Otaru

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Hakone Free Pass... to buy or not to buy

Hakone Apr 13, 2015 at 10:51 PM

I am coming to Hakone in an all inclusive bus tour from Tokyo with my family of 4. After that I will be staying at the Gora Onsen Karakara for two nights. Do I still need to purchase a Hakone Free Pass?

more
    • From cruise port to monorail station

Okinawa Apr 10, 2015 at 2:15 AM

What is the nearest monorail station from the cruise port? Is taxi the best way to get there?

more
    • Night bus travel from Hakone to Tokyo

Hakone Apr 28, 2015 at 10:59 AM

hi there, I need some guidance on getting a night bus from Hakone to Tokyo. Any website for further reference?

more
    • Where to stay in Hakone?

Hakone Apr 20, 2015 at 4:43 PM

Hi i will be travelling from Tokyo to Fukui with some friends in November and would be staying overnight in Hakone. Would love to experience the ryokan/onsen with a private option if available. Any recommendations ? Somewhere easy to get to and easy to get back to the train station to continue our journey

more
    • amiya's Profile Photo

Travelling to sightseeing spots around Fukui

Fukui-ken Apr 17, 2015 at 6:46 PM

I am planning on visiting Fukui prefecture next month and it seems that there are many interesting places however they are quite dispersed from each other. How easy is it to travel in Fukui? Is there a sight-seeing bus or something similar? Thanks.

more
    • Tokyo-Hakone-Disney

Tokyo Apr 24, 2015 at 3:26 AM

Hi, I will be travelling to Tokyo with young kids. Is it too adventurous to try to go to Hakone and stay a night in a ryokan from Tokyo then come back the next day to check in to a Disney hotel? this is assuming I use Takuhaibin to send our baggage from the Tokyo hotel to Disney and then travel light to Hakone. Will it still be challenging with young kids?

Thanks for any advice!

more
    • SummerHighlandFalls's Profile Photo

Superstores & Discount stores in Tokyo

Tokyo Apr 20, 2015 at 3:23 AM

Hi,
      Are there any large supermarket style superstores in Tokyo that sell a varied range of goods - I'm thinking of stores similar to Walmart in the US or Tesco in the UK, I realise that these type of stores might be on the outskirts of the city, but If it is close to a subway or train station that would be great
      I'm not looking for anything in particular, I just wan't to have a look around at the different products available in Japan.
      Also, are there any other large discount style shops - similar to the large Don Quijote store in Asakusa.
      Thanks for any advice
      Tony

more
    • I need an answer.

Tokyo Apr 30, 2015 at 8:57 AM

Hi, I am planning to visit Japan with my son who is 12. I am slightly worried after looking into it because of the many 'erootic' and rude things on display at shops right in the front door. Also as my son will want to visit game shops (He loves retro games and I gave him an old SEGA for his birthday). Should I worry?

more
    • annesophia's Profile Photo

my next country on my list would be JAPAN 2016

Japan Apr 22, 2015 at 2:34 AM

Who wants to join?
      Preferably by April 2016
      Been reading alot lately, but still havent decide on how to start with the itineraries ... since all the prefectures are worth to see ... i know too that, multiple visits should be done and not just a 10 days visit is enough ... urrggghh ...
      Anyhow, please --- do suggest anything not so- expensive ways to enjoy Japan.
      I enjoyed my first ever guesthouse stay in Seoul, so guesthouse wont be a problem from now on ...
      Tentative dates would be April 4 - 16, 2016.

more
    • SummerHighlandFalls's Profile Photo

Kyoto - Night time photo opportunities

Kyoto Apr 10, 2015 at 3:38 AM

Hi,
      Will be visiting Kyoto soon for five days and would appreciate it if anyone could recommend some good buildings, temples or scenes that would be good subjects for some night time photo shots.
      Many thanks
      Tony

more
    • BelsT's Profile Photo

Asakusa Accommodations

Tokyo Apr 9, 2015 at 3:59 AM

Will be visiting Tokyo on May17 and I would like to stay in Asakusa district. But I am having a hard time finding a non-smoking twin room. I am ok with a budget hotel as long as it is clean and in a safe area.

