Oswiecim Travel Answers

change location

Taxi from Balice airport to Auschwitz?

by MatPorter Online Now Mar 3, 2011 at 4:14 AM

Im in Poland for a day next week & am visiting Auschwitz - i've been given a price of 385 PLN to take me direct from Balice airport to the memorial, wait for 5 hours and take me back for my flight out.

Does this seem a fair price?

Time is a factor or I would bus/train it. Also, are there taxis around the site that could take me back? I'm trying to do it as cheap as possible!

Mat

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • johngayton's Profile Photo

Re: Taxi from Balice airport to Auschwitz?

by johngayton Online Now Mar 3, 2011 at 8:37 AM

385 PLN is a fair price considering you will have a car and a driver for what is effectively a whole day. I paid a guy 250 five years ago to take me there from Krakow and he was well worth the money giving me a bit of background as we travelled and stopped off at a little conservation village en route. When we got to Auschwitz he dropped me off and left me to do my own thing and was waiting for me to take me on to Birkenau at our pre-arranged time. Then the same at Birkenau.

On the way back he took me to a really excellent little local restaurant and I stood the bill in lieu of a "tip" - it was actually a very cheap bill ;)

The only caveat is not to pay up-front but your driver should be happy enough with that.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • kvitrafn's Profile Photo

by kvitrafn Online Now Mar 11, 2011 at 6:29 AM

Hey
    It's certainly NOT a good deal.
    You could rent a car in Balice ( http://www.incar24.pl/en,cennik.html ) about 100 zloty + about 30 zl for fuel makes maximum 130 zl.
    cheers

• kvitrafn's Profile Photo

by kvitrafn Online Now Mar 11, 2011 at 6:32 AM

@tmpaca thanks God, lol

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines