Oswiecim Travel Answers

change location
Phantasm's Profile Photo

Train Station in Osweicim Question.

by Phantasm Online Now Jul 16, 2004 at 8:50 PM

Hello! I'm going to Poland next month. I will be going from Krakow to Osweicim to tour the Camp and afterwards going to Warsaw. I'm planning on taking the train and was wondering if there is a place to store luggage at the Osweicim train station. If not, is there another place that I would be able to? It seems rather inappropriate to drag my suitcase there. I was thinking of looking for a hostel in both Krakow and Warsaw when I arrive as my travel plans are still somewhat in flux. Are there any recommended hostels for same day bookings? Are there hostel reservation desks at the main train stations? Does anyone know what the main German border city is into Poland? I'll be taking a train from Berlin into Krakow and using a German Rail Pass and I need to buy a supplemental train ticket for the Poland part. Thanks in advance for any help!

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • plboy's Profile Photo

Re: Train Station in Osweicim Question.

by plboy Online Now Jul 19, 2004 at 11:04 AM

if you go directly from Berlin to Krakow train will pass the border in Forst (last German city close to Cottbus and 1 km from border)... first polish city on that way is named Zary (50 km from the border)... good luck m

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines