change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

Popular Oslo Region Travel Answer Locations

• Weather in Oslo in September

Oslo May 21, 2015 at 6:35 AM

What is the weather like in Oslo in September? Do we need to pack winter clothing? And does it rain often?

3 Answers May 26, 2015 at 2:14 AM
    • sandeepgarg's Profile Photo

Oslo for 1 night

Oslo Apr 29, 2015 at 10:13 PM

We are 9 of a family, including 1 Sr. Citizen 74 years, and 4 children (11, 12, 14, 18 year old).

Arrive in Oslo, after the Norway in a Nutshell experience on the 3rd June night. Hotel is Frogner Apartment House at Bygdoy Alle 53, Frogner.

How do we reach the hotel at night?? We will have to take the keys etc. from another nearby registration office of the Hotel/Apartment.

We have our flight departing for Dubai, at 14:30 from Oslo Airport, On 4th June. How much of Oslo can we see in the morning? We must reach by 12:00 I think to the airport. How do we go about this?

How and from where can we book a minibus / van with English speaking driver / guide to pick us up from hotel at about 7.30 / 8.00 am, take us around the city and drop us to airport by 12.00 /12.30??

What all can we see?

Please do help.

Thanks in advance.

2 Answers Apr 29, 2015 at 11:08 PM
    • Smaney5's Profile Photo

Oslo airport connecting flight abroad...

Oslo Apr 15, 2015 at 11:00 AM

Hello VT! I'm arriving in Osolo airport from Fort Lauderdale and then departing Oslo to Bangkok, my question is do you personally think 1hour 25 min is a decent amount of time to catch my bangkok flight? I have zero checked bags. Only carry on. I just want to know what to expect.

Also, does Oslo airport have free wifi?
      Any advice is appreciated.
      TIA !

4 Answers Apr 18, 2015 at 1:10 PM
    • OSLO airport

Oslo Mar 16, 2015 at 8:41 PM

We are arriving at 9 pm after traveling through western europe. We will have already spent 2 weeks in Norway and will be flying home the next day at 1 pm. Should we just stay at the airport or is it worthwhile (and safe) to stay in town?

2 Answers Mar 17, 2015 at 4:18 AM
    • Ryanmclean97's Profile Photo

2 Days in Oslo?

Oslo Feb 11, 2015 at 4:55 AM

Hello,

I am heading to Oslo for just under 2 days. Leaving tomorrow and I would like to know your suggestions on things to do, We're looking for mostly free things to do, but open to some paying attractions. We have done our research but would just like to hear some other peoples input. Also what is your best restaurant suggestions? We like Italian, Indian whatever really but would be nice if their waiters/waitresses spoke English.

Thanks,
      Ryan

6 Answers Feb 11, 2015 at 3:10 PM
    • Travelling from Oslo to Flåm by car

Oslo Feb 3, 2015 at 5:48 PM

Is it safe and possible to see beautiful landscape travelling by car from Oslo to Flåm?

4 Answers Feb 3, 2015 at 11:04 PM
    • eating at hotels March/ February

Oslo Jan 18, 2015 at 5:32 AM

Type of clothing to wear in the evening

3 Answers Jan 19, 2015 at 12:42 PM
    • Oslo Pass - Validity

Oslo Oct 22, 2014 at 8:31 AM

I read somewhere that the Oslo Pass is no longer valid on the ferry service that serves the Viking Ship museum island. Can anyone confirm this?

1 Answer Oct 22, 2014 at 12:15 PM
    • Thestumps's Profile Photo

Food in Norway?

Oslo Sep 2, 2014 at 6:45 PM

What is typical food for Norwegians?

17 Answers Sep 6, 2014 at 11:58 AM
    • bus/train from TORP

Oslo Aug 30, 2014 at 9:37 AM

Can anybody advice on getting from TORP airport to Oslo center?
      Thank you.

2 Answers Aug 30, 2014 at 10:21 AM
    • jlanza29's Profile Photo

1/2 day in Oslo

Oslo Aug 22, 2014 at 5:06 PM

Hello everyone .... I have about 12 hours in Oslo on my way back from Iceland ... we are staying downtown for 1 night ... besides Akershus Fortess what else is a must do ... I arrive and noon on thursday and depart at 6:00 am the next day .. any tips would be welcomed ....

thanks

jlanza29

4 Answers Aug 23, 2014 at 9:57 AM
    • Gas for backpackers in Oslo this Sunday

Oslo Aug 12, 2014 at 10:41 PM

We arrive in Oslo (Gardermoen) on Sunday (17.08) at 14:00 and depart by bus to Vintertun (Odda) on the same day at 22:30. Then we will have an eight-day trek through the mountains.
      I did a stupid thing: I did not realize that the shops in Norway are closed on Sundays.
      For cooking we need to be one or two gas cylinders Primus Powergas 450 gram (screw camping gas, epi-gas):
      gsport.no/produkt/715069/pri...

Is it possible to buy the gas in Gardermoen's shops (that open Sunday)?
      Is it possible to buy the gas in the center of Oslo on Sunday? I used to read that only one retail chain in open on Sunday - Bunnpris. These stores sell the gas?

6 Answers Aug 13, 2014 at 5:25 AM
    • Live music and the fjords.

Oslo Aug 10, 2014 at 11:42 AM

Can I get an advice on where are the clubs with live music in Oslo, and also, is it possible to see the fjords on a short excursion from Oslo without crossing to the other side of the country, to let's say Bergen? Is there a travel company in Oslo that could arrange a trip to the fjords?
      Thank you all.

1 Answer Aug 11, 2014 at 1:10 AM
    • heidstar's Profile Photo

Getting from bergen to oslo

Oslo Aug 10, 2014 at 4:44 AM

I have booked the Norway in a nutshell tour from Oslo with accommodation in flam to break up the journey and have two nights in Bergen.

I need to get back to oslo but we are in no rush...I know the flight is just 55 minutes but if I took the train back will I be seeing a lot of the same scenery or just a small part of?

I know the flight will be cheaper and quicker but I would hate to miss out on another parts of Norway..
      Any suggestions?

8 Answers Aug 28, 2014 at 10:51 PM
    • csuresh's Profile Photo

Travel from Oslo - questions

Oslo Aug 8, 2014 at 9:26 AM

I was thinking of renting a car from one of the Oslo airports and drive down to Flam rather than taking train. Having 2 kids, this will give the comfort and flexibility of travel. I wanted to know how is the highway experience going to be and are there rest areas and gas stations enough on the way? My normal hotel websites are not showing many accomodation preferences, are there any other reliable hotel options, websites to look at. Ok once I reach Flam - are there any tour maps that will show me where should I lead to in Flam - attractions etc. My plan is then to drive from Flam next day to Bergen before taking a flight back to London.

4 Answers Aug 8, 2014 at 11:02 AM
    • csuresh's Profile Photo

Trip to Oslo - itinerary help

Oslo Aug 5, 2014 at 9:55 AM

I am seeing some very good flight fares from London to Oslo and thinking of travelling there. I also want to know places little away from the city with good accessibility and one that can provide a contrast to Oslo.   Please suggest me an itinerary covering 2 to 3 days on what I can do. If I travel it will be end of this month or sometime next month.

5 Answers Aug 7, 2014 at 12:25 AM
    • How to go there

Oslo Aug 2, 2014 at 11:09 AM

HI.I want to get to Nesbyen from Oslo Rygge Airport.I know that I can go by train but my plain landing at 4p.m. and than the train start before midnight.Is there any other possible to get to Nesbyen?

Thanks Marcin

2 Answers Aug 3, 2014 at 10:29 PM
    • OSLO TO BERGEN VIA FLAM

Oslo Jul 17, 2014 at 1:50 AM

i want to travel to bergen via flam with overnight stay in flam. Which is the best way to do this.
      Regards
      subhash Vaid

4 Answers Jul 28, 2014 at 12:28 AM
    • heidstar's Profile Photo

Oslo city tour

Oslo Jul 14, 2014 at 10:03 AM

Apologise for repeating this..can't see my post..maybe I deleted it..
      The hop on hop off bus, has vey bad reviews due to inaccurate location for sights and lack of buses..anyone know another company that does a city( land only tour)

3 Answers Jul 22, 2014 at 12:13 AM
    • deadites's Profile Photo

Cheap eats in Oslo?

Oslo Jul 12, 2014 at 8:17 AM

I'm assuming McDonald's would be on the somewhat cheap scale, but are there any other places to get a decent meal for under a 100 kr?

6 Answers Jul 28, 2014 at 1:02 AM
    • WhiteMughal's Profile Photo

Two Norway Questions

Oslo Jul 3, 2014 at 7:45 PM

My number one Europe trip is now Oslo. My father came from Buskerud. He left there in 1923. So I want to see some of the sites of his youth. My questions initially are: Are there particular months not to go because prices on everything are the highest? And how does one get to Buskerud if one is lodged in Oslo?

13 Answers Jul 7, 2014 at 1:48 PM
    • Late-night transit safety in Oslo? Coming up soon...prompt answers requested.

Oslo Jun 8, 2014 at 6:34 AM

I will be coming into Oslo via Myrdal and the Bergen Railway (so I assume at the Central Station) at 10:45pm in July. My hotel is listed as a 20min walk from that station and/or next to the Toyen metro stop.
      Is this safe? Can I use the metro that late at night (with suitcase)? Can taxis be trusted? Or should I arrange to be in the city earlier (7pm or so)?

2 Answers Jun 8, 2014 at 9:48 AM
    • Nutshell tickets at Oslo S

Oslo Region May 29, 2014 at 10:06 AM

Hej! I am booking a Nutshell tour from Oslo to Bergen and the train leaves at 8 am on June 7. I will be picking my tickets up at the Oslo S station. Is the ticket office open 24 hours? I am wondering if I can pick them up when I arrive from Sweden at 10 pm the previous night, June 6 (less stress). If not possible, how early do you recommend we arrive to pick up tickets from the station and find our train?

1 Answer May 29, 2014 at 11:07 AM
    • eating our in Oslo

Oslo May 21, 2014 at 5:35 AM

What is the average price for an evening meal in Oslo during August.

2 Answers May 21, 2014 at 1:23 PM
    • Comfort Hotel Boersparken

Oslo May 19, 2014 at 6:26 PM

We will be arriving at the Oslo train station (from Goteborg) around 11 pm and leave for Norway in a Nutshell tour early on the 8 am train to Bergen. Looking at this hotel close to train station since we will each have a suitcase and will be interested in a good night's sleep and a hearty breakfast. No touring Oslo this time. Any opinions on this hotel/area? We are 2 adults and 1 young teenager. Thank you!

4 Answers May 20, 2014 at 11:06 AM
    • Horse riding

Oslo May 15, 2014 at 2:30 AM

Any horse trekking near Jessheim.....

• How expensive is expensive?

Oslo May 12, 2014 at 9:24 AM

Hi, I'm planning on going to Oslo this summer with a few friends, just out of curiosity. I keep on reading everywhere that Norway is expensive but without any explicit figures. I'm from Switzerland, which is probably one of the most expensive places in Europe. So will it be more or less like Switzerland? Or a lot more expensive?
      For reference, in Switzerland, a McDonalds meal is about 11,50€; 0,5L beer in a bar 7,50€: drink in a club 25€ and a bottle of vodka in a club 290€.
      Extra question: Can I get by fine everywhere speaking English? I speak a little Swedish but I doubt that will help!
      Thanks in advance :)
      -Dyl

6 Answers May 12, 2014 at 5:25 PM
    • Travel from Oslo to Karlstad

Oslo Region Apr 2, 2014 at 12:01 PM

Any suggestions on best way to travel from Oslo Norway to Karlstad Sweden. Bus or Train? Recommended company to use and locations of connections.

3 Answers Apr 3, 2014 at 12:12 AM
    • Oslo Gallerian

Oslo Apr 1, 2014 at 11:12 PM

Is Olso Gallerian a bus station?

Where is it?

3 Answers Apr 2, 2014 at 11:36 AM
    • Cheapest bars and pubs?

Oslo Apr 1, 2014 at 7:35 PM

I would like to know the bars and pubs with the cheapest prices? Thanks.

2 Answers Apr 18, 2014 at 2:19 PM