change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• beebee9's Profile Photo

Angels & Demons tour

Rome Apr 7, 2014 at 9:52 AM

What company would you suggest we do Angels & Demons tour with? Are they all pretty much the same?

more
    • Independant Tour Operators

Rome Mar 28, 2014 at 9:27 AM

We're sailing from Barcelona, Spain this summer. The tours that Royal Caribbean offers are quite expensive. Are there independent tour operators at the port who are cheaper that cruise line tours and, if so, do they speak English?

more
    • kbaum1608's Profile Photo

Looking for the site of the Roma Mormon temple

Rome Apr 14, 2014 at 8:25 AM

Hello :) We are headed to Roma this weekend and would like to visit the site of the Mormon temple that is under construction there, but I cannot find its location on Mormon.org. I know the church kind of likes to keep the location of its new temples under wraps until they are open to the public, so I'm hoping that someone who has seen the new site or lives in Rome and knows where it is could share its location so that we can visit while we are there. Does anyone know where it is?

Thank you so much :D
      Karen

more
    • Roman Coliseum and the Roman Fever

Rome Mar 27, 2014 at 3:07 PM

I read in Henry James' novella "Daisy Miller" about Daisy contracting the Roman Fever by being in the coliseum at night. Of course, the setting of that story is in the 1870s, and it is fiction. But I was wondering: 1) What the rules were for public access to the coliseum at night now; and 2) Are there stories or local tales associating this Roman Fever and the Coliseum?

more
    • beebee9's Profile Photo

Direct train from Rome to Malpensa airport Milan

Rome Mar 20, 2014 at 11:33 AM

Is there a direct train from Rome to Malpensa airport Milan? If so, what train station in Rome does it leave from?

more
    • tracyskf's Profile Photo

4 days Rome and Pompeii

Rome Apr 12, 2014 at 9:30 AM

I have allocated 4 days 4 nights for Rome and Pompeii for my 11 days Italy tour, have some specific questions

1. Is it better to stay all 4 nights in Rome and make a day trip to Pompeii? I was thinking 3 night stay in Rome, then 1 night in Pompeii (heading Florence next). Which is better?

2. Is it better better to get the Omnia Vatican and Rome Card or the Roma Pass? I have checked the website and they look similar to me - looking for some feedback from people who purchased and used them previously

3. Any specials on certain days to take note of? I should be arriving on a Wednesday morning.

4. How are the trains route like - i.e. better to travel day time or night time? Are the train rides scenic (Rome-Pompeii-Florence-Milan-Venice)

Any useful tips would be appreciated. Thanks :)

more
    • kbaum1608's Profile Photo

How do I book an advance train ticket if I'm not Italian?

Rome Apr 6, 2014 at 8:01 PM

Hello! I am trying to book the 2 for 1 Saturday fare from Termini to Florence via the TrenItalia website, but it says I need a login name to do so. To receive a login name, it needs an Italian address, but I am from the US. My Italian is not good enough to see what I need to do via the TrenItalia site. Does anyone know if there is a way for me to book these fares online in advance? I'm afraid the tickets will be gone if we wait. Thank you :)

more
    • SHARKFIN's Profile Photo

Vatican and rome card

Rome Apr 9, 2014 at 1:03 AM

Hi , i will be in Rome from Jun 25 till jun 28 for 3 nights . As i will be visiting the usual tourist sights like The vatican , colosseum , ... Is it worth my while to buy the Vatican /Rome card

thankyou Virtual tourist

more
    • BangBen's Profile Photo

36 hours in Rome

Rome Mar 28, 2014 at 3:31 AM

Hi guys,
      I'll be in Rome this April. But I only have couple hours there. I have some questions:
      1. Could you please share what to visit in Rome beside Vatican (of course)?
      2. What is the best way to visit those places? Metro, bus, taxi, walk? I'll stay in Vaticano Prati.
      3. Please also inform me how to reach the hotel from airport and vice versa.

Thanks a lot,

more
    • Natalya2006's Profile Photo

Free entrance to Vatican Museums

Rome Mar 24, 2014 at 8:38 AM

Here mv.vatican.va/3_EN/pages/z-I... I've seen the info that on the last Sunday of month the entrance is free of charge. Are there a lot of people this day? Is it worth to go there this day or it's better to buy a ticket online for another day? Thanks in advance.

more
    • Metro in Rome

Rome Mar 26, 2014 at 3:36 AM

If we choose to use the Metro when travailing from the airport to our apartment rental. Is there room on the trains for our luggage? Will be arriving early in the morning at about 5:30

Will the metro be busy at that time?

more
    • three days in rome

Rome Apr 12, 2014 at 9:48 PM

Hi ! We are going to stay in rome for three days from 17may to 20 may . What are the major tourist attractions in rome we should cover ? How many places can we see in three days given that we are living in trastevere area

more
    • Accomodation in Rome

Rome Mar 30, 2014 at 12:47 PM

Hello, I’m Sylwia. I’m from Poland, studying in Cracow :) I’m 22 years old. With 4 friends I’m going to the canonization of John Paul II. We had arranged accommodation, but recently found out that we can not stay where we planned. We have a problem-we will spend 5 nights in Rome, and we do not have somewhere to sleep, we do not have too much money for hotels ... Do you know any alternative ways of accommodation? We do not need much-just a piece of the floor. Maybe some of you who live in Rome, would like to take home 5 Polish pilgrims? Help, please ... I'm sorry for language mistakes, I do not speak fluent English :)

Ciao, sono Sylwia. Sono polacca, studio a Cracovia. :) Ho 22 anni. Con 4 amici stanno andando alla canonizzazione di Giovanni Paolo II. Noi avevamo organizzato alloggio, ma recentemente scoperto che non possiamo stare dove abbiamo programmato. Abbiamo un problema, passeremo 5 notti a Roma, e non abbiamo un posto dove dormire, non abbiamo troppi soldi per alberghi ... Sapete eventuali mezzi alternativi di sistemazione? Non abbiamo bisogno di tanto- solo un pezzo del pavimento. Forse alcuni di Voi che vivono a Roma, vorrebbe portare a casa 5 pellegrini polacchi? Aiutatemi, per favore ... Mi dispiace per gli errori di lingua, non parlo perfettamente l'italiano :)

more
    • B&B Recommendations Needed

Rome Mar 19, 2014 at 8:39 PM

Hey Guys,

We will be in Rome for 3 nights (Apr 30 - May 3) over the, what I hear is, extremely busy May 1st celebrations with hundreds of thousands of people. Yikes! Hope it's not too crowded while we're there. I see there are ~1000 hotels and about ~1000 B&Bs to pick from. Kinda overwhelming.

Just looking for your opinions on a B&B for us (early 30s Canadian couple). Looking for something that has character, something "Italian" (yes, whatever that is!), hopefully something quiet/romantic but still accessible to the main sights of Rome (or a closeby metro/public transit).

If you can think of any that come to mind, please let me know.
      Thanks!

more
    • Where can I buy a designer mens suit?

Rome Apr 16, 2014 at 10:05 PM

I'll be in Rome for 3 days and want to buy a good designer men's suit.

Is there an up-market department store somewhere in the centre that has lots of different brands in it - like Selfridges or Harvey Nichols in London, or Macy's/Bloomingdale's/Barney's in New York??

Or is there a street that has all the major designers on it?? Money/price isn't a restriction.

Thanks!

more
    • Castel Gandolfo Papal Garden tour

Castel Gandolfo Apr 9, 2014 at 9:38 PM

We are excited to find tickets for the new Papal Garden tour at Castel Gandolfo. Now we are trying to figure out how to get there for a 08:30 tour. A train is scheduled to arrive at 08:06 from Termini, will it give us enough time to get to the entrance? mv.vatican.va/1_CommonFiles/... only says to 'follow the sign for town center, 15 minutes on foot'. Is it really that easy? I am nervous that I won't be able to find it. Please help. Thank you.

more
    • Getting from Trevi Fountain to Vatican

Rome Apr 13, 2014 at 3:57 AM

In a few months time my wife and I will be in Rome. We are staying in a hotel close to the Trevi fountain. We have booked an early morning tour of the Sistine Chapel and have to be at the meeting point (on the corner of Viale Vaticano and Via Tunisi) at 7:15am. I was wondering the best way to get there at that time of the morning. Someone told me it is only a 20 minute walk from the fountain to the Vatican. Is that correct? Would it be safe walking in that area at that time of the morning?
      TIA

more
    • day tours near Rome

Rome Apr 7, 2014 at 6:50 PM

We are a group of 4 traveling to Rome mid May. We would like some suggestions on how to find an English speaking tour guide/tour for day trips. Any advise?

more
    • Trekki's Profile Photo

Rome experts: which is your most favourite gelateria?

Rome Apr 4, 2014 at 7:39 AM

Hello hello :-)

a former colleague will be in Rome in a week and she looks forward to daily gelato :-)
      I already looked at the ice cream guides on our Rome travel guide but wanted to ask envertheless:
      which is your favourite gelateria?
      And links to your tips please :-)

Ingrid

more
    • RobertC51's Profile Photo

Luggage storage

by RobertC51 Online Now Jun 5, 2013 at 9:30 PM

We want to stop to visit Ostia on the way from Rome to Cvitavecchia to catch our cruise. Is there luggage storage at Ostia? or Ostiense station?

16 Answers Jun 7, 2013 at 7:21 AM
    • JFN41's Profile Photo

Available Tours at Ostia Antica

by JFN41 Online Now Apr 23, 2013 at 5:10 PM

I wish to finally make a visit to Ostia when in Rome the first ten days of May.
      What do they have in the way of guided tours (not private tours) at the site itself?
      The info for the transportation from Rome is very good. Anyhing even more recent?

3 Answers Apr 24, 2013 at 10:28 AM
    • Taxi from Ostia to FCO airport

by cherisprauer Online Now Jul 3, 2011 at 1:08 PM

How and where would I call a taxicab to get from OA to the airport/

1 Answer Jul 3, 2011 at 2:27 PM
    • Luggage storage

by cherisprauer Online Now Jul 3, 2011 at 1:06 PM

Is there somewhere to store carry-on luggage when visiting the ruins? Planning on spending our last day at OA before a 8:00pm flight so we will have our luggage with us.

1 Answer Jul 3, 2011 at 1:16 PM
    • Rome to Lido di Ostia

by heidizorzi Online Now May 18, 2009 at 9:13 PM

Please help. We are travelling from Salerno to Lido di Ostia to stay our last night in Italy near the airport. Is it best to take the train from Salerno back to Rome and then back to Lido di Ostia? If so what is the best way to get from Rome to Lido di Ostia? What are the station names in Lido di Ostia? I will ask the hotel which is closest.

2 Answers May 18, 2009 at 11:12 PM
    • itchie75's Profile Photo

Is there a faster/easier way from Civitavecchia to Ostia Antica than thru Termini

by itchie75 Online Now Jul 12, 2008 at 1:47 PM

Do we have to go from the train station at Civitavecchia to Termini and then catch a train back to Ostia Antica or is there a stop sooner (on the way to Roma) that we can get off at and then catch a train back to Ostia Antica? Like the Piramide stop? Or?

Also I saw that you can take a boat along the Tiber river from Rome to Ostia Antica. Has anyone experienced that good or bad, cost, and the location to catch the boat relative to Termini or other stop?

I know I can spend mucho EURO for a taxi or shuttle but trying to keep it resonable.

2 Answers Jul 12, 2008 at 2:40 PM
    • From Rome to Ostia and back

by rosepetal720 Online Now Apr 18, 2008 at 1:09 PM

All of these forums talk about how to get from the airport to Ostia; does anyone know the best way to get from Rome to Ostia? I was thinking of taking the cruise ship, but it only lets you stay in Ostia 2 hours. Is that really going to be enough time? I'm trying to figure out if I can take a bus there, what buses go there, what times, or maybe if I should take a cab... I just don't know! Any advice would by much appreciated.

10 Answers Jun 2, 2009 at 12:56 PM
    • mccalpin's Profile Photo

Cotral bus stop near Ostia Antica

by mccalpin Online Now Aug 16, 2007 at 12:02 PM

Guys, in doing some research, I have found a Cotral bus schedule that appears to run from Fiumicino airport to Ostia, via Ostia Antica, but I want to make sure I understand what I'm seeing online.

First, go to cotralspa.it/PDF_Orari/AFC1.... . Note that buses leave from the terminal at Fiumicino for national flights, does something about "Roma Ostia Cineland v.Dei Romagnoli", then proceeds to Ostia's train station.

My questions are:
      1. Where exactly is this Cineland stop? The address for Cineland is Via dei Romagnoli, 515, which appears to be close to the entrance of the Scavi (at Viale dei Romagnoli, 717?), but how close? I ask because the the bus evidentally comes down from the airport on the Via dell'Aeroporto di Fiumicino, stops at the intersection with the Via della Scafa, then continues until it hits the Via del Mare. If the bus continues to the train station in Ostia, it would take a right, away from Ostia Antica. Does it drop Ostia Antica passengers there (about a kilometer aways from the site), or does it take a left, go up the Via del Mare/Viale dei Romagnoli closer to the scavi, drop people off, then turn around and go to Ostia Lido?

2. The "Roma Ostia Cineland v.Dei Romagnoli" stop is marked on the timetable with "(*)" in each case. The footnote says that "nota: (*) = Orario non garantito". What does that mean exactly? I understand the literal translation of "timetable not guaranteed", but I am thinking it also means something else. For example, does it mean that it doesn't make this stop unless you request it (although another phrase is usally used for that)? Or does it literally mean only what it says - that the bus gets there when it gets there, but it will get there?

Is this obscure enough for you??? ;-) Thanks!

Bill

3 Answers Jun 2, 2009 at 12:10 PM
    • Fiumicino to Ostia Antica?

by dcpowell8234 Online Now Nov 7, 2006 at 9:47 AM

We will be staying in a small resort in Fiumicino for one day post cruise. Our one day is the day before Easter Sunday and we are thinking we would like to stay away from the crowds in Rome on that day (We will have had 3 days in Rome pre-cruise). Ostia Antica sounds like an interesting place to visit during that one day - but how best to get from our lodging to Ostia Antica? Rent a car? Bus? Train? Can you think of a better way to spend our day? Thanks!

2 Answers Nov 7, 2006 at 11:02 AM
    • GUYON's Profile Photo

How to rent an appartment in Lido di Ostia

by GUYON Online Now Aug 17, 2006 at 12:27 PM

I am looking for a local real estate agent to rent a vacation appartment in Lido di Ostia near Rome for one week. Could you suggest me an address ?

Cerco un'agenzia immobiliari per affittare un'appartamento a Lido di Ostia per une settimana durante le vacanze. Mi puo indicare un'indirizzo ?

Thanks - Grazie

RAY

2 Answers Aug 17, 2006 at 4:17 PM
    • Possible to visit Ostica Antica while on a layover at Rome airport?

by bostonbali Online Now Jul 16, 2006 at 6:23 PM

Hi,
      it seems that Ostica Antica is only 9KM away from FCO, Leonardo da Vinci Fiumicino airport. We'll have a 5 hour layover, and were thinking of taking a cab a visiting Ostia Antica.
      Do you think this plan is doable? Is it easy to find a cab outside the ruins once we're done and need to hurry back to the airport?
      We could only allocate about 3 hours at Ostica Antica, but seems like it's still worth it.
      Thanks for any feedback!

3 Answers Jul 17, 2006 at 6:52 AM
    • the forum and the temple of Jupiter

by lientja_no1 Online Now Sep 27, 2005 at 1:53 PM

Hi, I have to give a presentation for my school class in Ostia, about the forum and the temple of Jupiter there. But I can't find any information on it! just pictures... If somebody could tell me something about this subject?
      thank you!

3 Answers Sep 27, 2005 at 2:43 PM
    • How to reach Ostia from Fiumicino Airport

by JoroIliev Online Now Jul 10, 2005 at 11:05 PM

Hi guys,
      I will have a stopover in Rome ( on July 20) and I would like to go to Ostia for a couple of hours. Can you tell me if there is a metro line or bus from Fiumicion airport to Ostia Antica.
      Thanks a lot,
      George

4 Answers Jul 25, 2005 at 12:09 AM
    • Travel from Civitavecchia to Ostia Antica

by fplayfoot Online Now Feb 18, 2005 at 10:45 AM

I will arrive at Civitavecchia on a cruise and we would like to go to Ostia Antica the fastest way possible.

1 Answer Mar 29, 2006 at 8:08 PM
    • Ostia Antica on Monday?

by ToniL Online Now Jun 18, 2004 at 5:56 PM

Is it possible to visit Ostia Antica on a Monday? I read that it was closed Mondays in an older guidebook, and am hoping to visit there on October 25. Thanks!