Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Any restaurant open on Subdat in Krakow and do we need reservations

Krakow Apr 13, 2014 at 11:53 AM

Any restraunts open this Saturday and Subday and are reservations beeded

more
    • Restaurants in Jewish quarter

Krakow 18 hours ago

Can anybody recommend any traditional not too touristy restaurants in the Jewish section of Krakow (where we are staying). How much should we expect to pay for a meal. and what is the cost of a normal bottle of wine.

more
    • Lake next to Krakow?

Krakow Apr 15, 2014 at 5:20 AM

Hi
      I read about a lake next to Krakow city, which is ideal for swimming, spend some time on a short walk and be lazy half the day. But I canĀ“t remember the name!
      We will visit Krakow in June and would be also very thankful for hints what to do/see/visit with a young child (2 years)!
      THX

more
    • Restaurants

Krakow Apr 13, 2014 at 5:12 PM

Does anyone know if any restaurants will be open the 18th, 19th and 20th in Krakow Poland. We didn't relize it was a German holiday.

more
    • Auschwitz Tours

Krakow 18 hours ago

How much should a tour of Auschwitz which includes an English speaking guide. we are looking for a tour company that will pick you up at your hotel and not a central point. What time does the tour bus normally start, as we are not very early rises. Any information on this subject will be appreciated.

more
    • Local enthusiast and guide

by AlwaysExploring Online Now Dec 19, 2013 at 1:57 PM

My wife and I will be visiting in mid-June 2014. We always try to meet locals with a good knowledge of the city who are willing to act as our local "guide" so that we can get a locals perspective rather then a tour book view. We do the same thing for visitors to the San Francisco Bay Area. We feel that we get so much more depth traveling this way.

Anyone out there interested or know someone who is like-minded?

• roamer61's Profile Photo

Time required

by roamer61 Online Now Aug 15, 2012 at 4:44 AM

I know it largely depends on the individual, but what is the average time one really needs to do both Auschwitz and Birkineau?

3 Answers Aug 16, 2012 at 9:17 AM

Solo or with a guide

by roamer61 Online Now Aug 10, 2012 at 1:10 PM

I will be visiting next Spring as part of a wider trip. I am a single person.
      Is it better to join a tour, employ a private guide or go solo?

I am aware that you must join a group if arriving after 10:00am. And I also know that you can do Birkineau first. But I prefer to go in chronological order and start with Auschwitz I.

6 Answers Aug 11, 2012 at 11:12 AM
    • Krakow - OSWIECIM- Wroclaw

by dj011f11 Online Now Jun 20, 2011 at 1:55 PM

I am visiting Poland in July this year,primarily to watch a football match in Wroclaw. My flight lands in Krakow and i want to try and pay my respects at Auchwitz as part of my intineray. What is the most conveinant way of travelling from Krakow to OSWIECIM then to Wroclaw in the same day?

3 Answers Jun 30, 2011 at 11:56 AM
    • Red_Star_Nightmare's Profile Photo

Auschwitz help?

by Red_Star_Nightmare Online Now Mar 29, 2011 at 3:03 AM

Hey, I was just wondering if there are any rules about leaving flowers at Auschwitz Birkenau? Also, does anyone know any good florists in Krakow? I am going in April.

7 Answers Mar 30, 2011 at 2:10 AM
    • Taxi from Balice airport to Auschwitz?

by MatPorter Online Now Mar 3, 2011 at 4:14 AM

Im in Poland for a day next week & am visiting Auschwitz - i've been given a price of 385 PLN to take me direct from Balice airport to the memorial, wait for 5 hours and take me back for my flight out.

Does this seem a fair price?

Time is a factor or I would bus/train it. Also, are there taxis around the site that could take me back? I'm trying to do it as cheap as possible!

Mat

3 Answers Mar 11, 2011 at 6:32 AM
    • Bus schedule-Oswiecim to Krakow

by jkbritt Online Now Aug 20, 2009 at 6:29 AM

Does anyone know how late the buses run from Oswiecim to Krakow.

4 Answers Aug 30, 2009 at 12:06 PM
    • Bavavia's Profile Photo

Anything interesting on the walk from Auschwitz to Birkenau?

by Bavavia Online Now May 8, 2009 at 11:09 AM

Hi
      I read its about a 5 mile walk from Auschwitz to Birkenau. Is there anything worth seeing along that walk? any side streets to wander off too, anything like that just to see or is it just one long walk from one camp to the other?
      thanks!!

7 Answers Dec 2, 2011 at 9:43 AM
    • ZiOOlek's Profile Photo

Children

by ZiOOlek Online Now Jan 17, 2008 at 3:12 AM

What do you think is the minimum age for children to visit Aschwitz museum?

2 Answers Jan 17, 2008 at 12:41 PM
    • Wroclaw to Auschwitz to Vienna or Salsburg

by HarryMoomey Online Now Sep 24, 2007 at 10:56 AM

I will already be in Wroclaw Poland and want to visit Auschwitz then continue South and west to either Vienna or Salsburg Austria. I likely will not be driving but going by train/bus. Using such public transportation, can I make my trip without going to Krakow then back West to Auschwitz? Recommendations?

1 Answer Sep 24, 2007 at 1:57 PM
    • Directions from Oswiecim train station to Auschwitz museum

by momichka Online Now Feb 4, 2007 at 9:49 AM

From the train staiton in Oswiecim, what is the best way to get to the museum?

2 Answers Mar 28, 2007 at 9:34 AM
    • SummerHighlandFalls's Profile Photo

Directions To The Judenrampe Memorial

by SummerHighlandFalls Online Now Jan 30, 2007 at 6:16 AM

Hi,
      Would someone be kind enough to give me directions to the Judenrampe Memorial & 'cattle cars'. I know it is situated between Auschwitz camp and Birkenau Camp and directions on how to get to it on foot from either of the two camp entrances would be great.

Many Thanks

Tony

2 Answers Feb 8, 2007 at 3:22 PM
    • A TOWN GUIDE TO OSWEICIM

by billybar Online Now Jan 13, 2007 at 1:25 PM

HI THERE DOES ANYONE HAVE A SITE THAT SHOWS THE TOWN OF OSWIECIM (IN ENGLISH) AS THEY ALL SEEM TO BE IN POLISH.
      CHEERS

2 Answers Jan 13, 2007 at 4:09 PM
    • OSWEICIM TOWN GUIDE

by billybar Online Now Jan 8, 2007 at 11:29 AM

HI THERE I SEEM TO BE HAVING A FEW PROBS WITH MY VT,HAS ANYONE GOT A SCAN OF A TOWN GUIDE TO THE TOWN OF OSWEICIM.

CHEERS

1 Answer Jan 8, 2007 at 12:20 PM
    • auschwitz from krakow

by greg_griffin Online Now Jul 14, 2006 at 10:20 AM

im going inter-railing this summer with a group of friends and we want to find out how we can travel from krakow to auschwitz?

2 Answers Jul 16, 2006 at 2:13 PM
    • pwcarlton's Profile Photo

Driving to Oswiecim

by pwcarlton Online Now Jun 22, 2006 at 8:30 AM

Where is Auschwitz located in Oswiecim? We are driving from Krakow and would like to have specific information on how to get to the museum.

4 Answers Jun 26, 2006 at 3:03 AM
    • UKPhilip's Profile Photo

Help from Katowitz Airport

by UKPhilip Online Now Jun 21, 2006 at 2:42 PM

I am going to visit Aushwitz and I am staying at the
      Przystań nad Sołą
      Mostowa 17
      Bielany k. Oświęcimia
      Małopolskie
      I am flying into Katowice Airport on Friday 23 June 2006 and i would like to know how to get to the hotel
      Does anyone know what number Bus or train to get and how much
      thaking you in advance

3 Answers Jun 22, 2006 at 10:45 AM
    • littleladybug333's Profile Photo

Luggage Lockers in Oswiecim??

by littleladybug333 Online Now May 10, 2006 at 2:36 PM

Are there luggage lockers or left luggage at the Oswiecim train station? Or is there a baggage check at Auschwitz?

Thanks for any info

2 Answers May 14, 2006 at 5:58 AM
    • Renting a bus for a group

by gpg59 Online Now Jan 2, 2006 at 7:33 PM

I am taking a group (12) of students to Auschwitz this winter - and was considering renting a bus to take us to and from the site. Does anyone know a good outfit to talk to or should I arrange it through the hotel or should I just deal with public transportation?

2 Answers Mar 23, 2011 at 5:49 AM

Bus Tour or Independent Tour

by roamer61 Online Now Jul 6, 2005 at 3:43 PM

I am putting together a Poland itinerary. For visiting the camps at Auschwitz/Birkenau, which is better for a visit, a guided bus tour or with a personal driver and guide from Krakow?

4 Answers Jun 22, 2006 at 4:33 AM
    • Personal guide tour

by DannyF Online Now Mar 6, 2005 at 5:11 AM

Hi,
      How can I find a personal guide tour who can take me from Krakow to visit Oswiecim on March 13.

Thanks in advance

1 Answer Mar 6, 2005 at 8:17 AM
    • Tour Guide in Oswiecim

by Symbus Online Now Oct 11, 2004 at 3:12 AM

I am traveling to Oswiecim at the end of October. Can anyone tell me the best place to hire a tour guide to get a personalized tour of Oswiecim and Birkenau? Thank you.

2 Answers Oct 11, 2004 at 3:56 AM
    • Swiegard's Profile Photo

BUS FROM KRAKOW TO OSWIECIM

by Swiegard Online Now Sep 28, 2004 at 1:55 AM

Hello All! I will be in Krakow in November and I am interested in visiting Oswiecim. Can anyone tell me where to go to catch the bus in Krakow. How often does it run and what is the cost? Looking forward to Poland Cheers Steve

9 Answers Jan 23, 2005 at 6:46 AM
    • Phantasm's Profile Photo

Train Station in Osweicim Question.

by Phantasm Online Now Jul 16, 2004 at 8:50 PM

Hello! I'm going to Poland next month. I will be going from Krakow to Osweicim to tour the Camp and afterwards going to Warsaw. I'm planning on taking the train and was wondering if there is a place to store luggage at the Osweicim train station. If not, is there another place that I would be able to? It seems rather inappropriate to drag my suitcase there. I was thinking of looking for a hostel in both Krakow and Warsaw when I arrive as my travel plans are still somewhat in flux. Are there any recommended hostels for same day bookings? Are there hostel reservation desks at the main train stations? Does anyone know what the main German border city is into Poland? I'll be taking a train from Berlin into Krakow and using a German Rail Pass and I need to buy a supplemental train ticket for the Poland part. Thanks in advance for any help!

1 Answer Jul 19, 2004 at 11:04 AM
    • BruinKristin's Profile Photo

Warsaw to Oswiecim to Krakow to Warsaw

by BruinKristin Online Now Jun 29, 2004 at 9:10 AM

Thank you all for your advice. My husband and I will be in Poland August 22 through August 25. I am now strongly considering spending one night in Krakow so that we can visit Auschwitz/Oswiecim. It sounds as if it will be worth the trip out there. I think we will plan to rent a car in Warsaw and drive to Auschwitz then stay the night in Krakow. Can anyone recommend recommend affordable but nice accommodations in Krakow? Thank you again!

5 Answers Jul 1, 2004 at 5:44 AM
    • BruinKristin's Profile Photo

Day Trip from Warsaw?

by BruinKristin Online Now Jun 28, 2004 at 5:59 PM

Can anyone tell me the best way to get to Oswiecim from Warsaw? Can this be a day trip from Warsaw if I wanted only to visit the concentration camp? Would anyone recommend renting a car and driving there? Thank you!

2 Answers Jun 29, 2004 at 8:39 AM
    • Campsites for Auschwitz?

by Obes Online Now Jun 28, 2004 at 3:40 PM

Hi, I'm planning on spending a few nights near, or at least, hopefully near to Auschwitz. Can someone please help me with finding a campsite nearby, it would be a great deal of help. I've tried looking around on the internet, but most sites I found are in Polish ... and there's no translation! Thanks! Obes.

2 Answers Jun 30, 2004 at 4:43 AM
    • Osiwiecim, Poland

by STPearl10 Online Now Mar 12, 2004 at 12:50 AM

I would like to have the panoramic information on what there is to see at Auschwitz Death Camp. For example, I would like information on all the museums, films, transportation from Krakow, the actual camps, etc. I do not want to miss out on anything and this specific travel site interests me deeply. Thank you, Amanda Kittoe

5 Answers Oct 11, 2004 at 4:04 AM