Otok Krk Travel Answers

change location
Maurizioago's Profile Photo

Some info.

by Maurizioago Online Now Apr 25, 2006 at 8:27 AM

I'd like to know what town or village to choose as a base on the island.

How many days should you recommend to stay there. Foru or more?

What island to choose once you've seen some spots on Krk.

Thanks a lot for your replies.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • RE: Some info.

by elytocroatia Online Now Apr 26, 2006 at 7:36 PM

I have only been to the city of Baska on the island of Krk and I absolutely love this place. When were were there in July the beaches were packed really early but the water was clear and it has a sandy bottom. I have heard that Krk town is also very nice but we just took a day trip to Baska and it was a great place to be. Have a great trip!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • EPoodle's Profile Photo

RE: Some info.

by EPoodle Online Now Apr 27, 2006 at 4:08 PM

As I always say about Croatia, where you will go and what you should see, depends on your preferences. Croatia is full of diversities.

Krk? I would suggest you to rent a car if you have not one there or you are not by boat.
    The biggest town there is Krk. It is nice place and since there live majority of island's citizens, it is the most lively place during the year and you are near most of the spots. You must be aware that Croatian islands are quite calm places until summer. I would suggest you to have it as a base.

On the island Kosljun in the bay where village Punat is, there is Franciscan monastery (http://www.punat.hr/en/kosljun.htm). Daily, there are several boats that drive from the port of Punat. You arrive on Kosljun in 'minutes time'.

Cute village is Omisalj as well,
    tz-njivice-omisalj.hr/englis.... Nearby is a cave called Biserujka, tz-njivice-omisalj.hr/englis.... It is not very big, but it is nice to see.

Baska is nice place as well - http://www.tz-baska.hr/aboutus.html
    In Jurandvor, nearby, there is a stone-tablet with its Glagolitic inscription,
    isola-di-krk.net/croatia/lap....

Area of Vrbnik which is interesting village on the rock, is well known for production of wine Vrbnicka Zlahtina.

Area of Klimno is known for medicinal mud for the treatment of bone ache. I don't know if it is really medicinal, but people say so.

I think that 4 days are enough. I would be placed in Krk. One morning, I would go to Kosljun and in the afternoon to Jurandvor, Baska. The following day, I would go to Vrbnik, Biserujka and Omisalj. You would get a picture of the island and can decide where to come back perhaps.

What after Krk? How many days will you be in Croatia?

Enjoy!

• Maurizioago's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Some info.

by Maurizioago Online Now Apr 28, 2006 at 2:02 AM

I'm going to stay in Croatia for two weeks. After Krk? I don't know.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines