Travel Answers
Ospedaletti

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• manhtuank8's Profile Photo

Genoa / San Remo (Italy) or Nice (France)

San Remo Yesterday

Hi friends,

In September, my gangs and i will have a short trip to Italy and France. We are changing one of our destination from Turin to Genoa / San Remo or Nice.

Please advise me that between

- Sanremo with a stop at Genoa en route transferring from Florence

- or Nice with a stop at Monte Carlo en route

which one is better for foods, sight, and value (we have tight budget)?

Thanks in advance

Tuan

more
    • trains to Florence

La Spezia Apr 5, 2014 at 11:46 AM

Are there earlier trains to Florence from La Spezia. The earliest one I can find departs at 8pm

more
    • buitensorg's Profile Photo

Cheap and cheerful hotel

Chiavari Mar 27, 2014 at 12:50 AM

We are looking for a hotel in Chiavari for one night in October. For 3 adults. OR an apartment? near the train station if possible. OR seeing we are taking the regional train from Milan........where would you stop for an overnight (having just flown into Italy) en route to Chiavari. thanks!

more
    • luggage hold la spezia

La Spezia Mar 20, 2014 at 12:26 AM

Is there a luggage hold in La Spezia where they can hold my luggage for a day?

more
    • Savona centre from costa cruise ship

Savona Apr 3, 2014 at 6:02 AM

Hi everybody, we're a family of 4 and would like to do a walking tour of Savona from cruise ship, please come with some good ideas, thx:)

more
    • Where can I learn italian language in this region?

San Remo Mar 26, 2014 at 5:56 AM

Hi guys

I am going soon for a short trip in Italy and I'll stay a few days in Liguria (Genova's region).

I am wondering if one of you guys had experience in italian school for foreigners there!

thanks

Jp

more
    • Ferry trip in CT

Corniglia Apr 6, 2014 at 10:14 AM

How long does the ferry trip take from La Spezia to last of the villages? We thought we could take the ferry up & then use the train back to Corniglia, where we have a booking for 2 nights. Also where do we look for a ferry timetable?
      Thanks.

more
    • free walking trail maps

Santa Margherita Ligure Mar 31, 2014 at 9:19 PM

where or how can I get free walking trail maps for walks out of santa margherita ligure

more
    • Train to Milan

Monterosso al Mare Mar 26, 2014 at 12:25 AM

Is there a morning train from Monterosso to Milan? We have a 4pm flight to Germany to catch

more
    • APARTMENTS IN SANTA MARGHARITA

Santa Margherita Ligure Mar 18, 2014 at 2:31 PM

HOW DO I FIND A MONTHLY RENTAL APARTMENT FOR ONE, NEAR THE BUS STOP AND THE MARINA. WHAT IS A FAIR PRICE?

more
    • least challenging walk from train to one of the villages

Monterosso al Mare 15 hours ago

I have an 80 year grandfather who wants to walk from the train down to one of the villages. Which village has the least challenging walk from Train to village?

more
    • Sunday Cinque Terre regional train times

Riomaggiore Apr 13, 2014 at 5:50 AM

I have found the Cinque Terre train time schedule found on cinqueterre.eu.com/en/cinque... and am confused about the times for (Column B) Sunday train times to La Spezia. It looks like there's only one train at 9:00am. Is that possibly true or am I reading the timetable wrong? Does the Cinque Terre regional train run out of Riomaggiore to La Spezia more frequently? I need to get to La Spezia to catch the 8:20am train out to Rome. Can anyone, does anyone have info to assist in my Sunday travel worries?

more
    • Train from Florence to Santa Margherita

Santa Margherita Ligure Mar 31, 2014 at 2:07 AM

Hi, I am wanting to get a train from Florence to Santa Margherita. Is there 1 stop in Pisa and what is the fastest train? Once in Santa Margherita, what is the best/easiest way to get to hotels (centrally)? We will have children with us, so easiest & quickets is best. Also, is there good nightlife in Santa Margherita? Thank you!

more
    • kbr61263's Profile Photo

Walking in Cinque terre and transport around portovenere and bay of poets with disabled daughter

Liguria Apr 8, 2014 at 7:42 AM

we are staying close to portovenere next week, my wife and I with disabled daughter. She does not normally use a wheelchair for short journeys, but we have decided to bring her chair with us as she has been having some difficulty recently. She can climb stairs but is quite slow. My plan is to spend perhaps 2 days visiting the 5terre, one day by boatand one day by train. Are any of the walks likely to be suitable with a wheelchair? She can climb a few flights of stairs or small groups now and again whilst I can carry the chair up, but we couldnt manage hundreds.

We have 4 or 5 days in the area, my plan would be to do the islands off portovenere on one day and the bay of poets (by bus) the other. does this seem a reasonable plan? any suggestions to make getting about easier? I am assuming a hire car is more trouble than its worth.

I would like to be in 5terre for sunset at least one evening, how frequent are busses trains in the evening to get back to portovenere (le grazie).

There appears to be a ferry marked on maps from le grazie to lerici? Any info?

more
    • virtue62's Profile Photo

Travelling from Nice to Cinque Terre

Riomaggiore Apr 11, 2014 at 4:40 PM

Can I please have some ideas??

more
    • TamiN's Profile Photo

Italian Riviera...is it worth it?

Genoa Mar 16, 2014 at 10:45 AM

We are traveling from San Gimignano to the Cannes or Nice area. We are considering staying for one night some place in between. Genova is the center of that area but I don't know anything about it and it looks quite industrial...was considering avoiding it. Any opinions on a place? Or should we push through and just stay in France? We're trying to keep it to about $100 per night.

more
    • Romantic accommodation with sea-view for under 140Eu per night? Possible?

Riomaggiore Apr 3, 2014 at 3:33 PM

We're on a budget but I'm planning on proposing to my girlfriend here in CT. So far, we love Monterosso or Vernazza. I'm having a difficult time finding available accommodation for 3 nights (end of this month) for less than 140eu per night. I'd love to find a cute B&B, Vacation Rental or anything with a balcony or rooftop terrace with a sea-view.

Any ideas? Would be nice to have this private and romantic area of ours for me to propose in. :-)

Thanks!

more