Oswego Travel Answers

change location

need suggestions for a trip.

by cfeeney Online Now Jul 6, 2009 at 4:45 PM

My husband and I are looking to take a trip with the kids before they go back to school. We would like to keep it within driving distance from Oswego, N.Y. The kids are 16 - 21 years old, boys and girls. Liked the idea of Myrtle beach but it is farther then we would like to drive and too hot this time of year.

Thanks

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • grandmaR's Profile Photo

Re: need suggestions for a trip.

by grandmaR Online Now Jul 6, 2009 at 4:51 PM

How about Boston or Cape Cod? Or Long Island or the Jersey shore?

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: need suggestions for a trip.

by eastisbest8 Online Now Jul 6, 2009 at 6:45 PM

Your map doesn't show where you've already been. The more info you can give about your family, their likes, dislikes, money per day,...the more ready posters might be to give advise?

Given your location and that you haven't already chosen Finger Lakes, Upstate or Lake George, I'm guessing you want to get away a bit?

How many hours drive?

You mentioned Myrtle Beach so would it be a good assumption that you're looking for a beach? Delaware and Maryland have some beach towns, Rehobeth, Del or Ocean City, MD come to mind. I've not been to either in awhile but it might give you some ideas on Internet search because they're not like Myrtle Beach.

16-20 year olds with Ma and Pa? Maybe something more city would be to their liking? If you have your passports, Montreal/Toronto/Quebec all have great town centers, diversity, cafes, clubs...

More outdoorsy but still looking for a good combo of small towns, city, beach? Nova Scotia is a favorite of mine. I could go on a long time but it might be best if you just google. I do like that many of its towns have retained some of their French, English, German or even Mi'kmaq character. Halifax, Louisbourg and Cape Bretain were MY favorites though. Plenty of opportunities for folk music and festivals, hiking and boating.

More in my direction, about five hours to Cedar Point, an island in Lake Erie consistently rated one of the best amusement parks in the world. More for the party crowd, Put-In-Bay is another island, which you can get to by ferry from Port Clinton. Neither would be a place to hang out on the beach though.

• Dymphna1's Profile Photo

Re: need suggestions for a trip.

by Dymphna1 Online Now Jul 7, 2009 at 9:31 AM

Ok, I just has to look twice at where this was. There is an Oswego, MT that burned down when I was a kid. The whole town in one night.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines