change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

Popular Oslo Region Travel Answer Locations

• Travel from Oslo to Karlstad

Oslo Region Apr 2, 2014 at 12:01 PM

Any suggestions on best way to travel from Oslo Norway to Karlstad Sweden. Bus or Train? Recommended company to use and locations of connections.

3 Answers Apr 3, 2014 at 12:12 AM
    • Oslo Gallerian

Oslo Apr 1, 2014 at 11:12 PM

Is Olso Gallerian a bus station?

Where is it?

3 Answers Apr 2, 2014 at 11:36 AM
    • Cheapest bars and pubs?

Oslo Apr 1, 2014 at 7:35 PM

I would like to know the bars and pubs with the cheapest prices? Thanks.

2 Answers Apr 18, 2014 at 2:19 PM
    • Jgiii's Profile Photo

Restaurants/Cafes Near Munch Museum

Oslo Mar 29, 2014 at 9:49 PM

I'll be staying near the Munch Museum. Does anyone have recommendations for good affordable places in that area? I don't mind walking! Thank you kindly!

1 Answer Apr 18, 2014 at 2:29 PM
    • Sending package to Stavenger from Oslo Airport

Oslo Mar 9, 2014 at 1:05 PM

Hi I am travelling to Oslo from Reyjavic. I am p;anning to visit a friend in Stavenger, Norway with some gifts. Unfortunate;y, due to change of plan, I will just stop over in Oslo. Is there a way to send it by package mail from the airport? Its about 4-6 KG. Thank you for your responds

1 Answer Mar 9, 2014 at 1:28 PM
    • Hiking for a weekend

Oslo Feb 28, 2014 at 2:26 AM

Hi, I am thinking of booking to come to Oslo at the end of May. I will arrive Friday afternoon and leave Monday afternoon, so want to go hiking on Saturday and Sunday. What is the best thing to do? Base myself in Oslo and go hiking around there or hire a car and drive somewhere else? I am trying to do it as cheap as possible. If anyone can recommend where to go hiking and cheap places to stay, it would be much appreciated!

I want to book the flight soon as it is only £50 return from the UK!!

Thanks

Anwen

3 Answers Mar 3, 2014 at 3:30 PM
    • UrosB's Profile Photo

ecigarette shop

Oslo Jan 18, 2014 at 5:02 AM

Is there vapor shop or ecigarette shop in Oslo. Thank/u

1 Answer Jan 19, 2014 at 10:47 PM
    • Oslo in Winter

Oslo Jan 12, 2014 at 9:13 AM

I am interested getting any ideas on things to do in Oslo. I intend to visit Akerhus Fortress, and the Fram and the Kon Tiki Museums, also Telthusbakken and Gamle Aker Kirke. However, I am not sure about Vigelandsparken. With it being winter, is this somewhere I should cross off my list, will there be so much snow on the sculptures that they are likely to be indiscernable. Anyone out there have any other spots that they would recommend my seeing. Do the shrimp boats operate in Winter.
      A big thanks in advance to anyone who answers my query.

2 Answers Jan 15, 2014 at 11:09 AM
    • public transport fares

Oslo Jan 12, 2014 at 9:07 AM

1. Does the 90NOK ticket on the NSB train from Gardermoen to Oslo S cover me to travel on to my destination in central oslo by tram or do I need another ticket

2. If I validate my OSlo card at the airport, does this allow me just to pay my fare from Gardermoen to Lillestrom and use my oslo card to cover the rest of my journey into Oslo S.

3. If I just have a day ticket and am covered to travel one zone, can I travel as far as Ski using my day ticket and pay for my travel from Ski to Rygge and is the airport shuttle included in the price.

Many thanks in advance to anyone taking the time to reply.

• public transport fares

Oslo Jan 12, 2014 at 9:06 AM

1. Does the 90NOK ticket on the NSB train from Gardermoen to Oslo S cover me to travel on to my destination in central oslo by tram or do I need another ticket

2. If I validate my OSlo card at the airport, does this allow me just to pay my fare from Gardermoen to Lillestrom and use my oslo card to cover the rest of my journey into Oslo S.

3. If I just have a day ticket and am covered to travel one zone, can I travel as far as Ski using my day ticket and pay for my travel from Ski to Rygge and is the airport shuttle included in the price.

Many thanks in advance to anyone taking the time to reply.

1 Answer Jan 15, 2014 at 11:16 AM
    • turktalk's Profile Photo

Help with packing

Oslo Nov 26, 2013 at 9:14 PM

Coming to Oslo Thursday. Do I need a huge ski/mountain coat or can I bring a lighter weight ski coat? Trying to fit everything! Advice?

3 Answers Nov 28, 2013 at 9:57 AM
    • Small ship adventure trip

Oslo Sep 15, 2013 at 11:22 PM

Hi - what companies have small ships (100 or less passengers) cruising Norway's coast, visiting your fiords. We're looking for a company that includes hiking, kayaking, inflatable boats for short touring and educational lectures in English. Thanks, Marty

2 Answers Sep 16, 2013 at 4:28 AM
    • Whole day in Oslo

Oslo Jul 21, 2013 at 7:47 AM

We shall have the whole day in Oslo from after breakfast (staying at the COMFORT RUNWAY hotel) and have to be back in time for a flight at 1955.
      So-
      What is the best way into Oslo and back?
      What would be a good sightseeing itinerary in town?
      Should we leave luggage at the hotel or airport?
      Thanks.

4 Answers Jul 31, 2013 at 12:42 AM
    • Can someone please tell me what kind of cake this is?

Oslo Jun 25, 2013 at 3:25 PM

It looks so delicious, and it reminds me of something I ate when I was little

7 Answers Jun 26, 2013 at 9:23 AM
    • martin981's Profile Photo

Layover in Oslo

Oslo Jun 24, 2013 at 1:33 PM

Hi,

I have got a brief layover in Oslo Gardermoen (5.15 hours to be precise!). What would you suggest? Climbing the Opera house is already on my list :)

3 Answers Jun 25, 2013 at 2:38 AM
    • Meet UP

Oslo Jun 12, 2013 at 2:16 PM

I am visiting the city since yesterday but is all alone so just get kind of bore anyone around to meet and move together?

2 Answers Jun 16, 2013 at 9:51 AM
    • urgent: traintickets from oslo to voss on 12 june by night !

Oslo Jun 11, 2013 at 4:02 AM

Hello everyone, I have one spare train ticket (return) and would like to know if anyone would need it so I can resell it.

The train tickets is from Oslo (departing at 23:23 on 12 jun 2013) to Voss (arriving at 05:25 on 13 jun). The return is from Voss (departing at 00:27 on 17 jun 2013) to Oslo (arriving at 06:27 on 17 jun). I purchased them at the mini price which is NOK 249 and NOK 399. Unfortunately my plane to Oslo has been cancelled in cause of an airport stricke, so I now have these two tickets and I'm looking for someone who happens to plan traveling to Voss on 12 june.

If you are interested in purchasing these tickets, please reply to me and we are work on the details.

My email is thayna.ferraz.cp@gmail.com and my phone number is +33 0608787528

Thank you very much.

• Taxis

Oslo Jun 10, 2013 at 6:54 AM

How much will a taxi cost from the Grand Hotel in Oslo to the Oslo Airport

2 Answers Jun 10, 2013 at 3:46 PM
    • Airport transfer times

Oslo May 25, 2013 at 10:40 AM

We shall be flying into Oslo with SAS from Tromso arriving 1205 and transferring onto a BA flight to London.
      The BA flight time was originally 1515, but it has been changed to 1435.
      Is 2hrs 30 mins sufficient time for the transfer?

2 Answers May 28, 2013 at 11:49 AM
    • Redang's Profile Photo

Daytrips

Oslo Feb 19, 2013 at 10:50 PM

Which daytrips would you suggest from Oslo? (around 1-1,5 hours away).

11 Answers Feb 21, 2013 at 2:42 AM
    • sprdak11's Profile Photo

Visiting Oslo in a few hours

Oslo Feb 19, 2013 at 10:18 AM

Hello. I am planning to take a ferry from Copenhagen to Oslo to make a short trip to these two Scandinavian capital cities. I will be in Oslo only about 6 hours. I wonder what one can do in such a short time in Oslo? Any tips? Greetings. Magda

6 Answers Apr 19, 2013 at 3:55 AM
    • Artems_6's Profile Photo

Traveling Norway. Seeking for company.

Oslo Jan 15, 2013 at 1:56 AM

Hey there,

My name is Kyra and I'm from Belgium. I'm searching for a person who wants to visit Norway with me. The country has always fascinated me, first with the mythes (I love fairytales) and then with it's beautiful nature. I really want to visit Oslo, but I know that that is not the place to be if you want to see nature. So maybe I also want to explore the rest of the country. I also don't know for how long I want stay there, it also depends on the company I'm with.

So if you are adventurous and not afraid of cold weather, let me know something and we can talk about it more.

2 Answers Jan 15, 2013 at 3:11 AM
    • MinhL's Profile Photo

Contacting small gift shops.

Oslo Jan 14, 2013 at 7:08 AM

I visited Norway a year ago and purchased these adorable little troll dolls
      www3.telus.net/public/a6a911...

I lost them and want to buy new ones but can't seem to find them online.
      I think the only place where they're sold are at the small gift shops (that cater to tourists), like this one
      pgoh13.com/oslo/oslo_store.j...

My problem is, I have no way of contacting these little gift shops (as none of them have any online website). I tried contacting the larger retail stores, but none of them carry this particular troll.

So I have a request, can someone in Norway get me the contact information for a small gift shop like the one pictured here.
      pgoh13.com/oslo/oslo_store.j...

I'd like to email them to ask them if they carry the troll doll that I'm looking for.

Thank you,
      Minh

• Oslo in mid-february

Oslo Dec 28, 2012 at 1:15 PM

Im traveling solo to oslo in mid-february. If anyone would like to meet up for a drink, that would be great.

-Besh

• windsalen's Profile Photo

Near Asgardstrand

Oslo Region Nov 18, 2012 at 1:47 PM

Hello All,
      I am visiting my sister-in-law who just had a baby. My wife are leaving this Friday for home. We are looking for traditional Norwegian food in the surrounding areas. Unfortunately we can only travel north to Horten or south to Tonsberg or in the general vicinity. That is our range of travel for this trip. We love everything that we have experienced since we have been here.

We would like to experience to the true Norwegian food with Norwegians at a moderate cost.

Thanks for your help and we hope to see you down the path sometime soon!!

• WhiteMughal's Profile Photo

Meals

Oslo Region Aug 19, 2012 at 11:27 AM

Thinking about travel to Norway again (never stop thinking for too long). I did some whatifs and found cheapest round trips are from November till travel picks up the next year. Lodgings wents as low as40 a day! Wondering about meals. I assume a lot of produce is imported. What is a reasonable estimate per day for meals in November? Or is that sort of a constant all year?

2 Answers Aug 25, 2012 at 3:43 AM
    • Oslo taxi

Oslo Jun 9, 2012 at 3:28 PM

I would like to have an idea what it would cost to take a taxi from the cruise terminal in Oslo to the Vigeland Sculpture Park. Or, when I was younger I took the #12 tram to the park but forget where I boarded it! If I take the tram, how do I pay on board and how much?

3 Answers Jun 11, 2012 at 3:06 AM
    • Oslo in winter

Oslo Jun 3, 2012 at 5:02 AM

Hello All
      I might be visiting Oslo in December as part of my round the world trip.
      Since there is no possibility of doing day trips from Oslo with tours companies in the middle of winter, do you think 2 days would be enough to spend there? (Arrive on 23rd of December and leave on 25th of December - so that would give me an entire full day to explore the city on the 24th)

Also what could I do while I am there?

Thanks

1 Answer Jun 8, 2012 at 5:22 AM
    • yetist's Profile Photo

Oslo Information

Oslo May 15, 2012 at 12:33 PM

Hi, I am taking the ferry tomorrow morning to Oslo from Denmark and read that Thursday, May 17 is a National Holiday in Norway. Does anyone know if the museums will be open? Are there any special things to do that day, I will be there from 16-18 May and then driving to Stockholm. Thanks!!

3 Answers May 15, 2012 at 10:23 PM
    • tracyskf's Profile Photo

2 full days in Oslo

Oslo Apr 14, 2012 at 8:14 PM

I have 2 full days in Oslo. Any suggestions on what to cover? =)
      Staying near Central station - I heard everything is walkable?

Thanks!

3 Answers Apr 15, 2012 at 12:52 PM