Ostia Antica Travel Answers

change location

How to reach Ostia from Fiumicino Airport

by JoroIliev Online Now Jul 10, 2005 at 11:05 PM

Hi guys,
I will have a stopover in Rome ( on July 20) and I would like to go to Ostia for a couple of hours. Can you tell me if there is a metro line or bus from Fiumicion airport to Ostia Antica.
Thanks a lot,
George

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • gianfra's Profile Photo

RE: How to reach Ostia from Fiumicino Airport

by gianfra Online Now Jul 12, 2005 at 2:18 AM

It's not so short journey! You could take a taxi from Fiumicino (25-30 euros probably, ask before getting in)or take the train (direction Termini, not the express,the other one,the cheaper one) and stop at Roma Piramide/Ostiense and then take the train to Ostia.
    hav ea fun trip
    Bye

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: How to reach Ostia from Fiumicino Airport

by JoroIliev Online Now Jul 25, 2005 at 12:06 AM

I had a four-hour stopover at Fiumicino airport, which was just enough to go to Lido di Ostia (not Ostia Antica) and have a swim in the sea. There are public transport (blue) buses for Ostia that leave Fiumicino airport every 20 to 30 minutes, in front of Terminal A (the exit of terminal A is less than five minutes from the exits of B and C). You can get a print out of the schedule from the tourism information office at the airport.
    The fare is 1 euro. The tickets must be bought from a bigleteria/tabakeria.
    The bus stops in Ostia just 5 minutes from the beach.
    I spent about an hour and a half in Ostia, 50 minutes on the way to and from and more than an hour shopping at the airport. So there was plenty of time for everything
    On the way to Lido di Ostia, the bus goes by Ostia Antica, so you can take pictures on the move. However I did not see the entrance to the ruins, even though the bus circumnavigated the whole site.

• RE: RE: How to reach Ostia from Fiumicino Airport

by JoroIliev Online Now Jul 25, 2005 at 12:08 AM

To be precise, it takes 25 minutes from Fiumicino to Lido di Ostia by bus.

• RE: RE: How to reach Ostia from Fiumicino Airport

by JoroIliev Online Now Jul 25, 2005 at 12:09 AM

You can ask the bus driver to leave you somewhere near Ostia Antica. However, for the return, you must go to the other side of Ostia Antica and get on the bus from a totally different bus stop.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Ostia Antica