug 18, 2006 at 12:21 AM

Oh, thankyou sooo much for your info- can't wait to go and it's getting nearer!!!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines