Oswiecim Travel Answers

change location

Krakow - OSWIECIM- Wroclaw

by dj011f11 Online Now Jun 20, 2011 at 1:55 PM

I am visiting Poland in July this year,primarily to watch a football match in Wroclaw. My flight lands in Krakow and i want to try and pay my respects at Auchwitz as part of my intineray. What is the most conveinant way of travelling from Krakow to OSWIECIM then to Wroclaw in the same day?

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • leics's Profile Photo

Re: Krakow - OSWIECIM- Wroclaw

by leics Online Now Jun 20, 2011 at 11:37 PM

I think the easiest option may be to simply take a minibus to the camp from the bus station adjoining Krakow Glowny station and to return there.

Alternatively, you could investigate trains from Oswiecim to Wroclaw. There are local buses from Auschwitz to Oswiecim railway station (about 2km away). You will need to change trains on this route, and the journey is slightly longer.

You can find train times and details in English by clicking the timetable link on

polrail.com/sections/travel/...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • 68maciek's Profile Photo

Re: Krakow - OSWIECIM- Wroclaw

by 68maciek Online Now Jun 21, 2011 at 11:22 PM

Krakow- Oswiecim was covered above. From there you can try heading towards Katowice.

• Re: Krakow - OSWIECIM- Wroclaw

by Marysienka Online Now Jun 30, 2011 at 11:56 AM

If I can you something recommend in Krakow, please take part in Klezmer music concert, because maybe that will be your only chance to hear the oryginal jewish music! There are organized in Rubistein (cracowconcerts.com)

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines