Otok Brac Travel Answers

change location
kia81's Profile Photo

Ferry to Brac

by kia81 Online Now Apr 15, 2009 at 8:22 AM

Dear all,

I would like to know if there is the possibility to take a ferry from makarska to Brac taking our own car or the only solution is leaving from Split.

Thanks in advance!

Quote & Answer
9 Answers
  • bekerovka's Profile Photo

Re: Ferry to Brac

by bekerovka Online Now Apr 15, 2009 at 9:13 AM

Hy,
    Yes, there is. You take ferry in Makarska and you land in Sumartin on Brac island. All informations here: jadrolinija.hr/default.aspx?...
    Ciao, Marco

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • dino335's Profile Photo

by dino335 Online Now Apr 15, 2009 at 9:26 AM

Hello: There is no car ferry at Makarska. Stopped there on the way to Dubrovnik last fall. Also checked in my Fodor's Guide. You can check schedules here: jadrolinija.hr/default.aspx?... (this site confirms no ferry form Makarska.

• dino335's Profile Photo

by dino335 Online Now Apr 15, 2009 at 9:34 AM

Sorry, other answer is correct. I was looking at Makarska - Supetar

• bekerovka's Profile Photo

by bekerovka Online Now Apr 15, 2009 at 9:36 AM

Very strange: I simulated on the site the round trip Makarska-Sumartin and there wasn't problem: 6 ferries to go, 6 to back...

• TheWanderingCamel's Profile Photo

by TheWanderingCamel Online Now Apr 15, 2009 at 10:08 AM

The ferry from Makarska takes 30 minutes to cross to Sumartin, it's a really good option if you're driving up from Dubrovnik - we'll be doing it ourselves in June - or staying somewhere south of Split. Just be sure to be in Makarska in plenty of time to put your car in the queue for the ferry you want to catch.

• kia81's Profile Photo

by kia81 Online Now Apr 15, 2009 at 1:32 PM

Thanks to everybody!
    I needed this info because I will travel through Bosnia the first week of holiday leaving from Bergamo we will stop in Plitvice lakes, then Sarajevo, then Mostar, then Kravice waterfalls, Neretva.

Then I will spend one week in Brac so it would be better to take the ferry in Makarska, I will save 1 hour!!

Thanks again!!

PS: any suggestions for the accomodations in Brac? I would prefer Bol or Murvica.

• kia81's Profile Photo

by kia81 Online Now Apr 15, 2009 at 1:41 PM

I have checked...that line from Makarska to Supetar is working until end of May. In August it doesn't work...

:-((

• TheWanderingCamel's Profile Photo

by TheWanderingCamel Online Now Apr 15, 2009 at 5:20 PM

Murvica's just a tiny hamlet, 5km from Bol, at the end of a partially unmade road - more a place to visit that to stay. I don't even know if there is any accommodation there.

Bol has heaps of accommodation, though if you want a week in August I'd start booking now -it's Brac's most popular holiday destination. Are you looking for an apartment, a room in a house or a hotel room? Try googling "Bol accomodation" - you'll find plenty to choose from. If you're looking for a house or an apartment, start with http://www.cvitanic.info/index.htm . We've stayed in their places twice already and are going back again this year. The website will show what availability there is. Prices are all very similar around the town.

It's 29 kilometres from Sumartin to Bol on a good road, though the last part has lots of bends as it comes down to the coast - drive carefully.

You might like to take a lok at my Brac page "Coming home to Brac" - Otok Brac by TheWanderingCamel
    for more about Bol and Brac in general

• Re: Ferry to Brac

by diocletianvs Online Now Apr 16, 2009 at 9:05 AM

To clear things about this ferry: it runs all year round! End of May is the end of "Low season" and beginning of Jadrolinija's "High season" ferry timetables.

Table Low season: jadrolinija.hr/pdfs/638.0809...
    Table High season: jadrolinija.hr/pdfs/638.09.e...

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Otok Brac