more
    • 3tt3n3n's Profile Photo

6-day Osaka, Kyoto, Nara itinerary

Osaka Apr 28, 2015 at 12:35 AM

Good day everyone!
      Me and my 2 friends will be spending 6 days vacation in Osaka. A suggestion for a 6-day Osaka, Kyoto, Nara itinerary for late Nov to early Dec 2015 will be highly appreciated taking into consideration the best autumn colors.
      Thanks! And God bless!

more
    • 8 days in japan

Japan Apr 21, 2015 at 4:05 PM

Is it worth my my while to visit Osaka from tokyo for a couple days when I have to get back to tokyo anyway for my return flight? What will be prices and how long on a bus? Also I want to know about doing a day trip to mt Fuji? Should I go with an organised group or is there someway to get there ourselves?

more
    • BelsT's Profile Photo

First Day Itinerary

Tokyo Apr 12, 2015 at 5:23 AM

I will be in Tokyo on a Sunday and will be coming in from Narita airport around 2pm. I would like to maximize my day so after check in I am thinking of going to:

1) Meiji Shrine - I have read somewhere that it's closed on Mondays but the shrine's website says it's open daily. I also know that I can reach either via Metro (Shinjuku-sanchome station- Meijijingumae station) or JR Line (Shinjuku-Harajuku station). I'm confused on how to reach the shrine after I exit either of the 2 stations. Google shows that it will be a 25 min walk from either stations to the entrance of the Shrine. The website of Meiji Shrine says it will be a 1min walk to the South gate. Which is which? Also, is an hour enough to really enjoy Meiji shrine?

2) Harajuku/Takeshita Dori - After I exit Meiji Shrine
      3) Omotesando- for Number Sugar/Omotesando Koffee/Crayon House (have their vegetarian buffet for dinner) Japanese food is my favorite! : )

4) Shibuya - do I still have time? If I don't I can do this the next day.

more
    • Where to shop and best buy for rolex watches

Shinjuku Apr 6, 2015 at 1:06 AM

What and where store we can find best rolex watches that is authentic and cheap prices? I will be in shinjuku this april 9 to 14, 2015.
      Please reply

more
    • Looking for a cat in Tokyo

Tokyo Apr 27, 2015 at 12:42 PM

Where can I buy a reasonable cat or kitten in Tokyo?

more
    • Straggler's Profile Photo

10 hour at the airport - What would you do

Osaka Apr 20, 2015 at 8:18 PM

Long layover at the airport and wanted to see something around the area. What would you suggest to do.

more
    • Which district to stay in?

Japan Apr 21, 2015 at 12:13 AM

Hi, I'm going to tokyo soon for 8 days. I will be on backpackers budget of about au$100 per day so wondering if anyone can recommend a good hostel in a good area with lots of things to see/do and a good nightlife around. Also what would be some good affordable things to see and do in tokyo? how to get around? And what would be the cheapest/easiest way getting from the airport to the city?

more
    • BelsT's Profile Photo

Narita Airport to Tokyu Stay Shinjuku

Tokyo Apr 11, 2015 at 1:11 AM

To reach Tokyu Stay Shinjuku I will take the NEX to:
      1) Tokyo Station - transfer to Metro (Marunouchi line) - Shinjuku-Sanchome station - exit and reach hotel on 1 min walk.

2) Shinjuku station which I believe is connected to Shinjuku-Sanchome. I am not sure how far a walk this will be. I will be bringing a luggage although wheeled and small size. Tokyo station seems daunting to a first-timer like me.

Which is the better way?

more
    • Donna_in_India's Profile Photo

2 Weeks in Japan

Japan Apr 17, 2015 at 3:22 AM

Japan has never been on my travel radar so I've never really researched specifics. With 2 weeks to explore, what cities would you recommend exploring? Train travel a must. :-)

more
    • transport to pier

by sicad Online Now Jun 15, 2014 at 3:00 AM

I am boarding a Princess cruise ship in September and will be arriving by train from Sapporo.
      What station should I get off the train?
      Can I walk to the pier or should I get a taxi?
      Approximate taxi cost?

2 fit 67 year olds.

Thanks

3 Answers Jun 21, 2014 at 12:31 AM
    • Check wather in Otaru

by Wong88 Online Now Aug 20, 2009 at 11:59 PM

Is skiing available in October?
      Does it snow in October?

1 Answer Aug 21, 2009 at 3:27 PM