Oswiecim Travel Answers

change location
BruinKristin's Profile Photo

Warsaw to Oswiecim to Krakow to Warsaw

by BruinKristin Online Now Jun 29, 2004 at 9:10 AM

Thank you all for your advice. My husband and I will be in Poland August 22 through August 25. I am now strongly considering spending one night in Krakow so that we can visit Auschwitz/Oswiecim. It sounds as if it will be worth the trip out there. I think we will plan to rent a car in Warsaw and drive to Auschwitz then stay the night in Krakow. Can anyone recommend recommend affordable but nice accommodations in Krakow? Thank you again!

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • koldobika's Profile Photo

Re: Warsaw to Oswiecim to Krakow to Warsaw

by koldobika Online Now Jun 29, 2004 at 2:39 PM

Have a look down here: inturs.net/m/index2.php?lang...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • koldobika's Profile Photo

by koldobika Online Now Jun 29, 2004 at 2:40 PM

ah!!!! here you can fin information about auschwitz: auschwitz-muzeum.oswiecim.pl...

• plboy's Profile Photo

by plboy Online Now Jun 30, 2004 at 3:00 PM

Hey. I think that you can also consider trip by train to Cracow which is more comfortable. The way from Warsaw to Cracow is not so good (additionally busy) or you can think to go through Czestochowa (which is better road with two lines). In Warsaw you will find a lot of things that reminds Ghetto and Holocaust. In Oswiecim you'll find that all in one place... be prepared for emotionally experiences. Take care. M

• sihi's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Warsaw to Oswiecim to Krakow to Warsaw

by sihi Online Now Jul 1, 2004 at 4:57 AM

Hi. Krakow is very beautiful city -- TOP 10 cities of the world. Warsaw is too great, especially its skyscrapers in downtown. If you will rent a car chose Polish car Polonez:) EnjoY

• gzal's Profile Photo

by gzal Online Now Jul 1, 2004 at 5:44 AM

Hi, there are quite a few accommodation possibilities in Krakow so for sure you will find something interesting both on VT pages and on the net. I may recommend the ones that I used - either Zaczek Students House (the very cheap one but still reasonable location - zaczek.com.pl/html/index.php... or SARP guest rooms at 39 Florianska Street (perfect location in the Old Town, a bit more pricey but still reasonable I guess - their phone no. is +48 (12) 429 17 78). I would definitelly advise you to take a train from Warsaw to Cracow and back to Warsaw; especially if you are planning it as a two-day trip... To Oswiecim you'll be able to take either the tourist coaches or the local train from Cracow. Have a good time in Poland! G

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines