Otok Krk Travel Answers

change location

Holiday in Krk

by alain&irene Online Now Mar 12, 2004 at 11:09 PM

Hi, We are a family from Belgium. This year we decided to get the Holiday's in Croatie. It's the first time. We wanted a location nearby the sea, but with connection to visit inside the country. Thatfor we choose the island of Krk. We travell with a caravan. Is somebody know a good camping. Good for us = sympatic, the accomodation ok, Not a tric for tourist. What do you thing about a location on the island ??? And I'm also looking to get the first knowlege in the language. Can somebody help me. Thank you for any answer Alain

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • tinec78's Profile Photo

Re: Holiday in Krk

by tinec78 Online Now Mar 12, 2004 at 11:30 PM

Hi, I think Krk is quite popular in the last few years, so if you are trying to avoid the crowd you won't have much luck there, but still it is a very good destination you have chosen. Anybody who would ask me about Krk, I'd recomend Baska. It is probably the furthest away but very good still. You have two camping sites there, Bunculuka which is a FKK camp and the other that is , I think, called Zablace... Bunculuka is far better for a family stay as it offers a lot of shade, when the other one has no... both have long beaches and other beaches accessable on foot. The little town of Baska is also a nice walk away from both. There is also Njivice... my parents used to take me there when I was a child, before they discovered Baska... in my opinion it isn't as nice, but still a nice place to stay. Traveling the island I alos liked the camp in Silo, I think it's a bit more expencive then the rest but I actually liked it a lot. For a short stay I once stayed in a camp called Glavotok, it is quite small and pleasant, but also qute hard to find I am afraid... and the next town is qute a drive away. Punat is nice too. Still, I am sure some of the vt members have pages on Krk, try those and check this web site it might be of some help. http://www.krk.hr/ Tina

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines