Oswiecim Travel Answers

change location
BruinKristin's Profile Photo

Day Trip from Warsaw?

by BruinKristin Online Now Jun 28, 2004 at 5:59 PM

Can anyone tell me the best way to get to Oswiecim from Warsaw? Can this be a day trip from Warsaw if I wanted only to visit the concentration camp? Would anyone recommend renting a car and driving there? Thank you!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • luca76's Profile Photo

Re: Day Trip from Warsaw?

by luca76 Online Now Jun 29, 2004 at 5:19 AM

hi! i have been in oswiecim, 6 years ago, and a day -trip from warsaw is too long, i can suggest u to stay some day in krakow which is very nice city,so u can reach oswiecim so fastly, i remember i stayed in a youth hostel which organized trip to concentration camp, but i don't remember its name, anyway if u arrive in krakow by train u meet many guys who propose u to stay in hostel, as it happened to me have a nice trip!! take care Luca

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • irvbur's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Day Trip from Warsaw?

by irvbur Online Now Jun 29, 2004 at 8:39 AM

Since you didn't say how long you were going to be in Warsaw, I'm guessing that you don't have enough time to visit Krakow. It's a shame. Krakow is a beautiful little city with so much to see, that if you can't make Oswiecim at least see Krakow. If you have the time to do both. Go for it! It's an unbelievable memory scarring experience. Happy travels, Irv

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines