Otok Brac Travel Answers

change location
marktynernyc's Profile Photo

boat taxi service from Bol to Jelsa?

by marktynernyc Online Now Jul 23, 2005 at 5:40 AM

Checking ferry schedules the connection from Bol to Jelsa is at 5 pm. I remember when visiting Bol ( from Hvar) a few years ago, seeing a boat taxi service advertised - I think leaving Bol at 9 am, going to Jelsa.

Does anyone know if there is a boat taxi service available from Bol to Jelsa? And the cost. I would really like to avoid having to go back through Split or having to leave Bol one day early.

Thanks for the help.

Quote & Answer
13 Answers
  • CyberCroat's Profile Photo

RE: boat taxi service from Bol to Jelsa?

by CyberCroat Online Now Jul 25, 2005 at 6:09 AM

Jelsa site lists several boat taxis that go to Bol (well, guess they have to go back).

Boat taxi services: Andrija, Dani, Zdrava.

Here's the contact email for Jelsa tourist office, maybe they can help with more precise info:

info@tzjelsa.hr

Phone:
    +385 21 761 918
    (tried to call, but no answer, guess they’re taking their afternoon nap)

jelsa-online.com/_en/usluge....

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • marktynernyc's Profile Photo

RE: RE: boat taxi service from Bol to Jelsa?

by marktynernyc Online Now Jul 25, 2005 at 8:01 AM

thanks for the suggestion - I'll definitely look at their website. I emailed a tour company in Bol that does a daily boat service between Bol and Jelsa - 120 kn round trip - leaving at 9 am, returning at 6 pm.

once again - thanks.

• KristaB's Profile Photo

by KristaB Online Now Jul 26, 2005 at 4:16 AM

WOAH! 120 kn round trip!!! my husband just showed up in Bol and sat in one taxi boat and paid 300 kunas to get to Jelsa one way!

BTW Mark: Konoba Humac and Konoba Vrisnik are very good
    and I've discovered one really special wine producer in Jelsa, family Dubokovic, house just behind/across the street from Dalmacijavino Jelsa, road towards Hvar, the left of two identical grey stone houses. You have to go there and sample those wines while talking to the son of the family, Ivo Dubokovic. I was lucky to be there with another VTer JohntheFinn who knows stuff about wines so the conversation was really enlightening.
    I bought some premier cru, some barrique, then some grappa with infused rose petals and another infusion with carrob but without the seeds!

have a lovely time on Hvar!

by marktynernyc Online Now Jul 26, 2005 at 11:03 AM

Krista - Thanks for the tips. Last year I was thinking of going to Vis from Hvar and a boat taxi one way was100 US (eeekkk!!!). I'm starting to get excited about Croatia this September - a good friend decided last week to join me and find out why I keep going back. I was planning on staying in a cute stone house in Stari Grad but we're now renting an apartment in Hvar Grad (being that it is his first time to Croatia). Once again - thanks for tips. Take care.

by marktynernyc Online Now Jul 27, 2005 at 6:30 AM

Krista - There is a restaurant in Pitve, which is near Jelsa, called Knoba Dubokovic. I've become acquaintences with Frankie Dubokovic, who lives in Jelsa. I wonder...I'm sure there are many Dubokovic families.

by KristaB Online Now Jul 27, 2005 at 3:11 PM

I heard about that konoba but had no opportunity to check it out this time. Yes, there are many Dubokovic families on Hvar and I don't know if these two are related.

Since you mentioned you were planning a trip to Vis once, Sem Marina now has a special Excursions schedule, you can go to Vis and back from Hvar town (main pier, left side of the harbour) on Mondays:
    sem-marina.hr/eng/izleti/izl...

But of course, there's always more to discover on Hvar, this time for me it was Humac - an abandoned village, the owner of Konoba Humac is a great guide and told us so much about it's interesting past and customs + they serve delicious food, they grow vegetables in their own garden, wonderful views towards Brac and Makarska.

by marktynernyc Online Now Jul 30, 2005 at 5:57 AM

Krista -
    I was looking at my Hvar map - Humac near Vrboska or Humac near Poljica?

by KristaB Online Now Jul 30, 2005 at 6:16 AM

I don't have a map at hand right now but it's Humac from Jelsa towards Sucuraj, right turn when you see a sign Humac, maybe 15-20 min drive from Jelsa. I have their phone number on the boat in Milna (if you want to order food baked under "peka" cylinder you have to call them a day in advance), going there tomorrow, will send you when I return. They also organize visits to nearby Grapceva cave (approx. 30 minutes hike) 3 times per week.

by marktynernyc Online Now Jul 30, 2005 at 6:57 AM

thanks Krista. If you could get me the number that would be great - it sounds just like the tucked away place I could surprise my friend with as we tool around the island on scooters. thanks.

by marktynernyc Online Now Jul 30, 2005 at 12:28 PM

When you say Milna - are you on Brac right now? If you are - besides Gust in Bol, Vinotoka in Supetar - any knoba/taverna recs for Brac? Any places in Milna? Thanks for all your help.

by KristaB Online Now Jul 30, 2005 at 12:33 PM

I'm at home in Ljubljana, leaving tomorrow (Sunday) evening by ferry from Rijeka to Split and then to Milna, I will ask our friends there about good places to eat - they always prepare a feast for us so I never got the chance to eat in any restaurants there! :o)

by marktynernyc Online Now Jul 30, 2005 at 3:39 PM

Krista - Safe journey and enjoy your holiday!

by marktynernyc Online Now Sep 17, 2005 at 5:17 AM

Just got back from Brac & Hvar. My friend and I took an excursion from Bol to Hvar, one way. ( I wanted to do the excursion from Bol to Jelsa because it's quicker but it was my friend's first time to Croatia and he wanted to arrive to Hvar from the sea) Anyway - I think the sign said 120 kn to Hvar (compared to Jelsa - 70 kn) - took about 2 1/2 hours (45 minutes to Jelsa). When we got to Hvar - the captain only charged us 80 kn per person, luggage included. As far as I could tell- all the excursions leave at 9 am.

If you're looking for a way to get to another island without having to take the ferry back to Split then out again - this is a good solution.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Otok Brac